maybe something new and refreshing....kick starting the joes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there could be another way of getting more people to contribute custom figures and ideas to keep the line going, since it seems people want to keep it going how a bit more transparency what I mean is share recipes, templates for clothing, best paints to use and any other tips, speaking from the UK I know it's hard to get everything you need locally. The only blessing we have is that pacemaker lives over here and that saves on shipping but I paid over $50 for a full set of clothing from America which if the uk members had templates I'm sure we could make our own clothes and save a bit of money and vice versa, our American friends can get heads from the uk and cast them and sell them domestically
Just an idea we could use a handful of users as central hubs for deals like I say just an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see there being much, or enough, interest to get large custom projects going for Joe.

MANDO no longer does 1/6, Creg left before he got started, Ski is gone for months/years at a time, and Pace is doing great work but only a handful of people show any interest, same with spider.

Even when some interest is shown in a group type project, once prices start getting mentioned, interest dries up. Joe doesn't get the kind of interest that's going to get a larger run together to bring down costs. Paying custom artists for sculpts, sculpted parts, paint apps, and clothing adds up fast. All artists are charging more now and collecting parts can be costly as fawk! You can be a couple hundred dollars in before you even start getting bodies/boots/accessories together. Collecting just a few parts on TA or MD you're in $50-$100. Its a lot to ask people to commit so much money to projects that take months/years to finish. It's also a lot to ask an artist to commit their time when their isn't much pay off for them.

The customs section is constantly active, if there was genuine interest for Joe stuff the market would provide it.

I agree with King. however I think we could still manage to put together some great figures, if we had the heads and and just certain special items of clothes.

Its really sad to think that the 1/6th Joes are overlooked. Sideshow generated a lot of interest despite their shortcomings and own interpretations however when they terminated the line down goes most of the people that collects them. The ones that are keeping the heart beating here are the die hard fans of the line. I understand the separation from collectors and kit bashers/customizer. I have so much respect to people that are capable of doing/creating their unique characters and keep entertaining us of their creations. They are the minority here but despite this they show big heart to keep the joe forum alive. As for the pure collector who just buy and collect (majority I think) are loosing interest as they don't have anything to purchase, this is I think the main reason why this forum is dry as a desert.

I fully appreciate Rouges effort to rally us and try to ignite the passion once again. I can count on my hands people that are still here and to that I give my full respect. Kings input as well as Evil's and many others are precious as I can tell their wisdom and insight to the situation. Mainstream collector won't just pay for custom works as this are very expensive and same true with all other customs. Saying that, I can see other customs figure have great support and are much popular than the Joes. As for me, as long as I have the time, I will keep making joes with my two hands. I just love it so much. I thank you all for the motivation that you gave me. KEEP YOUR CUSTOMS COMING!!!!

ok..so here's my thoughts...what happens if we do it and it fails? no worse off, are we? i still have my reg suits to do, etc...so it wont affect me too much if it doesnt work out...my "plan" is to get the heads done..either from Pace or whoever wants to help...any kind of specific gear...rifles or backpacks, etc....the suits...not sure on boots, footwear yet...maybe a stand with a custom joe decal from Face, etc....all you would have to buy yourself is the body....that's my/our plan..and keeping the price down, where it wont gouge you guys or not make anything for us..lol...if it all can be done for less than 200 bucks...that isnt that bad considering that is cheaper than most SSC or HT stuff..right? who knows...maybe it will be a huge hit and we can do more...right?

right now...we need a sculptor, a painter....a weapons expert, etc..maybe we could look into doing something like 3d for shapeways...anyone here know how to do 3d models?

it's been my experience all along being here that everyone wants more joes, etc..and i know that SSC dropped the ball..it happens...but now you guys have a "better and hopefully easier" way of making your stuff come alive...i can't tell you how happy that i am when i buy a POP toys set to use for a figure..makes it so much easier doing a bash then trying to find things piece by piece..and that's what we are trying to do for you(and for us)....

Last edited:
Its really sad to think that the 1/6th Joes are overlooked. Sideshow generated a lot of interest despite their shortcomings and own interpretations however when they terminated the line down goes most of the people that collects them. The ones that are keeping the heart beating here are the die hard fans of the line. I understand the separation from collectors and kit bashers/customizer. I have so much respect to people that are capable of doing/creating their unique characters and keep entertaining us of their creations. They are the minority here but despite this they show big heart to keep the joe forum alive. As for the pure collector who just buy and collect (majority I think) are loosing interest as they don't have anything to purchase, this is I think the main reason why this forum is dry as a desert.

I fully appreciate Rouges effort to rally us and try to ignite the passion once again. I can count on my hands people that are still here and to that I give my full respect. Kings input as well as Evil's and many others are precious as I can tell their wisdom and insight to the situation. Mainstream collector won't just pay for custom works as this are very expensive and same true with all other customs. Saying that, I can see other customs figure have great support and are much popular than the Joes. As for me, as long as I have the time, I will keep making joes with my two hands. I just love it so much. I thank you all for the motivation that you gave me. KEEP YOUR CUSTOMS COMING!!!!
This is so well said Pace, thank you for support and talents!

Sounds good to me as long as I can get characters that I'm interested in. Maybe we should have a poll? :cool:

our plan is to stick to the figure/card art designs more so than what SSC did..i don't want to just out and out copy SSC style..there's no fun in that...i want the classic look i think..but it's all in the air still...

12939580_10206211159493100_1223930337_n.jpg

gonna offer up quick kick first...working on a prototype thing now..will reveal in the next couple of weeks...

trying to work out the details for a croc master as well..so stay tuned for that...

gonna offer up quick kick first...working on a prototype thing now..will reveal in the next couple of weeks...

trying to work out the details for a croc master as well..so stay tuned for that...

Can't wait to see Quick Kick (and Croc Master)....the Star holding Sash you did for him looks great

Back