May the 4th Event 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life Size Yoda Please

That's all it could really be so I think you're in luck. :)

Although a while back here we were talking about pricing for it and how it would likely be outrageous. I predicted $3000. We'll see if I'm right! :lol Which is especially ridiculous given Gentle Giant's life size yoda was a fraction of that if I remember correctly and was much nicer in my opinion, especially with that light up saber. If I was going to spend that type of money on a Life Size Yoda (Which I'm not) I wouldn't be getting sideshow's.

Well it was just clarified that NOTHING other than the films and the stupid kids shows are cannon.

Hey Disney. **** you.

Well it was just clarified that NOTHING other than the films and the stupid kids shows are cannon.

Hey Disney. **** you.

Oh, come on. Didn't Lucas include the pod racing line in Phantom Menace so he could have something to market to kids? This isn't just Disney. This was going on before the sale. As was said before, it's business.

The movies need to appeal to mass audiences, not the few who buy Star Wars books. Some of those story lines were just truly awful, so it's not a surprise that the writers decided to go in their own direction.

I'm excited to see all of the reveals....

Really hoping for a new Mythos!!!

Oh, come on. Didn't Lucas include the pod racing line in Phantom Menace so he could have something to market to kids? This isn't just Disney. This was going on before the sale. As was said before, it's business.

The movies need to appeal to mass audiences, not the few who buy Star Wars books. Some of those story lines were just truly awful, so it's not a surprise that the writers decided to go in their own direction.

You are correct much of the EU was truly awful. But there were also many FANTASTIC stories in there. Some even better than the films. And there is no reason why so many of those have to go. Evidently people working on Star Wars now think their stories are more important than, and should take precedence over, the often superior work that came before it.

I am ok with the kid stuff existing. I get it's business. But having it exist IN PLACE of the other things is the problem. Seriously? Dark Horse's clone wars is out the window but Filoni's kid show is official cannon. Go **** yourself Disney.

The Clone Wars show was considered hard canon under Lucas as well. Honestly that's where it's coming from.

:clap the way it should be. go filoni and crew!!!!!! looking forward to rebels!!!!! :hi5:

I truthfully can not fathom how anyone could think that but to each their own I guess. I'm glad at least some people are finding joy in all of this because I've had a really devastating day. :(

Any PF you can use that code on? I tried applying it to Savage Oppress, but it didn't work.

Any PF you can use that code on? I tried applying it to Savage Oppress, but it didn't work.

Probably only for in stock items. I don't think I have ever seen a code that you can use on preorders...

Probably only for in stock items. I don't think I have ever seen a code that you can use on preorders...

Sometimes you can, but the preorder had to have been available for some time. It is rather frustrating, especially when the bulk of the product serious collectors buy are preorders.

I don't think we can make that judgement yet. Clearly they are marketing things like Rebels to retain a young toy buying audience but we haven't seen the real stuff yet. Once we see the new film and read one of the new EU books like the Tarkin one we'll have an idea of what their intentions are for the franchise as a whole.

They also seem to be intent on keeping much of the EU or at least taking stuff from it. Hopefully they'll keep much of the good stories in some form. For example, if they want to do a loose adaptation of the Thrawn story to fit with the new lore in any format I'm ok with that.

But stuff that doesn't need to be scrapped like KOTOR and Clone Wars Era stories or The Force Unleashed shouldn't be.

By the way Mandible. Everything you said should be put on a plaque that we can nail to Disney HQ.

LOL! Thanks Swift!

What I don't get is, it's not rocket science. Another example I use all the time is Jaws - I was 6 when I saw it, again loved it, loved the characters (even as a kid) but nowadays the characters are thin, poorly written and acted in these tentpole films.

Gotta say though, I LOVE the Godzilla trailer because it's all about Bryan Cranston's character.

Back