Maul PROCESSING!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have a pending charge on my debt card. Is this Sideshows wonderful Christmas present for all of us collectors? Can't wait to pose Maul under the Christmas tree.:maul

Season's Greetings to all of u and yours!

PS. anyone into DC Direct's 13" Deluxe Collector line, give me a yell! Lookin' for a Green Lantern.:monkey2

I'll have to check my CC to see how many pending charges I have coming from SS right now.

Huh...It'd be tempting to get an additional Maul to repaint the body similar to this figure:

potjdeluxemaulclose.jpg

I just may do that...

Jedi_Mike said:
Huh...It'd be tempting to get an additional Maul to repaint the body similar to this figure:

potjdeluxemaulclose.jpg

I just may do that...

Having a maul like that would be quite a job. If you ever do, post some pics, he would look amazing.

nash said:
I dont see the purpose of doing that.

To have a Maul like that???:confused:

What's the purpose of doing any custom job? I'll have a fully clothed and film accurate inclusive Maul and then a standard Maul body repainted....:D

It would look cool but way too much work IMO. If someone does it post pics I'd like to see it.

Darthrazz said:
I found a review of Maul from someone in Malaysia who already got one. It's over at OSW. Apparently maul has an all black body. Unfortunately no pictures were along with the review.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60460

Uh-Oh... from the review:

Out of the 6 boxes that I chose from, 2 had eyes that looked different ways. It's not really obvious from a distance, but I'm glad I got to choose the 'good eyed' Maul. For those of you who are ordering and don't get to choose, start praying now...

pjam said:

Out of the 6 boxes that I chose from, 2 had eyes that looked different ways. It's not really obvious from a distance, but I'm glad I got to choose the 'good eyed' Maul. For those of you who are ordering and don't get to choose, start praying now...

Fears confirmed. Fingers crossed for mine. I got boned on Aragorn so its my turn for a good one. :D

If it's minor though from and from the distance most of us will be looking at it should be a major problem.

Wor-Gar said:
Fears confirmed. Fingers crossed for mine. I got boned on Aragorn so its my turn for a good one. :D

Were you able to return/exchange Aragorn? Does Sideshow consider bad eye paint jobs a "returnable" flaw??

Darthrazz said:
Were you able to return/exchange Aragorn? Does Sideshow consider bad eye paint jobs a "returnable" flaw??
Not unless it is really bad. Like there is a pint glog hanging from the nose or some such.

I know what you're saying Josh, it's just that the eyes are a very big deal for me so if I get "which way" or Marty Feldman eyes I suppose I can always exchange it. Aimee will take good care of me (and us) as always. :D :maul

I don't know if this has been asked, but... I know that the eyes are painted by hand. Are the face tattoos painted by hand as well or machine? I'm afraid that there will be lots of variations of the tattoos on the face.

Darthrazz said:

I didn't bother. The eyes were fine, it was some sloppy paint on the beard... which I fixed myself as many others here did.

But eyes are a whole different matter. I couldn't re-do or fix the eyes myself. I wouldn't send it back for that reason, I'm just hoping I get a good set of eyes if this rumor is true.

pjam said:

As quoted from the guy doing the review:

Oh I forgot about the 'monkey arms' problem. Now that you've mentioned it, yes, Maul's legs do seem to be rather short. It must be because the arms are too long.

Yeah so it looks like the monkey arms problem is confirmed. thank you Sideshow for not paying attention to proper body proportions yet again! :maul

Back