Maul bust or Exclusive Grievous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maul Bust or Grievous Exc

• Maul Bust

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Griveous

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Buy both and go to bankrupt :)

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • let bannister sell you for a cheaper LOL

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

gambit

Super Freak
Reaction score
One friend of mine in Turkey is selling his SW line and he has

maul bust for 860 $ and
Greivous exc for 750 $

I only have PF vader and Obi wan in SW of SS so far and probably will buy the Boba fett if he turns out to be great. Darth Maul exclusive is in wait list which I presume will convert also. But I am not so sure about the resemblance of maul PF and his pose.

Maul bust is limited to 1000 and is a great piece but I am not planning to buy greedo bust or yoda bust. Grievous is 1500 exc and 2500 regular and has a cool pose and design.

if you had to choose which one would you choose?

Depends on which character you like most I would say, each is a great collectible for the individual character, if you're a Maul fan/collector, the bust is a fantastic piece, even if you no other 1:1 busts, if you like Grievous, and you like collecting PF, then I'd say that's the route to go.

I'd buy the Maul bust. Grievous takes up alot of room and is nowhere near as cool looking as Maul IMO. Having had Grievous for awhile I actually regret buying him sometimes. I don't have the Maul bust but would love to have that instead of Grievous.

Damn dude, what a tough choice. By far my two favorite SW items. I don't know if I could choose between them though. I'd probably say Maul bust just because you don't see it pop up for sale too often. They are both MUST owns for me and the last two SW items I'd ever consider getting rid of (of course I'd never consider getting rid of any of my SW stuff so that really isn't saying much)

On second thought, F it and get both. A bank account is over rated.

I would go with the Maul bust, hands down - but I am more of a Maul fan then a Grievous fan - not that Grievous isnt cool or anything ( because he is!) but as far as these two pieces are concerned I think that the Maul bust is much more impressive - and Maul is not done any justice through pictures, you really have to see him in person to realize how freakin awesome he is. Good luck with your desicion.:D

And my two cents has been spent.:chew

Grievous is my favorite SW statue and you should def. add it to your collection. However, as Loki already stated, the Maul busts are harder to find unlike Grievous, so I would get Maul first. I see GG exclusives all the time on ebay so they shouldn't be a problem.

thanks for good points

I am not into SW so much, I mean I will never buy Han solo, leia, Luke, Luke w yoda ...PF's. regardless I like cool designs and characters.

One thing concerns me is that Grievous is taking so much space and in Turkey it will be very very difficult to find huge acrilic case. (agent0028)

as DL and CF says, in Turkey there are like 3-4 Griveous exclusives but only -1-2 busts.

as character I like them both but I think maul is much more a cool character. (seanmh, maulfan)

both items are the ultimate versions in the market, it is a very difficult choice indeed

At least there are people collecting SS in Turkey.

I think I'm the only one in Croatia (and the surrounding four or five countries).

Seretur said:
(But those prices are just insane.)

Prices are ok for Turkey as we are paying over 200$ for shipment plus taxes is another headache

When I buy from this guy, I will only pay like 30 $ internal shipment without any customs ;)

Seretur said:
At least there are people collecting SS in Turkey.

I think I'm the only one in Croatia (and the surrounding four or five countries).

I know that feeling :)

there are many collectors in Turkey at this time actually and we even have a forum for for statues and busts only. :)

latest news from Turkey is our forum admin bought the full set of Attakus SW 1138 numbered pieces but that it another topic :)

If you're concerned about keeping the Grievous clean from dust, that's another area where Maul would prevail, his head is easy to dust off, and the cloth parts even easier, I imagine Grievous is difficult to keep clean if you can't hide him from the air.

Maul all the way, both were one dimensional villians, but at least Maul did his job well.

:maul

I could never own Grievous, I would only be thinking of what a waste of character he was - asthmatic cyborg and all. :emperor

DarthMaulBust008.jpg

DarthMaulBust002.jpg

DarthMaulBust006.jpg

And the facial sculpt owns the PF too!

No contest. Maul bust all the way. As great as the Grievous PF is, and as much of a must own it is too, you just can't get any better than 1:1. The Grievous PF is a must for the high-end collector; but, the Maul bust is for the Connoisseur.

Tough choice, I had both, I sold the Maul bust and kept Gen G. You could display Gen G. with your other PF's. I didn't Like Mauls painted eyes. But he might be the better investment. We also have the Maul PF coming. Use the force.

Back