Maul 1:1 Bust...F*****G AWESOME!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini-Rock

Super Freak
Reaction score
I admit, I was a little nervous about this piece, since I was expecting to be blown away, because, sometimes, you can expect to be so blown away by something that you can end up being just somewhat satisfied, or even disappointed. Well, I just couldn't contain my excitement as I opened the box, took the inner box out, and, finally, cut open the tape around the syrofoam. Yeah, I was completely expecting to be blown away; and as I lifted the styrofoam, and removed the packing, I yelled "HOLY FRIKKIN poo!!" I must of stared at it (it's still in the bottom part of the styrofoam) for about 20 min. Finally, I lifted it up and set it on the shelf, and did the usual brushing off of fuzzies, and I also used a little lint roller to get the other stuff. All this, mind you, was done while TPM was playing too. :monkey5 I sat on the couch and just stared for a another 30 min or so. I couldn't, can't, believe how incredible this piece is. This is one of those pieces that is so damn incredible, you can't believe you own it. Kudos to Sideshow for creating such an exotic piece. You guys should be proud; I know I am. :chew :maul

sandtrooper%20001.jpg

Congrats MR!! I really like this piece. Was amazed by it at SDCC last year and it looks equally as good. I really cannot wait till SS gets a Maul 1:4 out because I know that will be my fave SW piece.

Looks awesome mini....also one of the best pics so far....lets get one with his hood on now...That is exactly how I felt when I got my 1:1 Legend bust....I have a chair sitting infront of it, so once a day I can sit down and stare at it....my girlfreind thinks I'am a total geek...

Thanks Carbo & Josh.

King, once my 22x14x30 case arrives, I'll be adding the hood, and taking a few more pics too. :maul Yeah, all my boys at work poked fun at me all day. It was all I could talk about. :D

Man, that is one impressive piece! Will you be displaying it with the MR Lightsaber, or don't you collect those? I don't think I saw any in your collection.

Mini-Rock said:
I admit, I was a little nervous about this piece, since I was expecting to be blown away, because, sometimes, you can expect to be so blown away by something that you can end up being just somewhat satisfied, or even disappointed. Well, I just couldn't contain my excitement as I opened the box, took the inner box out, and, finally, cut open the tape around the syrofoam. Yeah, I was completely expecting to be blown away; and as I lifted the styrofoam, and removed the packing, I yelled "HOLY FRIKKIN poo!!" I must of stared at it (it's still in the bottom part of the styrofoam) for about 20 min. Finally, I lifted it up and set it on the shelf, and did the usual brushing off of fuzzies, and I also used a little lint roller to get the other stuff. All this, mind you, was done while TPM was playing too. :monkey5 I sat on the couch and just stared for a another 30 min or so. I couldn't, can't, believe how incredible this piece is. This is one of those pieces that is so damn incredible, you can't believe you own it. Kudos to Sideshow for creating such an exotic piece. You guys should be proud; I know I am. :chew :maul...

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chew :emperor

My pictures are here...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=147358#post147358

I can't see how ANYONE will be disappointed, this is truly a work of Art

my Goodness, just staring at it must be amazing and in 1:1 scale!

Thanks for all the great pics, guys!

why are his arms so long!? looks like monkey arms!

nash said:
why are his arms so long!? looks like monkey arms!

Well you see, he had this horrible light saber accident, and... well... you know, the medical droids had an off day is all... :monkey1

Batty said:
Man, that is one impressive piece! Will you be displaying it with the MR Lightsaber, or don't you collect those? I don't think I saw any in your collection.

Yup! Still got it...for now.

sandtrooper%20012.jpg

Not sure if I'll stay with that or get the Maul FX instead. :)

Dammit!!!!!! I want mine so friggin bad now! I wonder if I can pick it up from Fed Ex Friday night if it arrives?

Does it come with a hood? I ordered one and don't remember if thats the case, btw looks awesome I can't wait!!!:chew :chew

Mini-Rock said:
Yup! Still got it...for now.
Not sure if I'll stay with that or get the Maul FX instead. :)

i say you keep the LE because its B.A.!!! btw where do you get your custom cases?? i know i asked you before but i no longer have the site saved under my favorites.

Yeah, it comes with a hood. I haven't attached it yet since I'm waiting for the acrylic case to arrive. Hairless, the site is Cases for Collectibles. I am thinking of staying with the LE, but you never know. :D Thanks for the comments guys! Hopefully, we see more pics from other forum members here too.

cool thanks again Rock!! man some of those cases are expensive. wish my dad still worked for a plastics company because he used to make stuff like that with scraps for free. :monkey2

Excellent stuff Luis, because the bust is elevated so much, what would the saber look like in front!? :maul

I hear ya hairless. The damn case ran me another $200. Still, I wouldn't have the piece without it.

Matt, it looks awesome of course ;), but the name plate on the bust base gets blocked, so I'll be leaving the saber on the shelf below, or I'll be getting one of the longer 47" shelves, so I can put the saber next to the bust. :maul

Mini-Rock said:
Matt, it looks awesome of course ;), but the name plate on the bust base gets blocked, so I'll be leaving the saber on the shelf below, or I'll be getting one of the longer 47" shelves, so I can put the saber next to the bust. :maul

Yeah, I figured as much but some are not so fond of the nameplates to begin with. If I get one, I think it could look really good with the FX in front. :maul <---- obligatory, sorry. :eek:

Back