Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel Movie Masters Thead

Its not...I know I'm coming across as kinda a-holish with the post, but i've been collecting these 6 inch things for a while...and I know the drill. The only reason they're displaying the 12 inch one is because they havent made the final products yet. In order to do that, they'll have to go into the factories, and get painted and crap. Which they probably are doing right now.

Point is, dont get your hopes up. However, if they DO decide to make one, i'll be suprised.

I didnt see that other Two Face there.....huh. Maybe they might Maul....

The 12" ones are "2-up" prototypes. They are sculpted at 12" (twice the production size) in order to get more details in there. They remain (for the most part) intact when shrunken down. I think a reason why some 3 3/4" figure sculpts can look like crap is probably because they sculpt them at scale and at scale things can be a lot harder to get details in there.

I would be amazing to see what 12" sculpts would look like if they were sculpted at twice their size and then shrunken down!

Interesting idea, I guess you'd have to see how much detail is lost by the reduction process and not just the scale. If shrinking loses detail to the point it's no more than a really detailed pure 1/6 sculpt, probably not worth the cost.

As for Two-Face 12", they released TDK suit Batman masked and unmasked, so hopefully they'll feel need to put Joker and Two-Face out to get some villains.

Yeah, I didnt see the 6 inch TF on the bottom there. The only reason they'd do that, is if they were considering a 12" one.

That Joker posted eariler IS a 12", I'm sure.

By the way, I don't think that's BR Joker on display, I think that's the heavier goon that gets killed with the shotgun when the banker first fights back. That, or it's a so-so sample they've got there because the suit looks almost black and Joker's was definitely a grey.

By the way, I don't think that's BR Joker on display, I think that's the heavier goon that gets killed with the shotgun when the banker first fights back. That, or it's a so-so sample they've got there because the suit looks almost black and Joker's was definitely a grey.

Unfortunately no, its Joker. Mattel looks like they screwed up again.

Yeah, but its not a big deal. Its a 12 dollar toy. I have my HT Robber if I want accuracy.

But thats not the point. It's not about money, it is about sending a message. Is it that hard to find grey plastic instead of black? I mean, what if they made a Dr. Manhatten purple? Oh, well, we got DCD for accuracy :rolleyes

And the fact they do such a good job with DCUC makes the blunders with this line that much worse. Its like the ugly stepchild of DCUC.

Too bad the 'interrogation' joker doesn't have rolled up sleeves.

But thats not the point. It's not about money, it is about sending a message. Is it that hard to find grey plastic instead of black? I mean, what if they made a Dr. Manhatten purple? Oh, well, we got DCD for accuracy :rolleyes

And the fact they do such a good job with DCUC makes the blunders with this line that much worse. Its like the ugly stepchild of DCUC.

Actually, yes. Black plastic is the cheapest to use.

Still, that joker sculpt is much better. I saw it in person today. If it is half as good in a 6 inch form it still beats the first joker figure.

I'm glad to see how this line is expanding, particularly since Hot Toys and Medicom aren't touching Gordon, Scarecrow, Ra's, etc. and this line seems to have good chances for that, but I wish they could go into the other Batman's.

As for BR Joker figure, I was thinking of getting it, but if he comes in a black suit, that's 90% of the figure look, I won't bother. And regardless of price of plastic, I haven't seen too many flops in this line, it's a bit interesting that they could get BR wrong like that, especially when Two-Face is 5 inches away and has the right color suit, and a color that'd work fine for Joker.

I'm glad to see how this line is expanding, particularly since Hot Toys and Medicom aren't touching Gordon, Scarecrow, Ra's, etc. and this line seems to have good chances for that, but I wish they could go into the other Batman's.

As for BR Joker figure, I was thinking of getting it, but if he comes in a black suit, that's 90% of the figure look, I won't bother. And regardless of price of plastic, I haven't seen too many flops in this line, it's a bit interesting that they could get BR wrong like that, especially when Two-Face is 5 inches away and has the right color suit, and a color that'd work fine for Joker.

Yeah I was really excited bout the BR figure but that does seem a balls up about the suit. There's no real excuse for it. Why have they used black?

I'll be interested to see the 12" versions shruken down to 6". They could look like they could be great.

Hopefully with the fear toxin bats being displayed, we might get some more being produced. The a-holes who have been buying and selling them to make a profit need shooting b:gun

1st outing Bats looks brilliant! Hurry up and release them already

I'm not sure you can take the toxin Batman as a sign of re-release, could just be a display piece, they've also got Crane with him and I've seen plenty of those on pegs.

That new Joker sculpt is pretty good, hopefully the massive pores won't be as visible when shrunk to 6inch.

Yeah I was really excited bout the BR figure but that does seem a balls up about the suit. There's no real excuse for it. Why have they used black?

I'll be interested to see the 12" versions shruken down to 6". They could look like they could be great.

Hopefully with the fear toxin bats being displayed, we might get some more being produced. The a-holes who have been buying and selling them to make a profit need shooting b:gun

1st outing Bats looks brilliant! Hurry up and release them already

They are. All of these figures are sculpted at 12" and then shrunken down. Those 12" figures you see are the prototypes, not actual products. The actual products are the 6" figures at their feet.

Ok, now I know the figure I posted to start this thread was the 12" Two-Face, my excitement's dwindled a bit seeing how the actual 6" looks.

IMG_1786.JPG

Two-Face-full.jpg

On the other hand, first night Batman looks fantastic, great Bale face.

IMG_1788.JPG

I hope they make a standard Bruce Wayne, HT likely won't, be nice to have him in some form.

Back