Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not much, but I have these to spare:
DSC04932.jpg

DSC04961.jpg
x2

ImperiexLeg.jpg

Looking for Superboy and Brainiac from the Legion pack. IF you have these and are willing to sell them. Please send me a PM. Thanks!

Red Robin should be smaller, but since it's the only other Tim we'll get outside of (blech) New 52, I'll take it. Let's hope Grayson Batman and Damian aren't far behind...

Red Robin should be smaller, but since it's the only other Tim we'll get outside of (blech) New 52, I'll take it. Let's hope Grayson Batman and Damian aren't far behind...

Tim should have a smaller build as Red Robin, but that figure is not Tim. The build and the headsculpt of a middle-aged man represent D!ck Grayson as Red Robin from Kingdom Come.

Lets be honest here. As excited as I am about the Red Robin figure, it really doesn't represent Tim or D!ck very well. People keep on saying "without a doubt" it's Kingdom Come version of D1ck Grayson...but it doesn't look exactly like the costume's initial appearance very much. D!ck's version of the costume didn't have the cape swept back behind his shoulders.

I think its just an amalgimation of Red Robin. At any rate I'll take it, and keep hoping for sideshow to make a 1/6 version from Arkham City.

Lets be honest here. As excited as I am about the Red Robin figure, it really doesn't represent Tim or D!ck very well. People keep on saying "without a doubt" it's Kingdom Come version of D1ck Grayson...but it doesn't look exactly like the costume's initial appearance very much. D!ck's version of the costume didn't have the cape swept back behind his shoulders.

I think its just an amalgimation of Red Robin. At any rate I'll take it, and keep hoping for sideshow to make a 1/6 version from Arkham City.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to learn which version Mattel claims it is via the text on the back of the card.

It does seem that way. It really does seem most like D!ck. While you have a point about the cape, having it draped over his shoulders would restrict articulation to a point that would anger or at least disappoint everyone who'd buy him to remove from the plastic. The Horsemen aren't going to do a straight representation of an Alex Ross illustration (painting) since they do like to make the DCU figures a bit more general/generic/whatever. The white eyes along with that build do point more to Jason, like Rex said over on the matty boards, but he could very well gain pupils or even a smoother head during production. :dunno I just can't see trying to make the figure look like he's in his forties, if it's not supposed to be D!ck. Again, we'll find out what the Horsemen and Mattel intended with this one when the card back is revealed.

Last edited:
Looks like the new mattel pattern is 3 new characters and one re-paint. I'm torn, $17.5 for each figure is kinda getting pricey but with that useless fourth figure it hikes the price up to $23 a figure. I will have to wait and look at the available prices.

I'm just waiting for retail on these now. With shipping the savings just aren't there anymore to justify a full set when there is no C&C insentive. Plus I doubt we get anything to replace them either.

Pay more, get less. Mattel. :lol

I'm just waiting for retail on these now. With shipping the savings just aren't there anymore to justify a full set when there is no C&C insentive. Plus I doubt we get anything to replace them either.

Pay more, get less. Mattel. :lol

This is exactly what I am thinking right now.

Red Robin doesn't look like Tim, more like the KC version. New 52 Supes and Flash will be the first Mattel figures I'll be buying in a long time. If Matty can give me the whole new 52 Justice League I'll be happy.

Back