Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AM- Yes. My brother and I plan on getting a replacement or buying another set and plucking out the best ones and sending one set back. We have found that this is the best way to get good figures from MattyCollector. In most cases, we always buy doubles and send the flawed one back. This was the first time we decided (I decided...talked my brother out of it) not to purchase 2 sets as not to have $300+ bucks tied up with dumbass MC.

KE- Yes. Like all figs circa early 2000's, they were mostly below $8 bucks. Prices really jumped...spiked really, around 2008-2009. They've been relentlessly high every since.

Yeah that set would have been a success with a only miniscule effort on mattel's part. A few paint changes from gold to maze would have had this thing giving the mad love set a real run for the money, but their infinite wisdom fails again!
Now I'm really thinking we should have got two subs, but who wants to be locked in to some crap you can't even return? We are headed for troubled waters I'm afraid. I surely hope not, but dayum, what is with mattel?

Missed out on the Legion set--the price tag was a bit much for my budget last month.

I did, however, receive Wave 19 from bbts yesterday. Quick thoughts--the only figure that suffered from warpage was Stargirl, who is easily the clunker of the wave (although her smile is nowhere near as bad as most folks have commented). My Atom's head, cape and neck were glued together and his head broke off when I tried to turn it-- bbts is sending a replacement.

Everyone else turned out fantastic! Magog is great, Kobra looks sinister, Hawkman, although a tad redundant, is a nice addition to the JSA shelf, and Sandman is the wave's winner for me. Go figure, a guy in a suit is my fav. STRIPE is pretty cool, although his left thigh swivel is stuck and his forearms could use a cut joint. Hopefully I can free it up in the freezer maybe?

Anyways, a nice, off-beat wave. I'm gonna miss these groupings next year in the retail line!

Larfleeze and Superboy Prime will be mine. If these figures are going to cost $15 and won't even have a CnC piece to add some value to the overall set price, I'm going to be pretty bummed.

Larfleeze and Superboy Prime will be mine. If these figures are going to cost $15 and won't even have a CnC piece to add some value to the overall set price, I'm going to be pretty bummed.

Don't worry, they won't be $15. Odds are they'll be in the $18-$20 range.

So Mattle have to change up the the retail line as some figures just are not good for retail.......and then wave 1 for 2012 has Plastic Man from flashpoint in it and a re-release of Batman Beyond. I don't get it but whatever this is what mattle and DC seem to think will work at retail.

I'd love to see them do Batman Beyond right this time. Use the Nightwing buck, matte black paint, and give him his ____ing wings. I sincerely doubt, thought, that's what we'll see.

I'm starting to think the WB renewal of Mattel's DC license was a mistake. Mattel is so out of touch with reality right now. Yeah, Larfleeze, Flashpoint Plastic man, and Superboy prime are all more well known and saleable than Poison Ivy :lol

Danielle Maclachlan has admitted that Ivy is major character and a popular one at that. I'm 100% convinced they threw her into Club Infinite Earths to sell more subscriptions.

Why did they even put Atrocitus in the Sub if they're going to put larfleeze in the DCNU all stars line?

It's like they did not even put any thought as to what characters they should put in the Subscription. Couldn't they not even ask a simple question?
Of all the teams that they have done in the DCUC, which teams sold more characters and what other characters of that team have we not done? That list should be enough to fill subscriptions for a few years. i.e. golden age flash. Why do Atrocitus and Poison Ivy, when they have two lines that they can offer these characters from, like DCNU and BAtman LEgacy?

Anyways, As for the figures from the DCNU all Stars - all will be mine and I as for the sub, I am leaning to discontinue after the first year. Though I wish the plastic man was on a leaner buck and I don't see any difference from this batman beyond to the one they did a while ago.

Larfleeze looks a little off...although the Superboy Prime looks better than the DCD version. If Matty is going to give love to Flashpoint I'll be more than happy, DC's line was lack some serious players in that story.

I'm just happy I'm gonna be able to get the batman beyond figure finally. I could care less about mattel. They really make strange decisions.

Finally got our replacement LOSH set...NO CHARGE!!!!

And now we see what all the hoopla was about when guys were saying this set was excellent. This new set has no visible QC issues save for a mis-aligned paint app here or there.

Still pulling these out one by one. Brainiac 5 had a stuck right thigh swivel but I was able to get it moving with some boiling water.

Congrats, lee. i took mine out of the shipping box and decided to not take out the figures. Not because I might sell it in the future but because the box and the presentation is done so well. I don't think I can display it any better than in the box.

Thanks AJ!

The little trays slide right out and back in again...the packaging is VERY collector friendly. More like their convention exclusives and less like their regular releases.

Once removed and replaced, no one could tell they've ever been removed unless you look at the tape holding the flap down.

Back