Matrix Studio 1/4 Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the monumental delays on this piece and questionable quality among other things, will Secret Compass refund the $250 NRD?

A while back I ordered the Imaginarium Art 1:4 Iron Man Mk43 Battle Damaged statue through SC that required an $80 deposit. Their stock of the statue was delayed for a very very long time despite it already having been released by IA and being listed as sold out everywhere else. Strangely, SC was still taking orders on their website. I saw a few of them up on Ebay for a little cheaper than I preordered at SC, but I was locked in because of my deposit to SC. I was informed by them that I had to wait something like 500 days past the scheduled due date for the statue before they would refund my deposit should I want to cancel.

In any event, as the 500th day (or whatever the exact number they required) finally approached and I was getting ready to cancel my order and request my deposit back, they magically got one in stock. By that point nearly a year and a half had passed, I had completely lost interest in the statue and didn't want to pay the balance due, and lost my deposit. Unlikely I will pre-order anything through them again.

I believe in their TOS it said you can cancel for a refund 2 years after PO or somesuch, they didn't hide it or anything go read :p

multiple reports of this company being a complete scam...they are also changing their name to try and do it all again with another piece.

get your money back if you can.

multiple reports of this company being a complete scam...they are also changing their name to try and do it all again with another piece.

This piece is an unlicensed recast. I really don’t know why anyone expected anything different. To be quite honest, I’m shocked that this thread is permitted at all considering recasts are frowned upon in the statue collecting community. Just because this recast is an attractive one doesn’t make it any different. The mear fact that this thread exists is pushing their “product”.

Hopefully people are smart with their money and know a scam when they see one.

Link to said reports? I'm already hovering at canceling at secret compass just that $250 NRD though...

that's a real shame. Considering this "company" hardly released anything before coming out with this, I thought ordering anything from them would've been too risky. I hope Shane gives your guys nrd back for this one.

So this thing turned out to be another scam? Well... I won't say I dodged a bullet because I didn't PO'd it but I used to have strong interest in it :huh. At least Prime1 will do one.

Unlicensed, yes. But there simply NO licensed product of this piece, so all the 1/4 Stan Winston Alien queen full body maquette out there are all unlicensed. It's just like those SWS JP dinosaur bust pieces out there before Chronicle had license.

Personally I'd choose it over than any other queen fullbody piece, it's from SWS and that means everything.

Apparently this company isn't scam if u live in Asia, so many Asian collector have received theirs and got no problem.

Link to said reports? I'm already hovering at canceling at secret compass just that $250 NRD though...

it was in the private fb groups. I believe Secret Compass is aware of the issue and those who ordered from them may be able to get their deposits back...but don't quote me on that.

The retailer I ordered mine from in the uk says their stock is currently in customs and they should have it arrive by the end of this week/early next week so some are getting out there. Mines on a payment plan though which doesn’t finish until the end of July. I’m tempted to pay it off early!

This piece is an unlicensed recast. I really don’t know why anyone expected anything different. To be quite honest, I’m shocked that this thread is permitted at all considering recasts are frowned upon in the statue collecting community. Just because this recast is an attractive one doesn’t make it any different. The mear fact that this thread exists is pushing their “product”.

Great post. :clap:goodpost:

What’s going on with this piece now? If Matrix screwed people, I really hope everyone gets their money back.

My wife just told me today that way back then she had to get PayPal involved in order to get my refund. Hopefully Matrix will deliver these to their buyers

"Maybe" PayPal will get you a refund... however, a refund from Matrix Studio... kiss that good-bye.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Xeno Junkie

I was really tempted to get this one, but wanted to wait for SS Queen, I don't have much space, and it will look good next to the Alien King... after the announcement and the price I wanted to go with Matrix, but I remembered all those negatives feedback from customers who ordered Dino months ago and nothing.

So would Concept Zones still be doing / putting it out or is the "Matrix" one canceled and they doing a "new" one?

Back