Matrix Studio 1/4 Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ordered from La cité des nuages in Belgium. They sent out an email:
"Concerning your order, for the article Matrix Studio Alien Queen 1/4 Scale Statue 107cm The full amount - Matrix Studio.
This product arrived in stock, but unfortunately, following the many defects in view of the fragility of the product.
We must cancel your order and refund your entire order.
Our apologies for this inconvenient."
(It also says on their webpage for the statue that everyone who pre-ordered will be refunded)
Refund, no NRD lost - so, that's nice.

I'm not impressed both feet aren't pegged to the base that's not good for stability

There is one peg in the right foot, but I agree, this thing is very unstable, just look at the end of the video, that transparent stand is worthless and doesn't stop it from leaning forward.. a huge construction error.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I had mine arrive yesterday, I’ve checked all the parts over but can’t assemble it yet due to the area I’m going to display it not being ready (and this is not a statue you put up and down on a whim!) The casting and paint are excellent, very happy with them. I can confirm both legs have metal pins so not sure why the back leg in that assembly video never had one, maybe it was a preproduction sample?. I’m still not a fan of the acrylic stand but I won’t be using that as I’m going to use a metal bar I plan to fit to the wall which will support the torso, and once I cover it with black felt it’ll be virtually invisible. Very glad I ordered though as it’s likely this will be the only chance to own a 1:4 alien queen cast from the original maquette. The wait will kill me though to see it assembled as looking at the individual parts it’s going to be beyond amazing when set up! Will look awesome displayed next to the hcg 1:4 powerloader.

I’ve got a picture of the box! Lol
until I get it set up didn’t see the point of taking any pics as there quite a few out there already of the parts and it assembled. Once my display area is done I’ll gladly post some pics of it next to the powerloader ( I can’t wait myself!)

Very glad I ordered though as it’s likely this will be the only chance to own a 1:4 alien queen cast from the original maquette..

It's NOT cast from the original 1/4 scale maquette. It's a casting from a recast. You can buy one on ebay.

Well it’s got a direct link to the original and the casting quality is excellent ( I owned the sideshow 1:4 Bust and this has lost no detail), and please stop with the whole recast thing it’s getting boring this statue was never available as a licensed piece, so if it’s a recast or not is irrelevant.

It's NOT cast from the original 1/4 scale maquette. It's a casting from a recast. You can buy one on ebay.

So which one is the one directly cast from the original SWS mold and where to buy?
Plus, how much would that cost?
And, even so, it's still an unlicenesed piece.
So unless one day coolprops or any other company who has the official license picks up this one, Matrix/or any other re-recast is the only way to go.

So which one is the one directly cast from the original SWS mold and where to buy?
Plus, how much would that cost?

More than one were cast directly from the SWS molds.There were about 4 or 5. You would have to ask the people that own them how much they paid. I only know for sure of the price that the Stan Winston, personally owned, maquette sold for. I've "heard" of one selling for $10,000 or $12,000 years ago.

And, even so, it's still an unlicenesed piece.

Unliscensed is completely different than something being cast from a copy of a copy. An original casting directly from the original molds is not a recast just because it wasn't licensed to be sold.

So unless one day coolprops or any other company who has the official license picks up this one, Matrix/or any other re-recast is the only way to go.

I was just pointing out that a recast, just like what the matrix studio was cast from, can be purchased on ebay for around the same price. Matrix studios unlicensed recast will not be the last of them to be available.

Unliscensed is completely different than something being cast from a copy of a copy. An original casting directly from the original molds is not a recast just because it wasn't licensed to be sold.

But both are illegal, the only time an issue arises is when the recast is of poor quality (either warped or if the details have gone soft) that’s not the case here so in this instance there is no difference.

I was just pointing out that a recast, just like what the matrix studio was cast from, can be purchased on ebay for around the same price. Matrix studios unlicensed recast will not be the last of them to be available.

And you know 100% that matrix got their cast from a recast or did they get hold of one of the original 5? I take it you know people that work at matrix to have such information, or is it just assumption?
Also could you provide a link of a 1:4 alien queen for sale finished to this standard (with base) for the same price? (Around $2k)

More than one were cast directly from the SWS molds.There were about 4 or 5. You would have to ask the people that own them how much they paid. I only know for sure of the price that the Stan Winston, personally owned, maquette sold for. I've "heard" of one selling for $10,000 or $12,000 years ago.

It seems all these information is so vague, and requires a lot of energy to dig into.
Where to find those 4,or 5 collectors? Is it 4,or 5? Can they really show any solid evidence that their pieces were really cast direct from SWS 80's mold?
As to the recast, first I highly doubt that we still have those original mold from 80's available to be used again. So it's very likely which ever company even though they have right to produce this maquette, will have to use recasts to make a mold from scratch, just like Chronicle collectible, all of their SWS JP stuffs are recasts, none of them was made directly from SWS mold, they're all re-recasts.

Unlicensed, recast or whatever, if I had the room for this I would have ordered day one. Lol

But both are illegal, the only time an issue arises is when the recast is of poor quality (either warped or if the details have gone soft) that’s not the case here so in this instance there is no difference.

You can re-tool detail to a certain extent.

Back