Matrix Studio 1/4 Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more pics...
714222f3d7ca7bcb8df172a3b5096b63f724a804.jpg
da7fe695d143ad4be0dbf34c89025aafa50f0614.jpg
da7fe695d143ad4be0d7f34c89025aafa50f0608.jpg
7bbcd936afc37931349333a5e0c4b74542a9110a.jpg
5243f7f9d72a6059b0e454962334349b023bba16.jpg
9467fa0735fae6cd53451eed04b30f2443a70f10.jpg

Last thing mentioned on that thread was about how could the forum support a recast so my guess is that maybe it was taken down.

That's a shame, because someone posted important information regarding the supporting rod, there seems to be an construction error and the rod doesn't stop the Queen from leaning end eventually falling.. I believe some collectors allready have damage on their Alien Queen.

And now Matrix Studio is telling that they don't have any customer service (see my previous post).

That's a shame, because someone posted important information regarding the supporting rod, there seems to be an construction error and the rod doesn't stop the Queen from leaning end eventually falling.. I believe some collectors allready have damage on their Alien Queen.

And now Matrix Studio is telling that they don't have any customer service (see my previous post).

Wow that sucks. Will wait to see if Prime 1 tackles this.

View attachment 382854 I bought this 1/4 alien queen as a white resin kit off ebay about 6 years ago. The guy I bought it from claimed it was made from the original mould. In ten years he has only sold two of these on ebay. Does anyone know more about this piece?

There were few original 1:4 pieces made by Stan Winston for the 1986 Aliens filming. Sideshow Collectibles later used that same piece to produce a 1:4 scale bust. Since then there have been many castings of both the original 1:4 scale full body piece as well as Sideshow’s rendition in bust form.
This Matrix Studio piece is ALSO an unlicensed recast but for some reason people on this forum and statue forum look past that fact because it’s an attractive recast. Sigh...
And there ya have it.

As I said before, I really don’t care if this product is unlicensed. I have a LOT of Chicago Bears and Harley Davidson things in my house and in my garage and I would be willing to bet that at least 75% of those items are unlicensed so it would be extremely hypocritical of me to talk down this statue on that alone.
So you all had better check all your t-shirts and hats etc. to make sure they are all licensed as well.

And no, I did NOT order this so I’m not defending the piece because I bought one.

And one more point, I guess this would have been ok if they called it a fan made “prop” and sold it? Because I see an aweful lot of that going on in the Star Wars world and nobody says squat. Lol

And one more point, I guess this would have been ok if they called it a fan made “prop” and sold it? Because I see an aweful lot of that going on in the Star Wars world and nobody says squat. Lol

Star Wars and props are a long story :p

People "claim" a lot of crap. I don't like the way it's painted. The lean is terrible. This made of resin? It should be made out of hollow fiberglass.

Matrix Studios has been a bit dishonest, and very bad in communications with everyone. We have a list of people who are upset, and some that have received damaged goods with no responses from Matrix Studios. There are only a few that have received these pieces in Asia, Australia or Europe. They recently allowed a fellow collector to respond to everyone’s questions on their site as customer service rep in trade for the Queen and Dino, at no charge. However, he is no longer part of their team so you won’t hear from them anymore via FB messenger or other means unless they decide to post publically some more supposedly “almost finished pics” and posts. As of right now, they have promised that the Queen would ship out soon once again like they have for the past 9 months, and yet further delays.

If it’s not one thing, it’s the other. The Chinese New Year just took place so I believe they were out of working for nearly a whole month.
I ordered my piece back last July (2017), via Secret Compass, and still waiting with no communications by Matrix Studios. At this point, I decided on purchasing an Alien Queen 1/4 from a respectable collector who bought one of those few original mold kits back when they were sold, and painted. I might as well pay a bit more, but know what I’m getting into. At the end of the day, I can gladly say that it was not casted by a finished product nor unlicensed.

Last edited:
Yea...I been thinking of canceling. Just havent heard much and dont need the eventual bill looming.

I also ordered the Alien Queen at Secret Compass back in july 2017 and paid for shipping end of januari this year.. I'm also thinking about cancelling my order.

Considering the monumental delays on this piece and questionable quality among other things, will Secret Compass refund the $250 NRD?

Matrix Studios has been a bit dishonest, and very bad in communications with everyone. We have a list of people who are upset, and some that have received damaged goods with no responses from Matrix Studios. There are only a few that have received these pieces in Asia, Australia or Europe. They recently allowed a fellow collector to respond to everyone’s questions on their site as customer service rep in trade for the Queen and Dino, at no charge. However, he is no longer part of their team so you won’t hear from them anymore via FB messenger or other means unless they decide to post publically some more supposedly “almost finished pics” and posts. As of right now, they have promised that the Queen would ship out soon once again like they have for the past 9 months, and yet further delays.

If it’s not one thing, it’s the other. The Chinese New Year just took place so I believe they were out of working for nearly a whole month.
I ordered my piece back last July (2017), via Secret Compass, and still waiting with no communications by Matrix Studios. At this point, I decided on purchasing an Alien Queen 1/4 from a respectable collector who bought one of those few original mold kits back when they were sold, and painted. I might as well pay a bit more, but know what I’m getting into. At the end of the day, I can gladly say that it was not casted by a finished product nor unlicensed.

To who (the respectable collector) are you buying your 1/4 alien Queen from then?

Considering the monumental delays on this piece and questionable quality among other things, will Secret Compass refund the $250 NRD?

I don't know, maybe he allows you to put that money in a new pre-order.. I'm also interested in the Prime-1 Dog Alien maquette so I probably ask him to do that..

Back