Matrix Studio 1/4 Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here again is what appears to be the formerly known as 'Matrix Studio's' 1/4 scale Queen being sold. Now under the name Concept Zones x King Kong Studio and now all of the sudden licensed by 20th Century Fox (2018),at least according to the "pics".

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Concept-Zones-x-King-Kong-1-4-Scale-Aliens-Queen-Collectible-Statue/283019863051?hash=item41e54c640b:g:G0YAAOSw2j9bLMnQ

This one linked below isn't the one that pops up for around $1400.I'll get a link to that one when it goes back up for sale again.
These have also been for sale for years. Although at a ridiculously higher price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Queen-Alien-Maquette-Winston-Studios-Custom-Diorama-Light-up-Nt-Sideshow-Statue/151045426579?hash=item232b024d93:g:eek:EUAAOxyPepRkoXY

There a place / article I can read up on Matrix shutting down and reopening as Concept Zones (which is offering now the same piece)?

People who got scammed by Matrix were all pissed off on their facebook page when it was still alive. People discovered their moves when changing their name into Concept Zone. Some commented very badly against that and some people got banned. Then the Matrix Page closed and they evaporated into this "new" company...
It's still the same product ran by the same company.

So some people got this and some isn't?

Not gonna lie, I might get it IF it's displaying right before my eyes and has nice supporting rod to supports its weight.
But for PO? No. Just no. Especially when they're "Concept Zones" now...

Finally got this on display! Took forever to get my display area done but it’s finally ready. It was my first attempt at putting it together and I was expecting it to be a nightmare but it actually went together very easily, everything fit pretty much perfect and it’s a lot more sturdy than that initial video of an unboxing made it look. It quite happily stands by itself without the acrylic post, but just for extra security and peace of mind I’ve inserted a metal rod into the wall that takes the weight of the upper body and it hardly noticeable on display (unlike the acrylic stand which looks horrible). Casting and paint quality are excellent imo it really is a true showstopper.
Here’s a few pics as usual the pictures don’t convey anywhere near the huge presence it has in person.

Ayi0dWC.jpg

IrapQtZ.jpg

toezO0H.jpg

RJkRwlw.jpg

uDhOvjt.jpg

50G6Wss.jpg

gsj6UqN.jpg

PRs0Aur.jpg

C5yi6C0.jpg

Finally got this on display! Took forever to get my display area done but it’s finally ready. It was my first attempt at putting it together and I was expecting it to be a nightmare but it actually went together very easily, everything fit pretty much perfect and it’s a lot more sturdy than that initial video of an unboxing made it look. It quite happily stands by itself without the acrylic post, but just for extra security and peace of mind I’ve inserted a metal rod into the wall that takes the weight of the upper body and it hardly noticeable on display (unlike the acrylic stand which looks horrible). Casting and paint quality are excellent imo it really is a true showstopper.
Here’s a few pics as usual the pictures don’t convey anywhere near the huge presence it has in person.

" [FONT=&quot]This piece is an unlicensed recast. I really don’t know why anyone expected anything different. To be quite honest, I’m shocked that this thread is permitted at all considering recasts are frowned upon in the statue collecting community. Just because this recast is an attractive one doesn’t make it any different. The mere fact that this thread exists is pushing their “product”."

[/FONT]The Matrix Studio is maybe a 8th generation "re-cast". Her head positioning is truly awful. The plaint blows rancid, fetid chunks.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Here we go again, this has been covered already! at worst it’s unlicensed, this statue was never released or licensed officially by anyone and 8th generation recast? Lol! Where did you pull that number from? They must have used some magic molds to retain all that detail.
Head position is fine, and paint is excellent.

Until some company who got right to mass produce this piece, then we can come back to question all those 'recast' or 'unlicensed' issues.
And even tho, those company won't be using the original mold from 80's, I doubt those original Winston molds still exist anyway. They may even have to buy the Matrix one to make a new '9th' generation mold.
Someone please show me a few images of those queen statues which made out of original mold? And the evidence those were indeed made out of original mold?

Someone please show me a few images of those queen statues which made out of original mold? And the evidence those were indeed made out of original mold?

Newborn had already posted a picture of one that was cast from the original molds and it was even painted by SWS studio staff at the time. It was posted on the first page.

The originals had solid cast bodies. The numerous re-casts had hollow cast bodies to reduce weight and to also reduce strain on the legs.

Whether or not 'current' re-casts are being made with solid cast bodies is anyone's guess.

Newborn had already posted a picture of one that was cast from the original molds and it was even painted by SWS studio staff at the time. It was posted on the first page.
The originals had solid cast bodies. The numerous re-casts had hollow cast bodies to reduce weight and to also reduce strain on the legs.
Whether or not 'current' re-casts are being made with solid cast bodies is anyone's guess.

Made out of the original mold? Painted by SW staff? Might be.
But it is still not a good cast I guess, lost a lot details and not even as sharp as Matrix's.

AAA.jpg
BBB.jpg

Made out of the original mold? Painted by SW staff? Might be.
But it is still not a good cast I guess, lost a lot details and not even as sharp as Matrix's.

View attachment 439635
View attachment 439636

I guess "Denial ain't just a river in Eygpt" then.:slap

These SWS castings were made after the production pieces were made. Each time you cast another piece from the molds,the molds become more worn and damaged. How many production pieces were made before this piece was cast from the original molds? What was the expected lifespan of the material used to make the original molds? Were the molds re-tooled/cleaned up prior to casting this piece?

Are the casting differences on the Matrix piece a result of re-tooling or clean up of a casting they made?

Matrix studios did not use the original SWS molds,period! They made a casting from a re-cast and then created a re-tooled/cleaned up new mold to cast these unlicensed statues.

darkdummy you can’t win that argument here. I own countless “unlicensed” items from Harley stuff to Bears stuff to I’m sure Star Wars stuff, and if I had the room for this statue Alien stuff too. Lol

Well, so all in all, they both are unlicensed piece and Matrix has better details...
Whatever.

Except that one was cast from the original SWS molds and painted by SWS staff in the correct color scheme, while the other wasn't.:wink1:

Plus the company is so shady that they had to change their name.

Except that one was cast from the original SWS molds and painted by SWS staff in the correct color scheme, while the other wasn't.:wink1:

Plus the company is so shady that they had to change their name.

Still in hand product Matrix has better/sharper sculpting details than 'cast from original molds' version.
And I always choose better sculpt than better paint scheme.

Back