MATRIX related... need help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually a Hot Toys produced figure.

Oh. Well there you go, you can tell I haven't checked my own figure in quite a while. :lol No wonder I couldn't find pictures.

Here's the busts if you care, Josh. I still like the Neo head.

ggs1matrixtitle.jpg

Oh. Well there you go, you can tell I haven't checked my own figure in quite a while. :lol No wonder I couldn't find pictures.

Here's the busts if you care, Josh. I still like the Neo head.

ggs1matrixtitle.jpg
I haven't seen mine in years either, mostly because I didn't like the likeness, base body, glasses and weapons. I do have a body and weapons I could replace them with, I just never got around to it. But I still need to buy a Neo bust to replace that head.
I don't think Medicom ever made a version of Neo from Matrix 1, just the Matrix 2 versions real world and matrix world versions.

Yep thats the Hot Toys Famous Type figure of Neo... I think it was called the "Gunner" figure. Thats the one I have, its not that bad of a figure... but the issues screamingmetal made are accurate.

Just a suggestion DA, but you can get 1/6 sunglasses packs off e-bay for fairly cheap. i'd sugest talking a look and seeing if you can find neo's glasses, or a close aproxamation that way :)

Yep thats the Hot Toys Famous Type figure of Neo... I think it was called the "Gunner" figure. Thats the one I have, its not that bad of a figure... but the issues screamingmetal made are accurate.

Yeah, I made a big boo-boo calling it Medicom RAH... my bad. I completely forgot about that whole "Famous Type" line.

Anyway, that's the figure I have. It was good back in the day, wire in the coat and all that...but it doesn't stand up to today's standards. Needs a new head, new glasses, new body, even new holsters wouldn't be bad...the base clothing is still good though. Like I said, I'm still hoping that one day soon someone will get the license and make some awesome and accurate 1/6th figures on the level we like today.

Not sure a repaint could improve the GG head - it's already pretty good.

The price of Medi Neo on eBay has dropped of late - to just over $100.

Reminds me, I need to start a Hot Toys Matrix petition!

I would love to see Hot Toys take a real crack at the Matrix... I think they could knock out some great figures.

I also have the GG Matrix mini-busts for sale - Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith....I was going to try and sell them as a lot, but I'd break them up if you wanted Neo. It could be yours for $20 shipped. :)

I also have the GG Matrix mini-busts for sale - Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith....I was going to try and sell them as a lot, but I'd break them up if you wanted Neo. It could be yours for $20 shipped. :)

I might be down for them... maybe even the lot actually. :lol I am thinking of possibly doing a Morpheus and Trinity if I can... Do you or anyone have any pics? :D

Hey DA! I'm working on a Neo too. I've got a Dragon body and the Triad outfit, and ordered a headsculpt from Reggie over at the OSW. I don't know if you know him or his work, but his sculpt of Neo is pretty good.
Check it out, maybe it's what you're looking for. In the unpainted version, you can really see the resemblance, I think....

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71070

Hey DA! I'm working on a Neo too. I've got a Dragon body and the Triad outfit, and ordered a headsculpt from Reggie over at the OSW. I don't know if you know him or his work, but his sculpt of Neo is pretty good.
Check it out, maybe it's what you're looking for. In the unpainted version, you can really see the resemblance, I think....

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71070

Wow.... that is an amazing sculpt. I would buy one immediately! I'm not too familiar with his work but damn that is nice work. I have to have one of those. I hope he still has some available. :rock

Thanks man!

Wow.... that is an amazing sculpt. I would buy one immediately! I'm not too familiar with his work but damn that is nice work. I have to have one of those. I hope he still has some available. :rock

Thanks man!

No problem, buddy!
I think he still has some. He sculpted (and casted I think) it himself, so if not, he could always make more, I guess. He's a real nice guy.
I hope you get one, and can't wait to see how you'll finish this Neo!

Just another option- Dragon came out with a modern US Army MOPP figure (in 3-color camo) named "Jason" which bears an uncanny resemblance to Keanu Reeves. Pop on some 3rd party 1/6th scaled glasses and it will look good.

No problem, buddy!
I think he still has some. He sculpted (and casted I think) it himself, so if not, he could always make more, I guess. He's a real nice guy.
I hope you get one, and can't wait to see how you'll finish this Neo!

What would be the best way to get inquire on this? I don't post at OSW a lot, so I hate to cold email....

I wouldn't worry about sending Reggie a PM - he's pretty damn cool. I got one of his Judge Dredd sculpts a little while back and its a nice piece. I have had my eye on the Neo sculpt too.

Back