Masters Of The Universe & Mattel Brand Based Video Games Coming From THQ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
It'll be awesome to get to play a MotU game and kick some ass as He-Man! :rock

https://enewsi.com/games/index.php?catid=1&itemid=30569

Masters Of The Universe & Other Mattel Brand Based Video Games Coming From THQ
Reported by Jay Cochran - 05:34:43 January 05, 2011

Based on this latest press release from Mattel and THQ, Masters of the Universe fans may have something to look forward to on the video game front in the coming year. Read on for details:

THQ Inc. will open the vast toy chest of Mattel, Inc., to develop and publish video games under a new, multi-year alliance that both companies announced today.

“Mattel is synonymous with play and as such we continually seek creative opportunities to generate new ways to play with our brands”

Extending deep into Mattel’s broad portfolio of popular brands, the agreement with Mattel builds on THQ’s strength in kids and family games. Partnering with Mattel, the global leader with the most recognized brands in the toy industry, THQ plans to produce and distribute video games based on Barbie, Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price. The companies will also collaborate to expand the video game and interactive potential of newer properties such as Monster High and longtime Mattel favorites such as Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots, Masters of the Universe, Polly Pocket and others...

If done right, it could be very cool. I want to ride Battle Cat and smash Stinkor with a giant boulder. :rock

They should have let the team who worked on GoW handle MotU. Just imagine....

I'd like to see a free-roaming MOTU game. I can just imagine having all of Eternia to run around in. If they could do that and give it GOW style combat gameplay I'd be in heaven.

i hate to be debby downer, but i'd like to point out that it doesn't actually SAY a MOTU game is coming, just that THQ got the rights to it, and every other mattel original toy brand in one great big package deal.

it is, however, a good possibility.

Cool!! I will buy this for sure. He-Man is my #1 cartoon of all time. So lets do this.

i hate to be debby downer, but i'd like to point out that it doesn't actually SAY a MOTU game is coming, just that THQ got the rights to it, and every other mattel original toy brand in one great big package deal.
it is, however, a good possibility.

I agree, And this is not the first time a MOTU was announced and never got published ...one was actually being made for Xbox and ps2 a few years ago and they pulled it due to lack of intrest....so as much as I would love one to be made, I will just wait and see.

link to old game that never made it.
https://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/hemandefenderofgskull/index.html

I'm hoping this MOTU game is coming out for the Wii...

They should have let the team who worked on GoW handle MotU. Just imagine....
He-Man in a Gears of War-type game? Doesn't seem to fit very well to me. Not sure the Arkham Asylum suggestion makes much more sense, since He-Man would not do the kinds of things that Batman would. But, I guess it would be better to have a game with He-Man that is nothing like the original cartoon than a completely new game that was horrible to play.

Why not give He-Man a shaky, gritty camera that follows him closely as he stomps the heads of his nemeses in an explosion of blood? Or give him the ability to shoot his "Adam's-Grapple" gun to the ceiling, where he would hang upside down, waiting to swoop down and hang his enemies by their feet?

Back