Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant the filmation versions. I actually prefer them to the regular releases.

S7 stated they wont rerelease them anytime soon as they dont have access to Mattel molds. They gotta build up their own library of molds now.

Pretty sure the line won't last much longer...
Unfortunately this new model along with S7's limitations cannot be sustainable, particularly Classics, which is doing obscure characters... Maybe Filmation would have a shot but without He-Man and Skeletor, it's a bit pointless for getting more people on board.
Such a bummer as I was expecting this would work and eventually WB would rethink their stance on ThunderCats

Pretty sure the line won't last much longer...
Unfortunately this new model along with S7's limitations cannot be sustainable, particularly Classics, which is doing obscure characters... Maybe Filmation would have a shot but without He-Man and Skeletor, it's a bit pointless for getting more people on board.
Such a bummer as I was expecting this would work and eventually WB would rethink their stance on ThunderCats

Why can't they just reissue He-man and Skeletor every so often? Just change the color on the package to make collectors happy?

S7 stated they wont rerelease them anytime soon as they dont have access to Mattel molds. They gotta build up their own library of molds now.

Why? What kind of deal did they make with Mattel?

Why can't they just reissue He-man and Skeletor every so often? Just change the color on the package to make collectors happy?

Why? What kind of deal did they make with Mattel?

Dont know but from what they said S7 used Mattel molds and a Mattel factory to rerelease the Ultimates but has since moved to a new factory for the current figures. Mattel's molds, of course, stayed at the Mattel factory which is why they cant rerelease old releases unless they retool. I also dont think MOTUC will last very long with S7 as many are unhappy with how the figures are turning out. Im fine as Mattel basically completed the classic characters and S7 is at least releasing Filmation Sorceress and Mer Man next wave. If it ends after no big deal IMO.

Dont know but from what they said S7 used Mattel molds and a Mattel factory to rerelease the Ultimates but has since moved to a new factory for the current figures. Mattel's molds, of course, stayed at the Mattel factory which is why they cant rerelease old releases unless they retool. I also dont think MOTUC will last very long with S7 as many are unhappy with how the figures are turning out. Im fine as Mattel basically completed the classic characters and S7 is at least releasing Filmation Sorceress and Mer Man next wave. If it ends after no big deal IMO.

I thought the ultimates releases were awesome, but from what you've said, no more ultimates. I am loving the Filmation animation based line myself

Just saw the final boxed figures of super7's MOTUC and Filmation and can say that Mattel's was much better. Super7's female figures suffer the most with the thigh, torso and waist looking all wrong. Was so excited to get these before but now...

maitres-de-l-univers-motu-classics---hawke---delora-p-image-358862-grande.jpg

maitres-de-l-univers-motu-classics---teela--filmation--p-image-358846-grande.jpg

Last edited:
Neither of these two figures will make it into my collection. Both are objectively ugly figures. There's just no rescuing that Teela.

They should have waited to get them right and just delayed things further.

MAA and Hordak look good though.

Teela looks good to me and I can’t wait to have a more accurate Filmation Teela on my shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teela looks good to me and I can’t wait to have a more accurate Filmation Teela on my shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^ this I do wish tri-klops armor was the darker green though. Wait to see how it looks in hand

^^^^ this I do wish tri-klops armor was the darker green though. Wait to see how it looks in hand

Same. That honestly bothers me more than just about any flaw on a figure over the past couple of years. But I think it’ll be really easy to paint since there aren’t any joints that will need to be painted.

One can only wish they were bootlegs. Sadly they are not. We ain't getting a proper Filmation Teela. I was never a big Hawke fan but for those that are I feel bad. My wallet feels bad as I will not be displaying either of these figures.

Super 7 would have been far better off they delaying the two females to get the them right. I know I would have waited.

Odd how they haven't made a statement yet either like Mattel used to do. I don't think silence helps matters.

Back