Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One can only wish they were bootlegs. Sadly they are not. We ain't getting a proper Filmation Teela. I was never a big Hawke fan but for those that are I feel bad. My wallet feels bad as I will not be displaying either of these figures.

Super 7 would have been far better off they delaying the two females to get the them right. I know I would have waited.

Odd how they haven't made a statement yet either like Mattel used to do. I don't think silence helps matters.

What do you want them to say? "This is your Teela" like Toyguru?

Teela doesn't look that bad in the group photos above. I am waiting for in hand and comparing myself to the rest of my collection before grabbing my pitchfork after super 7.

What do you want them to say? "This is your Teela" like Toyguru?

Teela doesn't look that bad in the group photos above. I am waiting for in hand and comparing myself to the rest of my collection before grabbing my pitchfork after super 7.

They tell us what happened and give some sort of apology as we were shown videos of the factory that told us the hips would be fixed. We paid in advance for these after all and we ain't getting what was advertised.

If you like Teela that's great. I think she's objectively terrible. I think quality is meant up after a decade not down. Even 'not that bad' is hardly good thing is it?

Nobody is getting out the pitch forks but folks are annoyed and they have every right to be. This is Teela after all. She's a massive character to screw up on with the first release.

They tell us what happened and give some sort of apology as we were shown videos of the factory that told us the hips would be fixed. We paid in advance for these after all and we ain't getting what was advertised.

If you like Teela that's great. I think she's objectively terrible. I think quality is meant up after a decade not down. Even 'not that bad' is hardly good thing is it?

Nobody is getting out the pitch forks but folks are annoyed and they have every right to be. This is Teela after all. She's a massive character to screw up on with the first release.

I will find out if I like Teela or not when I get her in hand. The world knows you hate this Teela Eamon, it's no secret :lol

Expecting an apology isn't gonna happen when Super 7 thinks they've done right for these figures. The only answer is to stop buying them and then the line goes away, But I am pretty sure that the majority will keep buying them regardless of the few shouting out over and over on chat forums.

I will find out if I like Teela or not when I get her in hand. The world knows you hate this Teela Eamon, it's no secret :lol

Those hips aren't going to magically pop in, her shins aren't suddenly going to get longer and her waist will not reshape itself, but stranger things have happened I guess. :)

One more thing I noticed about S7's Teela, the front armor or whatever you call it, is all in one mold? Also is there no waist articulation like Mattel's filmation Evil-lyn?

One more thing I noticed about S7's Teela, the front armor or whatever you call it, is all in one mold? Also is there no waist articulation like Mattel's filmation Evil-lyn?

Yeah I noticed that but original Teela is like that too. I'm curious to see how folks will react to the new torso on Triklops as to me it looks too tall.

I wonder if we could combine the S7 Teela with the Talon Fighter Teela? It was just the head that was bit crappy as far as I can remember.

*sigh*
Just got my figures today...
I have mixed feelings but quite a bit of disappointment unfortunately.

Sculpts overall are great, my favorites are Fangor and MAA, but the quality overall is terrible... the plastics used feel supercheap and make certain parts of the figures like knockoffs... not sure if it’s because of this but they also feel lighter in general
Paint apps are hit or miss as well...
It’s a bummer, though I’m happy to see these character in figure form there’s lots of issues ranging from molding, materials, joints, paint, etc.

But, can’t deny they look great on my shelf!

aca3a70553d40b3e833ec31b38390c92.jpg

7bd9a348337da0b557afe11e0e6be25e.jpg

804f40c9c167c8aa5ae17a61a9275f1e.jpg

623b8589f227d001387611020243240a.jpg

75d44db8616454d1f153c526d5850efb.jpg

360cda1060c259d151751ca9c892842a.jpg

41f8723d8d6facb8ed72eda3a5d7f941.jpg

83507f54d89c849daf1b902be527f5f1.jpg

1eddcf32a582f607e9a9c25abf3f45d5.jpg

eaa228d0a5b2993490a41fffe1270062.jpg
45873f09fcf7b5369e0d84a7f903e535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get the PowerCon exclusives? I just wondered if the plastics/paints seemed like a step-up, worse, or about the same?

I did not... but read about them... in guessing it’s a similar issue...
I mean, figures look good from afar, but once you handle them you can see the issues...

*sigh*
Just got my figures today...
I have mixed feelings but quite a bit of disappointment unfortunately.

Sculpts overall are great, my favorites are Fangor and MAA, but the quality overall is terrible... the plastics used feel supercheap and make certain parts of the figures like knockoffs... not sure if it’s because of this but they also feel lighter in general
Paint apps are hit or miss as well...
It’s a bummer, though I’m happy to see these character in figure form there’s lots of issues ranging from molding, materials, joints, paint, etc.

But, can’t deny they look great on my shelf!

aca3a70553d40b3e833ec31b38390c92.jpg

7bd9a348337da0b557afe11e0e6be25e.jpg

804f40c9c167c8aa5ae17a61a9275f1e.jpg

623b8589f227d001387611020243240a.jpg

75d44db8616454d1f153c526d5850efb.jpg

360cda1060c259d151751ca9c892842a.jpg

41f8723d8d6facb8ed72eda3a5d7f941.jpg

83507f54d89c849daf1b902be527f5f1.jpg

1eddcf32a582f607e9a9c25abf3f45d5.jpg

eaa228d0a5b2993490a41fffe1270062.jpg
45873f09fcf7b5369e0d84a7f903e535.jpg

Thank you for sharing the pics. The sculpts look really good to me, but just going by your photos, it looks like the issues with the hips has indeed persisted. In Pixel Dan’s walkthrough video with Brian Flynn, he asked him specifically about the hip issues with the first wave of figures. Flynn said that although they did away with the longer pins in the hips that were making them look too far apart, their factory or factories were not consistent in using the same size pins to replace the ones that were too long. Some of the pins he described as short and some he described as medium size, and apparently some of each made it out of the factories. Hopefully that is not an issue that they let happen again.

I was kinda bummed I missed out on the first offerings from Super 7 like Ram Man, Faker and this wave with Teela. I was going to order the ones currently on pre-order, but after missing so many, I was reluctant. Now, I'm thinking I'm happy with all the old ones I already have from Mattel.

Kuzeh, is the torso the same colour as the legs? and are the connector pegs also a different colour? I just saw a pic Facebook that shows this.

Torsos are the same color, but legs look a little glossier than torsos.

Connector pegs are same color nothing weird there

Teela’s hips are extra wide though, and tried to heat TriKlops visor and it won’t budge... I also tried to use an exacto knife to cut any glue but didn’t work either...

Teela’s hips are extra wide though, and tried to heat TriKlops visor and it won’t budge... I also tried to use an exacto knife to cut any glue but didn’t work either...

Hordak looks awesome. Did Fangor and Quake come with faction stickers on the front of the card bubble?

Nope, at least not mine...
But I’m sure you can use any of the extra labels Matty gave out throughout the years if you have one

I actually think I do have some Snake Men stickers around, somewhere, but it’s not a big deal either way. I was just curious.

oh ok. That's a relief.

Total bummer on Triklops vizor though. Actually, it's really weak sauce that it happened. It's his main feature.

Got my MOTU figures today. And... well, it's a bit of the best of times and the worst of times.

Overall: I'd say the Classics figures are great. They don't feel cheap to me at all. They feel exactly the same as before. They don't have the hard hands like the PowerCon releases, and some figures, like Quakke, have better paint than I think Mattel would have provided. His meteor is very cool. Love the paint details inside. Lodar looks awesome, and it's fun to re-create his mini-comic cover with the included accessory. Hawke is the weakest of the bunch. She has loose swivels in her ankles in the side to side articulation. THANKFULLY the other articulation is tight so it doesn't effect her ability to stand. But mine had the worst paint of the bunch, with a ghostly red patch on her upper thigh. Fangor is actually a really great design. Love his heads sculpt and the tools he comes with. Overall, I was very happy with these. Now as for the Filmation...
Masters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

They are a definite mixed bag. I think Tri-Klops looks awesome, bright green and all... but his visor doesn't move. EDIT: Okay, people are saying it WILL move if you heat it. So I'lll try that... END EDIT I don't... understand how that gets missed. Man-At_arms generally looks great, but the decision to mold his armor as part of the arm makes sense visually, but the arm joint is green instead of orange, which breaks up the look of the armor. Hordak is really nice, although his cannon arm seems duller than the blue on the rest of his body. The blue is nice and deep, and overall he's impressive. But then... Teela. Poor Teela. The face isn't as good as the proto, but I'd forgive that if her body wasn't so... WEIRD. She's way shorter than Evil-Lyn, and the screw up in her hip joints means she looks really ugly and inelegant. It's just a real shame since this is basically the second time we've gotten a Filmation Teela that's been messed up.

Last edited:
Back