Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that the other day. Pretty funny. What country is that from?

Side note: I've been watching the Filmation cartoon again for the first time since a kid, and more than halfway done with season 1 on Netflix. Sadly, no season 2

Eternia is the name of the planet, right? I swear some episodes are vague about other countries, and it seems like when they say eternia, they are referring to it as a country, and not the whole planet. Saw the episode where its run by women and men mine a type of ore for the force shield, clearly referring to countries rather than King Randor, as king of the whole planet.

There is the kingdom of Eternia which King Randor Rules and then there's the Planet Eternia where there are many kings but Randor is considered over all King. There are of course some who would not recognise him a their king. Filmation had many writers but it's mainly Paul Dini and J.Michael Straginski who write the episodes with continuity in mind. Other writers did not. It was a show designed ton be show at any time using any episode.

Has a preview been released?

Not yet. There is a screen grab out there and you can see other shows from the same studio that might give you some idea about what it looks like. It's going to be a very specif style.

oh and Tom Tartarnowitz, he's done the best ones like "Problem with Power" from season two. :)

Thanks for that.

Figuring out best way to get season 2 of the filmation series. Wonder if Netflix may get it down the road. Amazon (on digital) wants $30 for each of the three volumes that make up their season 2 listing, so $100. Gonna go online and see what I can find

So,
Still no shipping notices from Super 7... methinks the figures will be pushed back after the Chinese New Year...
Oh well...

Anybody watched the MOTU episode from "The Toys that Made Us" on Netflix?
Solid one, but I'm sure there's plenty of material for a feature long documentary!

So,
Still no shipping notices from Super 7... methinks the figures will be pushed back after the Chinese New Year...
Oh well...

Solid one, but I'm sure there's plenty of material for a feature long documentary!

That episode on the He-man creators got me back into MOTU after many moons

There's a deleted scene with my friend Josh about Wonder Bread He-Man on the Power and Honor Foundation Facebook page.
There is also a feature MOTU doc on the works from the guys who did the TMNT Netflix documentary. I'll actually be in that one. :)

So,
Oh well...

It was fun! Neat to see so many familiar faces. With the one He-man toy movie apparently mired in some sort of inter-creative conflict, I think there's still one other doc out there being made.

It was fun! Neat to see so many familiar faces. With the one He-man toy movie apparently mired in some sort of inter-creative conflict, I think there's still one other doc out there being made.

When available, please let us know! I assume it'll be on He-man.org?

Almost done re-watching the first 65 episodes of He-man on Netflix. Did find some older box sets for season 2 for not too expensive a price. Honestly, looking back, I'm amazed at how few random guys showed up in season 1. CLawful made a late stage appearance, but all these years later, it does not feel like one huge commercial for toys.

When available, please let us know! I assume it'll be on He-man.org?

There are two docs. One is already made and has been for a few years now but not made public. It mostly focuses on "who created He-Man" Sweet or Taylor. Another doc is still being made, by the same guys who the TMNT one that's currently on there and will be on Netflix. It will be advertised I am sure on the he-manworld.com, hm.org or the fwoosh I would think.

When available, please let us know! I assume it'll be on He-man.org?Almost done re-watching the first 65 episodes of He-man on Netflix. Did find some older box sets for season 2 for not too expensive a price. Honestly, looking back, I'm amazed at how few random guys showed up in season 1. CLawful made a late stage appearance, but all these years later, it does not feel like one huge commercial for toys.

Yeah many critics say that the show was nothing more than an advert for toys and it's just wrong to says that. Lou Schiemer didn't care about selling toys and wanted to just create good stories. Mattel insisted he add more toys into the show but he only added a few things in season two. GI Joe is a tv show that is very much an advert for toys in my opinion.

There are two docs. One is already made and has been for a few years now but not made public. It mostly focuses on "who created He-Man" Sweet or Taylor. Another doc is still being made, by the same guys who the TMNT one that's currently on there and will be on Netflix. It will be advertised I am sure on the he-manworld.com, hm.org or the fwoosh I would think.

Yeah many critics say that the show was nothing more than an advert for toys and it's just wrong to says that. Lou Schiemer didn't care about selling toys and wanted to just create good stories. Mattel insisted he add more toys into the show but he only added a few things in season two. GI Joe is a tv show that is very much an advert for toys in my opinion.

Based on season one, I would agree. Given what they could and could not do, He-man was such a wholesome show. He was the biggest boy scout, but it really worked for the show and characters. I will say that based on how sexy they drew the ladies, that would probably cause parents to freak if done today. No wonder Teela was a teenager with a lot more clothing in the reboot

He-man 200x is a more complex show, but Orko bugged, and not having Cringer/Battle Cat talk was the wrong call, IMO

And I heard Mattel was the ones that cancelled a season 3 for the 200x version? If so, LAME. Wonder if they will give the netflix she-ra show a chance or will be just as quick if toy sales remain low or lower than they want

Last edited:

So is the doc that has not been made public forever shelved? Off limits indefinitely?

And I heard Mattel was the ones that cancelled a season 3 for the 200x version? If so, LAME. Wonder if they will give the netflix she-ra show a chance or will be just as quick if toy sales remain low or lower than they want

I love the 200x show and wish it would come on Netflix she the world can see another maybe better version of MOTU.

Yes Mattel cancelled season 3 which was going to heavily feature the Horde who end up conquering Eternia the heroic warriors are forced under ground. Some talks of introducing She-Ra too.
Mattel thought its was a good idea to make a lot of really stupid variants of He-Man and Skeletor, most notibley Spin Blade He-Man and Smash Blade skeletor. These two figures were over produced in case assortments, at the expense of other characters and toy stores could not sell them. When toys stores see a lot of MOTU peg warmers, they will not order in any more.
Admittingly 200x was a very expensive show to make but I always felt if Mattel just held out a bit longer and allowed the world to see the new show (cartoon network messed about with schedule), it would have done better.

So is the doc that has not been made public forever shelved? Off limits indefinitely?

Toy Masters? I think they are still trying to find a distributor but I am honestly not sure.

Have folks seen the final figures from Super 7? Was curious to see what your thoughts are?

I think there is a over-exaggeration about them,but I understand the knit picks.... like- Tri-klops green color

I'll wait till I get them in-hand. I personally want super 7 to finish the Filmation line

26992742_552828018388482_6988570685081529034_n.jpg

To be honest, the colours on Tri Klops don't bother me. His new torso which few have noticed, bothers me more, but I will bet will be a hot topic when they start to arrive on people hands and notice he's out of whack with the others.

Teela for me is a travesty. Her anatomy is terrible with that crazy waist and those stupid hips are not going to suddenly pop into her pelvis when in your hands. I'm not sure why people think they will look better in hand. It's not a Hot Toy. :D

I also have a lot of concern about the plastic quality on these as the Power Con figure were not nice at all.

Man-At-Arms and Hordak looks great though. Hips are still to wide but not much of an issue.

I wish Super7 would make re-releases of He-Man, Skeletor and Beastman for those who couldn't buy them first time around.

Back