Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of all three current levels I've completed on Castle Grayskull. It will be about 7 ft tall when I'm done.

d80264b55a9a445ddd188d1dc8b8c6e6.jpg

Wow, nobody posting about ToyFair releases?
Some cool stuff coming up!!

From the .org

Club Grayskull 2017 - Wave 1 (Filmation style)
• Hordak
• Teela
• Man-At-Arms
• Tri-Klops

Power-Con 2017 3-Pack A
• Stratos (minicomic)
• Trap Jaw (minicomic)
• Prince Adam (minicomic)

Power-Con 2017 3-Pack A
• Horroar
• Hot-Shot
• Lord Gr'Asp

super7-toyfair2017-clubgrayskull-hordak_full.jpg

super7-toyfair2017-clubgrayskull-teela_full.jpg

super7-toyfair2017-clubgrayskull-manatarms_full.jpg

super7-toyfair2017-clubgrayskull-triklops_full.jpg

super7-toyfair2017-motuc-powercon-set1_full.jpg

super7-toyfair2017-motuc-powercon-set2_full.jpg

Love the Filmation and MiniComics reveals, not too crazy about the POG 3-pack though...

Thoughts?

Will Super7 be re-releasing Filmation He-Man, Skeletor and Beast-Man? If not, I'm not even going to bother with the Filmation line.

Will Super7 be re-releasing Filmation He-Man, Skeletor and Beast-Man? If not, I'm not even going to bother with the Filmation line.

Agreed. Was looking for a He-Man today and only found one at like $250. Will def jump in on the Filmation line if they rerelease.

I cannot imagine they will get around to a re-release of Filmation He-Man for quite a while if at all. They subscription was well advertised.

I am very happy with everything, especially the PowerCon exclusives, well most of them. The colour on the Powers of Grayskull hodgepodge figures are really terrible in my opinion. MOTU has a colour palette and these colours do not at all fit into it, especially that Fisto dude. Just horrible colour choice. I am all for fans doing this stuff but folks need to know the brand better if they expect us to buy their ideas. The Stratos, Trap Jaw and Alcala Adam are great though. I do wish the Adam vest was comic accurate but that would involve more tooling and its no small feat that PowerCon got new tooling on Stratos and Trap Jaw, especially his head which is all new and costly.

I am especially excited about the vintage line continuing but looking at the She-Ra, I do wish there was more brand awareness or just know more about the product. I flippen love the Four Horsemen but somethings slip past them or they just get a thing wrong. Nobodies perfect though. :)

I cannot imagine they will get around to a re-release of Filmation He-Man for quite a while if at all. They subscription was well advertised.

I am very happy with everything, especially the PowerCon exclusives, well most of them. The colour on the Powers of Grayskull hodgepodge figures are really terrible in my opinion. MOTU has a colour palette and these colours do not at all fit into it, especially that Fisto dude. Just horrible colour choice. I am all for fans doing this stuff but folks need to know the brand better if they expect us to buy their ideas. The Stratos, Trap Jaw and Alcala Adam are great though. I do wish the Adam vest was comic accurate but that would involve more tooling and its no small feat that PowerCon got new tooling on Stratos and Trap Jaw, especially his head which is all new and costly.

I am especially excited about the vintage line continuing but looking at the She-Ra, I do wish there was more brand awareness or just know more about the product. I flippen love the Four Horsemen but somethings slip past them or they just get a thing wrong. Nobodies perfect though. :)

I'm not too crazy about these new characters, but weren't those drawn by Errol McCarthy? What do you mean by fans doing this?
Super 7 and 4H aren't Pros?

Didn't they say they'll be fixing She-Ra's skirt? Other than that, not sure what you mean about brand awareness? Even when it was an "organized brand" back in the 80's it was all over the place...

Really excited about the new Stratos, Trap Jaw and Adam in particular

Enjoying the exclusives, no interest in filmation. I thought I was out of the line but may have to stick with never before released characters.

I'm not too crazy about these new characters, but weren't those drawn by Errol McCarthy? What do you mean by fans doing this?
Super 7 and 4H aren't Pros?

Didn't they say they'll be fixing She-Ra's skirt? Other than that, not sure what you mean about brand awareness? Even when it was an "organized brand" back in the 80's it was all over the place...

The new figures what were Powers of Grayskull line are based on black and white line drawings by Errol Mcarthy as discovered by the Power & Honor Foundation. They had no colours and the folks at PowerCon decided to do these in these colours. MOTU has a kind of colour palette and these colours are not in it and are at odds with the rest of the line. Better brand awareness could have avoided this.
The 4Horsemen are pros but they are not infallible. Things like the scope on Sourod's gun and the incorrect colours on Hydron illustrate this. Some of us are just that bit more geeky about this stuff is all and this is in no way questioning the genius of the 4HM.

If you are working on a brand you must know everything about it. On the She-Ra figure, she is given a leaf motif. Well the leave motif is very specific to Teela. She-Ra uses feather motifs. I am not sure what the thinking was behind giving her Teela leave cuffs either. Somebody forgot all about the Sorceress vintage figure which did not follow in any way the design of Teela and Evil Lyn. The skirt is very embarrassing and it should be soft goods anyways as Mattel started doing that around the time Ninjor came out who had soft goods.
I hope that clarifyies what I mean by brand awareness.

Were these guys going to be Powers of Grayskull (I'm having trouble finding the art P&H revealed again)? I think the colors look good for the characters on the right and left. Especially the crocodile guy. I think the green and orange is a unique look. The one that feels strange for me is the middle guy. EXCEPT, if it's Powers of Grayskull and he's from the past and the He-Ro era, I can see it more. If he's next to He-Ro. In a weird way, it's like a transition from MOTUC to NA and that color palette. Hmmm.

I would love to get both sets, but I fear the price on these. I can't go to PowerCon this year so I'll be at the mercy of whatever it costs to get if you're not going.

The new figures what were Powers of Grayskull line are based on black and white line drawings by Errol Mcarthy as discovered by the Power & Honor Foundation. They had no colours and the folks at PowerCon decided to do these in these colours. MOTU has a kind of colour palette and these colours are not in it and are at odds with the rest of the line. Better brand awareness could have avoided this.
The 4Horsemen are pros but they are not infallible. Things like the scope on Sourod's gun and the incorrect colours on Hydron illustrate this. Some of us are just that bit more geeky about this stuff is all and this is in no way questioning the genius of the 4HM.

If you are working on a brand you must know everything about it. On the She-Ra figure, she is given a leaf motif. Well the leave motif is very specific to Teela. She-Ra uses feather motifs. I am not sure what the thinking was behind giving her Teela leave cuffs either. Somebody forgot all about the Sorceress vintage figure which did not follow in any way the design of Teela and Evil Lyn. The skirt is very embarrassing and it should be soft goods anyways as Mattel started doing that around the time Ninjor came out who had soft goods.
I hope that clarifyies what I mean by brand awareness.

The skirt issue has already been addressed

Again, as I mentioned earlier, the brand "style" was all over the place even back in the day so I'm still not sure what you mean by brand awareness.
I don't like these figures personally but they definitely have the MOTU style.

I mean, even in the 80's the Comics, Mini-Comics, books, cartoon and toys were so distinctly different and inconsistent, I'm not sure they had the brand guidelines all that tightened...

The perfect example is She-Ra, the toy looks nothing like its cartoon counterpart...

Were these guys going to be Powers of Grayskull (I'm having trouble finding the art P&H revealed again)? I think the colors look good for the characters on the right and left. Especially the crocodile guy. I think the green and orange is a unique look. The one that feels strange for me is the middle guy. EXCEPT, if it's Powers of Grayskull and he's from the past and the He-Ro era, I can see it more. If he's next to He-Ro. In a weird way, it's like a transition from MOTUC to NA and that color palette. Hmmm.

I would love to get both sets, but I fear the price on these. I can't go to PowerCon this year so I'll be at the mercy of whatever it costs to get if you're not going.

Here are some pics of the original art

1d054dca1255343a797097ed6b77beeb.jpg

6b318e07c850db781817db91ee752eab.jpg

5e2c278188be259bc87dff31828e9bb6.jpg

The skirt issue has already been addressed

It doesn't matter, my point was that that decision to make the skirt plastic in first place was a poor one and did that line no favours. It should never have been presented like that and it was embarrassing.

And again She-Ra has feather and not leaf motifs. Though i see you are not challenging me on this which proves my point.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, the brand "style" was all over the place even back in the day so I'm still not sure what you mean by brand awareness.
I don't like these figures personally but they definitely have the MOTU style.

There is a brand style and general overall colour palette. Just because you and some others don't know or see it, doesn't mean it's not there to those of us with a better eye for this stuff and other toy designers. I don't wish to be rude but that's the bottom line dude.
That Fisto dude is the big offender. Those colours are just not good and not MOTU.
PowerCon peeps are not toys designers, they are fans. That is what these fans wanted and that's cool but as a collector of all thing MOTU and the fact that I will be buying these exclusives, I will say what I think and give reason why a thing is wrong or just doesn't work. Other opinions are available if you don't like mine dude. Plenty seem to like them.

I mean, even in the 80's the Comics, Mini-Comics, books, cartoon and toys were so distinctly different and inconsistent, I'm not sure they had the brand guidelines all that tightened...

The perfect example is She-Ra, the toy looks nothing like its cartoon counterpart...

There are very particle reason for all that and that has nothing to do with what I said about brand awareness and folks not knowing what they are talking about when it comes specifically to the toys made by the brand owners (well back then anyways) Mattel Inc.

Last edited:
Back