Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a roller coaster ComicCon was!! I'm glad the dust is settling and hopefully things will keep going well for this line!
Cannot wait to see what's in store!!
At least we finally can avoid DR!!!
I went to the He-Man.org party at Super7 and it as awesome!!
Great time and great vibe overall!
I did finally score a Mark Taylor Sketch book but couldn't make it to the signing session. Awesome art though...

Glad to here you got a portfolio Kuzeh. I am dying to see it myself and Emiliano and I didn't have much time at all to get it done and delivered in time to the store.

https://youtu.be/ApeZbSrmMkc

Pixel Dan's interview with Super7.

Oh I really do hope they get to use the same factory. Mattel in my opinion have the best plastics out there for action figures of this sort.

Glad Thundercats is still on the cards. Flynn seems like cool guy so I am hoping this along with 4HM still being involved could actually be the best thing for the figures line.

I would be curious to see what figures they are thinking of for 2017.

I wonder if they will go back and produce some of the older Classics figures that have became pricey on the secondary market. That would get someone like me who missed some favorites back into MOTU Classics.

They could do very minimal rework or repainting and make slight variants of Teela, Fisto, Sorceress, and Ram Man for an all star line. They could also straight up re-release Filmation He-man and Skeletor and sell out no problem.

I would say that any rerelease wouldn't happen until the movie is out and Mattel do two packs or group pics.
You also have to remember that the older figures like Teela had more paint aps and QC.
If Super 7 can match that and keep them under 30 bucks then cool.

Unless all this Super 7 stuff is a sign that Mattel no longer wishes to do anything more with the brand themselves, including a movie?

Did McG turn up at the party at all Kuzeh?

I would say that any rerelease wouldn't happen until the movie is out and Mattel do two packs or group pics.
You also have to remember that the older figures like Teela had more paint aps and QC.
If Super 7 can match that and keep them under 30 bucks then cool.

I agree. From what I have seen from Super 7 they make 80's retro style toys that cannot be considered on the level of the Classics figures in detail and paint apps. They stuff they do is great for what it is supposed to be but if I wanted a continuation of the Classics line that was on the level of the stuff from say 2009 to 2011 I would have probably gone with Neca or Gentle Giant.

Gotta remember that the 4H are involved here too. They produce figures that are just as complicated and intricately painted as any MOTU fig. I would hope they could/will lend some logistical support to S7 to keep the line intact as much as possible.

My personal opinion is these will not be produced by the factory Mattel uses unless it all goes sub. That's the only way they can guarantee the numbers and maintain the quality and consistent look of the lines. They also need the economy of scale that Mattel enjoyed which is gonna be a hard thing for S7 to secure seeing as they aren't the largest toy company in the world. Even the 4H's figs are at a higher price point.

Well I just got my Mythic Legions figures which for those who have not seen one in hand are truly off the chain in terms of cool, plastics and articulation.

If Super 7 cannot do it with Mattel's factory then I would recommend they get it done with the same factory as who did these Mythic Legion figures. I might not have said that with the previous lines from the 4HM but the plastic and feel of these ML figures is on the money in my opinion.

So glad I was able to buy a Mark Taylor portfolio off the Super 7 site! If anyone that couldn't make it to SDCC wants one act fast because they are limited.

Gotta remember that the 4H are involved here too. They produce figures that are just as complicated and intricately painted as any MOTU fig. I would hope they could/will lend some logistical support to S7 to keep the line intact as much as possible.

My personal opinion is these will not be produced by the factory Mattel uses unless it all goes sub. That's the only way they can guarantee the numbers and maintain the quality and consistent look of the lines. They also need the economy of scale that Mattel enjoyed which is gonna be a hard thing for S7 to secure seeing as they aren't the largest toy company in the world. Even the 4H's figs are at a higher price point.

Well I just got my Mythic Legions figures which for those who have not seen one in hand are truly off the chain in terms of cool, plastics and articulation.

If Super 7 cannot do it with Mattel's factory then I would recommend they get it done with the same factory as who did these Mythic Legion figures. I might not have said that with the previous lines from the 4HM but the plastic and feel of these ML figures is on the money in my opinion.

I may be in the minority here but I always wanted a true high end MOTU line by 4H; just give the Horsemen a character and say have at it and see what they can do with no filter creatively. I would not care if the figures cost 40 to 60 each; it'd be worth it to have Masters figures on the same level as the Mythic Legion line. That'd be my dream line.

I may be in the minority here but I always wanted a true high end MOTU line by 4H; just give the Horsemen a character and say have at it and see what they can do with no filter creatively. I would not care if the figures cost 40 to 60 each; it'd be worth it to have Masters figures on the same level as the Mythic Legion line. That'd be my dream line.

Nope! A MOTU line with the 4H unfiltered, unencumbered, UNLEASHED!!! That would be awesome!

Eamon, McG wasn't at the party while I was there, was he supposed to?
I did see Emiliano and Val... Man that was awkward...

I honestly think the movie won't happen for several more years... And maybe one of the reasons they are ditching Matty is to focus solely on movie figures and not worry about collector stuff, kind of like what happened with GB. But that's IF the movie even happens...

Nope! A MOTU line with the 4H unfiltered, unencumbered, UNLEASHED!!! That would be awesome!

MOTU Unleashed? Yup that works.

Well don't forget we have those amazing Mondo figures coming out and for me, they were the highlight of SDCC for me.

Eamon, McG wasn't at the party while I was there, was he supposed to?
I did see Emiliano and Val... Man that was awkward...

I heard he was going to be there but I haven't heard about actually showing up. He was there last year.

What happened with Val and Emiliano?

Back