Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So,
lots of things MOTU at ComicCon... for starters a new classic MOTU episode in Filimation Style animation:

Then The P&H Foundation will be selling an exclusive book with art from Mark Taylor:

unnamed-768x1021.jpg

I wonder why they decided to make so few... this is going to be a nightmare to acquire...

That Mark Taylor portfolio looks amazing! Great product from the Power & Honor Foundation. I wish they could, or were allowed, to put out more books. The first volume they did was spectacular!

That Mark Taylor Portfolio was something I came up with and helped put together. It's something I had wanted to do for years. :)

I thought 250 was low too but it is their first official item and I guess they re just playing it safe.

That Mark Taylor Portfolio was something I came up with and helped put together. It's something I had wanted to do for years. :)

I thought 250 was low too but it is their first official item and I guess they re just playing it safe.

Seems like an awesome set. Too bad the number is so low and they don't offer it online.

That's cool Eamon,
I hope I can score one... it'll be a scalpers dream... I mean, the Mattel "art" book goes for insane amounts of money, last I checked, and the edition was a larger edition... We shall see!
So, are you coming to SDCC or not?
Do it man!!

That's cool Eamon,
I hope I can score one... it'll be a scalpers dream... I mean, the Mattel "art" book goes for insane amounts of money, last I checked, and the edition was a larger edition... We shall see!
So, are you coming to SDCC or not?
Do it man!!

My passport isn't hear yet. We are in a bit of mess here as you can imagine.

What do you guys think this is?

Screenshot 2016-07-19 19.53.23.jpg

Yes is from SDCC. Those boxes looked reused but I for one never remember a he-man and Skeletor set of figures. Unless these are just cases of classic HM and Sk?

Are those at the Super7 pop-up store or the Mattel booth? I definitely can't read the text on the boxes well enough to decipher the contents.

After digging around on the SDCC Unofficial Blog twitter account, I found out that whatever is in those cases is for attendees of the "Enchantment Under the SDCC" event being hosted by them.

https://sdccblog.com/event/enchantment-under-the-sdcc-2/

It seems they received some Matty Collector product to fill goody bags. Tickets are long sold out so there's no chance to attend now. I doubt these products are something brand new. My guess about what's in the box is the original mini He-man & Skeletor set from SDCC a couple years ago. The ones still in stock on MattyCollector after all this time:

https://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM...meID=1298800&productID=285159300#.V4-TYPkrJD8

Last edited:
Well someone pointed out that the boxes are just reused boxes and most likely the Mini He-Man and Skeletor set from a few years back.

In other news, are folks ordering their SDCC exclusives from Matty? I just scored a She-Ra...not that I am terrible excited for that but it's nice enough. I did miss the ThunderCats again though.

I just got this email. I guess Super7 is taking over the collector lines and Mattycollector is shutting down at the end of the year. Didn't know that was happening.

To Our Loyal Collectors,
Thank you for being the world’s most dedicated fans and passionate supporters of MattyCollector.com over the years.

We want to let you know that we have been working on something new and different for you that measures up to your loyalty and devotion.

As of December 31, 2016, we will be shutting down the website as we transition to Super7 to manufacture and deliver the Masters of the Universe and adult collector lines. Subscriptions and orders for 2016 will remain unaffected, and the site will continue to operate through the end of the year. For the past two years, Super7 has proven to be a great partner, and we look forward to seeing them continue to grow the Masters of the Universe line. They will unveil the expanded line for 2017 at San Diego Comic-Con.

To help you complete your collections before the end of the year, we’ll be opening the Vault beginning Thursday, July 21 at 9 a.m. PT. All 2014 and 2015 items, and select 2016 items, will be available for sale at that time. They’ll remain in the shop until the end of the year or while supplies last, whichever comes first. For our U.S.-based collectors, any Vault products you buy during San Diego Comic-Con will arrive with free domestic ground shipping.*

We thank you for your dedication and support through the years.

Sincerely,
MattyCollector.com

Back