Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would pick up those releases from the mutant faction, but after being so disappointed with Hydron I've pretty much given up on the Galactic Protectors. As Karatti has been made since your original post I'd like that swapped for a crash diet Hydron, then I'd be all in, although I'd probably get rid of Sebrian as I never cared for the cartoon.

Also what has Toy Guru done now?

I would pick up those releases from the mutant faction, but after being so disappointed with Hydron I've pretty much given up on the Galactic Protectors. As Karatti has been made since your original post I'd like that swapped for a crash diet Hydron, then I'd be all in, although I'd probably get rid of Sebrian as I never cared for the cartoon.

Also what has Toy Guru done now?

True. Forgot about Karatti.

TG: 2016 New York Toy Fair Reveals speculation - Page 3

Roton looks Amazing as well as the Skelcon!!
Filmation Evil-Lyn looks great too!
Overall great reveals! MOTUC is not over yet!!

I know right. :) Great reveals, and Rototn DOES look amazing. Not really feeling Evil Lyn but hey, she looks amazing too. I think everything looks pretty darn good in fact. I hope MOTUC lasts until the end of time.

Loving all the reveals. I was certainly not expecting the Roton, which looks rather different from the original. The head is far more organic and realistic which is stylistically at odds with the how the other vehicles are concieved. You'll notice the cannons cannot face straight ahead either due to the newer bead face design. Tis cool but I prefer the look of the original.

The Skelecons are army builders so it's really odd to me that they include one with the Roton. They seriously cannot expect folks to be buying more than one roton just to get the Skelecon are they? A screaming head Skeletor would've been just fine. If folks don't want theirs, please keep me in mind when the time comes. :)

Tuskador looks fun. Darius is nice. Over all the Filmations are nice but they are little off model in parts especially Trap Jaw and he does not come with a hook for some reason.
Evil Lyn looks really great. Clawful Rocks.
Very excited about Night Stalker but his head is a little small and the body is very wide. Weapons look a little plain too. But again, delighted we are getting them.

Thanks man. I remain positive. The story is what will matter the most as all things considered McG is at least good with action movies.

I reckon you will be ok getting the figures you want.
I'd offer to get them on my Early access for you but I am in the UK.

McG also produced Supernatural, which I think is a fun show. Maybe there's some potential there.

Loving all the reveals. I was certainly not expecting the Roton, which looks rather different from the original. The head is far more organic and realistic which is stylistically at odds with the how the other vehicles are concieved. You'll notice the cannons cannot face straight ahead either due to the newer bead face design. Tis cool but I prefer the look of the original.

The Skelecons are army builders so it's really odd to me that they include one with the Roton. They seriously cannot expect folks to be buying more than one roton just to get the Skelecon are they? A screaming head Skeletor would've been just fine. If folks don't want theirs, please keep me in mind when the time comes. :)

Tuskador looks fun. Darius is nice. Over all the Filmations are nice but they are little off model in parts especially Trap Jaw and he does not come with a hook for some reason.
Evil Lyn looks really great. Clawful Rocks.
Very excited about Night Stalker but his head is a little small and the body is very wide. Weapons look a little plain too. But again, delighted we are getting them.

I prefer the look of the original Roton as well.

IMO the best executed vehicle so far is the Wind Raider. It takes cues from the box art and looks like a serious vehicle, but it doesn't depart from the spirit and overall design of the original.

The Battle Ram has giant back wheels, which never existed in any version of the Battle Ram before (there was another concept vehicle with those wheels, but it wasn't the Battle Ram). It's also colored the wrong color, but I actually like that better.

The Talon Fighter is overly big. Looks great, but could have been slimmed down. Talons are different too.

The Roton is the biggest departure because the face is substantially different. IMO it's a step too far. Overall I still think it looks neat, but I would still prefer the original design.

whats the different from the old line and the new line?

If by old line you mean "classics", and the new one "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe". Classics is a newer, more detailed and articulated version of the original MOTU line. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is designed to look like the characters from the Filmation cartoon.

Another difference is most of the classics line was done with a good amount of quality, whereas the new line suffers from a tremendous amount of lack of quality due to cost cutting and design laziness. But I suppose that's more a matter of opinion.

thanks for the info....I'm not talking about the 80's toys.

the new one thats coming out in 2016 is called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe"? Its not called "classic 2.0"?

old line = Masters of the Universe Classic?

New line = He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?

I googled "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and there nothing showing up on Matty under that name.

Last edited:
Old line = Classics

These are inspired by the vintage toyline (most of them)

New line = was called Classics 2.0 and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, but is now renamed to just Club Grayskull

These are inspired by the Filmation cartoon. The style will lack in details (armbands, loin cloth, Beastmans fur etc will be less textured). They will feature a fantastic paclaging with window box.

Both lines are ment to fit together (there are already Filmation designs in the Classic line, but with a few added details). Unfortunatly they seem to have added a new foot ankle to the Club Grayskull figures that makes them taller than the original Classics. The hands look to be redone too.
I think all we can do is wait for them to arrive and compre in person.

Looks like I could have my He-Man tomorrow. Pretty excited - this will be my first MOTU figure since 2011 when I quit Matty. :lol
Couldn't resist subbing again when they announced the animated line.

thanks for the info....I'm not talking about the 80's toys.

the new one thats coming out in 2016 is called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe"? Its not called "classic 2.0"?

old line = Masters of the Universe Classic?

New line = He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?

I googled "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and there nothing showing up on Matty under that name.

Even though I feel my explanation was clear as day, I think I could sort of understand the confusion. Matty initially called the Fimaltion inspired figures "classics 2.0". Since it's a completely new and different line styled after the Filmation characters, I don't see how anyone could think of them as 2.0 figures. This just goes to show how out of touch the folks at Mattel are about their own product. The only TRUE classics 2.0 figures I can think of are Bubble Power She-Ra and the Teela that came with the Talon Fighter, although that Teela was more of a -2.0 downgrade from the original classics Teela in my opinion.

Does the HMATMOTU line utilize classics parts? Yes it does, but they are not 2.0 versions of classics figures.

Even though I feel my explanation was clear as day, I think I could sort of understand the confusion. Matty initially called the Fimaltion inspired figures "classics 2.0". Since it's a completely new and different line styled after the Filmation characters, I don't see how anyone could think of them as 2.0 figures. This just goes to show how out of touch the folks at Mattel are about their own product. The only TRUE classics 2.0 figures I can think of are Bubble Power She-Ra and the Teela that came with the Talon Fighter, although that Teela was more of a -2.0 downgrade from the original classics Teela in my opinion.

Does the HMATMOTU line utilize classics parts? Yes it does, but they are not 2.0 versions of classics figures.

Awesome thanks bro! :hi5:

I am really torn on my MOTU collecting at this moment in time. I mean, I got all the core characters save for Teela but otherwise am quite happy with what I got character wise. My only concern now is finishing the 200x sub line and getting the recently revealed Horde Wraith to go with that side of things, but otherwise nothing has really grabbed me this year really. I can still get the vehicles but shipping and currency exchanges the way they are would make this a headache financially so am holding off till things improve with the Aussie dollar.

Mind you, if Matty announced a 200x sub part two I would be all over that.

I got Filmation He-Man!
Much better in hand, not as shiny, very sturdy ankles, but they are still an eyesore...
Still, really cool figure and the packaging is outstanding!
Cannot wait for Skeletor
Now, since I missed the Sub period for these, if anybody is interested in selling Evil Seed let me know!

319e4cc639a83bf32e71faafee0c2970.jpg

He looks great. :)

Does anyone know if the filmation He Man 2.0 is going to be available next month...or later this year? I couldn't buy it last Monday on the one day sale because it was sold out.

Back