Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but, her face is still wrong. She may be just a regular classicized, Filmation inspired figure in the tradition of most of the POP ladies, but her face has been destroyed. What bothers me the most is Mattel will still produce this mess and sell it along with what is already going to be a super expensive item. A company with integrity would nip this in the bud and do the right thing which means delaying this and replacing all the Teela heads with properly produced ones. I'm pretty sure the 4H are not responsible for this and it's not a sculpt issue.

My opinion isn't as low as others is of her ,but I'm still glad I picked up the first Teela even if it cost quite a bit. I like the more detailed look of the first figure anyway. I'll just put the pilot head on her and put her in the Talon Fighter. The pilot head doesn't look quite as bad and she should look fine inside the Talon Fighter.

Of course I'm sure for anyone who doesn't have Teela it is pretty annoying that she didn't turn out well.

The Talon Fighter and the box both turned out awesome though.

Teela's face looks like it got punched in by a gorilla.

More like punched by Andrew Dice Clay

eyesmasher.PNG

Delighted (and relieved) to see Rudy back for the artwork.
Teela aside it all looks great.

We hopefully will be getting these for the UK con on a few weeks.

Yes, always good to see more new art from Rudy. Nice callbacks to the original box art. Not sure who did that one.

Man, I can't fathom how they screwed the pooch that badly on that face. Ouch.
There have been some botched face sculpts for a few figures in this line but that by far is the worst.

I think something must have gone wrong in the factory. Her face looks deformed and there's no way the Four Horsemen would allow a sculpt like that to pass.

I'm not sure if I want to pay $150 plus shipping and taxes for this thing

This whole set is going down the crapper. They posted photos of the Point Dread Playset and it looks just as horrible.

First Teela, then this. There is honestly nothing I like as sculpting style does not match the castle, combined with the soft edges it looks more like a rough draft than a finished product. I honestly didn't expect my version to have a superior sculpt, but damn Mattel's Point Dread looks cheap.

grayskullcon2015_point_dread_full.jpg

They've also got rid of a lot of space inside it too. The prototype had 2 figures stood inside with the computer. As Cherry_Picker on the org pointed out, you'll not even be able to fit 1 figure inside now!

Messages Image(2117517230).jpg

grayskullcon2015_point-dread06_full.jpg

That's crazy, the computer doesn't even fit inside anymore.

I don't understand why the new computer looks nothing like what was found in the original toy. None of the details of the original carry over, which makes me wonder if it's a reuse from GIJoe or something.

Easy pass... Damn it will be tough to get a seperate Teela, but there is really no reason to get this set. Does it include the Taloon Fighter btw?

Edit:

Just checked those Con pics. PD is really not that great anymore but TF is all kinds of awesome. Since I dont own CG I really dont care about PD. Will most likely display it in a corner of my cabinet. Its good enough to bring a little variation to the displayed collection. Teela is nothing more than a little bonus to justify a higher price. If it is priced under 150 I will most likely give in because of the fantastic TF.

Last edited:
Easy pass... Damn it will be tough to get a seperate Teela, but there is really no reason to get this set. Does it include the Taloon Fighter btw?

Edit:

Just checked those Con pics. PD is really not that great anymore but TF is all kinds of awesome. Since I dont own CG I really dont care about PD. Will most likely display it in a corner of my cabinet. Its good enough to bring a little variation to the displayed collection. Teela is nothing more than a little bonus to justify a higher price. If it is priced under 150 I will most likely give in because of the fantastic TF.

Battle Ram is $110....expect it to be $150 since the unnecessary teela is included

Jeez, what the heck happened with this thing? The Talon Fighter looks great, everything else looks embarassing.

I was really looking forward to this set. Now, I'm actually considering passing on it unless I can get the Talon Fighter separately somehow.

They completely ruined Point Dread, which had such potential based on the video screen grab.

Teela is just terrible. I haven't seen a figure this bad since Ruben Martinez's reign .

I just don't see how people can continue to question Mattel's motives at this point. They are blatantly cutting costs, producing an inferior product while charging a premium, and hoping to conceal the final results until they are already bought by consumers. I wish the 4H had this license, I'd gladly buy from them instead.

Back