Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically a Karg figure can happen, it just wouldn't be named Karg though. Mattel is too scared to make a reasonable facsimile of him into figure in fear of lawsuits. They walk a thin line when it come to their marketing scams, but wont risk using loopholes to make a fan demanded figure.

Didn't they say they were looking into the movie figures though? Least I thought they did.

Yeah, I vaguely remember a tentative comment in the past few months that they were looking into movie figures. Nothing concrete though :pray:

Well you can make a pretty decent one (I think anyways) from He-Ro parts.

xc251_full.jpg

Technically a Karg figure can happen, it just wouldn't be named Karg though. Mattel is too scared to make a reasonable facsimile of him into figure in fear of lawsuits. They walk a thin line when it come to their marketing scams, but wont risk using loopholes to make a fan demanded figure.

I interviewed Robert Towers a few years ago, and he told me that Mattel people came to visit him on set, and took pictures of him as reference for a toy that was never produced. That does make me wonder if they could make Karg. Its probably a matter of them finding the paperwork, but from what I've heard, they were not always good at keeping track of such things in the past.

Those are wicked photo as usual! Where is that big skull from?

Some official play dioramas would be sweet for this line. A scene builder with rock, skulls, little beasties, lava pools...

I'm kinda surprised how little of that seems to exist in general for all toys.

Those are wicked photo as usual! Where is that big skull from?

Some official play dioramas would be sweet for this line. A scene builder with rock, skulls, little beasties, lava pools...

Thanks guys.

Eamon, that skull is the top half of a throne from a box set for the 3 3/4 Mortal Kombat guys I picked up a Toys R Us on clearance a few years ago.

Just saw on he-man.org that someone successfully got a $45 refund from Matty for the King Hiss torso. Apparently others are now copying and pasting the original complaint and filing their own. I'm not a subber, plus I quite like the upcoming figure, so I wont be doing it.

All consumer complaints resolved for Matty Collector/Digital River - Central California BBB

Mattel should be giving ALL subscribers a Torso (as stated during the sub sell-in) or get this voucher automatically without have to go to the BBB

Oh wow. IMO, Mattel has now set a precedence. If they are going to give a $45 dollar voucher to one person, they need to give it to everyone who subbed.

Oh wow. IMO, Mattel has now set a precedence. If they are going to give a $45 dollar voucher to one person, they need to give it to everyone who subbed.

The fact they are giving vouchers proves even more that they were in the wrong.Hopefully this becomes widespread and kicks them where it counts.

...and what's the deal with the Talon Fighter & Teela? They didn't have her in the display at SDCC, and we still haven't gotten any official pictures or information on this product. Why do I get the feeling this is either going to be delayed, or the product will change somehow, or both?

Also, since it is supposedly coming out in November, It's not a sub item, and it's a large scale product, wouldn't they want to advertise this on their site to get people psyched about it?

Back