Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the statue Icon Heroes put out. I don't see Mattel putting out a Snake Mountain playset of the size and complexity needed to match that concept art.

It looks like the statue Icon Heroes put out. I don't see Mattel putting out a Snake Mountain playset of the size and complexity needed to match that concept art.

yes it does...toyguru even said that if they do Snake Mountain that it would look like the Icon Heroes Statue

The set is in the MOTU Classics section of the book...it shouldn't be there if something wasn't coming

plus based on sources and rumors...this only helps that

yes it does...toyguru even said that if they do Snake Mountain that it would look like the Icon Heroes Statue

The set is in the MOTU Classics section of the book...it shouldn't be there if something wasn't coming

plus based on sources and rumors...this only helps that

I'm not saying one isn't coming. I'm saying it most likely won't look nearly as good as the art in the book.

that's to be expected with toy design. that ALLWAYS happens with ever toy maker.

What's this book teemu? and is it possible this is a picture of a scrapped prototype?

that's to be expected with toy design. that ALLWAYS happens with ever toy maker.

What's this book teemu? and is it possible this is a picture of a scrapped prototype?

the new art book that comes out at the end of the month

The back of the book has a MOTU Classics section which is where that Snake Mountain is (next page after the castle grayskull playset)

That picture looks almost exactly like the ICON Heroes statue. I can't see how that design can be translated into a play set. It just isn't practical. Don't get me wrong, I love the design but it doesn't exhibit any playability. Regardless of it being in the classics section of the book, It might be a conceptual design for the ICON Heroes statue. Oh and... Toyguru has never exactly been up front and truthful about anything so, I'd take what he says (or may have said) with a grain of salt.

Hmm, I'm skeptical that this means Snake Mountain is coming. I think that's just a concept that, while maybe considered for Classics, got used for Icon Heroes. Doesn't mean it's coming for classics.

Doesn't mean it ISN'T either. Could be.

That picture looks almost exactly like the ICON Heroes statue. I can't see how that design can be translated into a play set. It just isn't practical. Don't get me wrong, I love the design but it doesn't exhibit any playability. Regardless of it being in the classics section of the book, It might be a conceptual design for the ICON Heroes statue. Oh and... Toyguru has never exactly been up front and truthful about anything so, I'd take what he says (or may have said) with a grain of salt.

while its true,Toyguru is often a fibber....he did say that would be how they would approach a Classics playset of Snake Mountain'

Why would the Icon Heroes Snake Mountain be in the MOTU Classics section of the book in the next page after MOTU Classics Castle Grayskull??????

you can clearly see that there is a mountain rock attachment....Icon Heroes SM doesn't have that

I have no doubt that we will IN FACT be getting a "Classics" Snake Mountain, the 4H have made some very strong hints to that. I am also sure that it will have CUES from the ICON Heroes statue since it is essentially a conglomerate of Filmation and vintage play set styling. However, what you are insistent on calling concept art for the Classics play set, just because it's in the classics section of a book, doesn't make it so. Even Emiliano chimed in on another forum and said it was concept art for the ICON Heroes Statue. I'd take his word for it before anyone else's.

I have no doubt that we will IN FACT be getting a "Classics" Snake Mountain, the 4H have made some very strong hints to that. I am also sure that it will have CUES from the ICON Heroes statue since it is essentially a conglomerate of Filmation and vintage play set styling. However, what you are insistent on calling concept art for the Classics play set, just because it's in the classics section of a book, doesn't make it so. Even Emiliano chimed in on another forum and said it was concept art for the ICON Heroes Statue. I'd take his word for it before anyone else's.

Interesting enough,this Art shows a Rock mountain attachment while IH statue has nothing of the sort

Emiliano doesn't work for Mattel and his inward working with Mattel and Concepts are long gone.He wouldn't exactly know for sure considering Toyguru said SM would take from the IH statue.....plus as you said,the Horseman has also strongly hinted

The Four Horsemen worked on the design for the Icon Heroes statue. I believe it was Eric Treadway and Baena (Nate Baertsch) who did most of the work. I'm pretty sure they had a MOTU Classics version in mind when they were coming up with this design. It could be in the works, but I would expect it to be a pre-order like Grayskull where they have to hit a minimum sales level before they would move forward with production.

Interesting enough,this Art shows a Rock mountain attachment while IH statue has nothing of the sort

Emiliano doesn't work for Mattel and his inward working with Mattel and Concepts are long gone.He wouldn't exactly know for sure considering Toyguru said SM would take from the IH statue.....plus as you said,the Horseman has also strongly hinted

Well, Toyguru doesn't work for Mattel either. LOL! Again, I'm sure the upcoming Snake Mountain will have elements from all versions, but it will be in the form of a fully functioning play set. Probably very similar to the clamshell design of Castle Grayskull. The concept design in question doesn't indicate anything suggesting it's an actual "Play Set" design, but more of a front and back view of the ICON Heroes statue.

And that "Rock Mountain" attachment you keep bringing up was originally part of the ICON Heroes statue, but they ended up eliminating it from the final design.

Well, Toyguru doesn't work for Mattel either. LOL! Again, I'm sure the upcoming Snake Mountain will have elements from all versions, but it will be in the form of a fully functioning play set. Probably very similar to the clamshell design of Castle Grayskull. The concept design in question doesn't indicate anything suggesting it's an actual "Play Set" design, but more of a front and back view of the ICON Heroes statue.

And that "Rock Mountain" attachment you keep bringing up was originally part of the ICON Heroes statue, but they ended up eliminating it from the final design.

I wonder if the Art boo actualyk confirms what it is...either way,from sources,SM is coming (whether it be through pre-order sales etc)

All hints are leading to a Snake Mountain, but until I see visual proof of a prototype or at the very least a foamboard mock-up, I'm going to remain neutral for now. Hopefully we will learn more just before or during SDCC. I'm actually really excited to see what will be revealed. :)

I am with teemu there. I got confirmation back in December I think that it will be a hybrid similar to the IH statue. Also the pictures confirm the idea of two shells similar to CG (front and back). You will most likely get a brodge to connect the two shells similar to the vintage one.

I am with teemu there. I got confirmation back in December I think that it will be a hybrid similar to the IH statue. Also the pictures confirm the idea of two shells similar to CG (front and back). You will most likely get a brodge to connect the two shells similar to the vintage one.

You got confirmation of what?

The pictures don't confirm anything.

I really don't get why people are absolutely insistent that those pictures represent the official MOTUC Snake Mountain play set, when it is CLEARLY the ICON Heroes statue. If it was a cutaway picture (open clamshell), with interior views showing the levels and accessories, I'd be more inclined to entertain such an idea. There is NOTHING in those pictures suggesting it's the classics play set.

The argument that the pictures are in the classics section of the art book is weak, considering it could be a publishing or any other kind of production flaw.

Good news

The whole entire 2016 Subscription will be revealed (all the names at least and reveals during the sub campaign of what is sculpted)

Good news

The whole entire 2016 Subscription will be revealed (all the names at least and reveals during the sub campaign of what is sculpted)

After all these years they finally do what the fans have been asking for by giving us a list of every figure coming out for the year. This goes against what Toyguru has always told us. That or Mattel's legal team has become very lax since he left.

After all these years they finally do what the fans have been asking for by giving us a list of every figure coming out for the year. This goes against what Toyguru has always told us. That or Mattel's legal team has become very lax since he left.

Here's the exact source that Teemu is referencing (from Mattel's WTFWTK Q&A):

1. Tundra_Torque: Since all of the 200x figures were eventually revealed before the sub drive ended, will the same happen with the 2016 sub drive, which would include photos of figures sculpted at the time of the drive as well as the names of the characters yet to be sculpted?

Moving forward yes, we hope to be able to share as much as we can about what figures will be included in the sub. We don't want to hide anything from you guys and want to make sure you know what you are getting!

So, it looks like they will reveal probably more figures than usual for 2016,but it doesn't necessarily mean all of them will be shown when subs are put up.

They will probably give us the full list of names that is in the Sub (which is what they should of done to begin with) and then show off prototypes as far as what the 4horseman has sculpted.

Back