Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just threw a bunch of motuc stuff on my BST for those of you looking for some older stuff...

Quick question just because it has me worried. When you all go to your subscription page on matty, and you bought the 2014 sub, does it show the 2014 sub there yet? I have an invoice for buying it back during SDCC, but I do not see an option for it in my sub tab.

The only reason I'm even questioning this is because they randomly dropped me from the 2013 sub in October and I lost out on all those figures. So, I'm just trying to get everything straight right now.

Thanks for any answers!

Mine is the same when I login to the "My Subscriptions" link. It's empty. I'm a new subscriber so I don't know if this is normal.

Quick question just because it has me worried. When you all go to your subscription page on matty, and you bought the 2014 sub, does it show the 2014 sub there yet? I have an invoice for buying it back during SDCC, but I do not see an option for it in my sub tab.

The only reason I'm even questioning this is because they randomly dropped me from the 2013 sub in October and I lost out on all those figures. So, I'm just trying to get everything straight right now.

Thanks for any answers!

Mine is the same when I login to the "My Subscriptions" link. It's empty. I'm a new subscriber so I don't know if this is normal.

It's normal...your Sub won't show up in the "my subscription" page till it kicks in

If your order history says order Submitted- you're Fine

So… anybody know anything about all the drama going on from the latest RGD podcast?
I know Eamon is on vacation but some people are saying he's been left out from it due to an altercation with JonWes?
I call it b.s. but even Emiliano is whining about it as usual… :dunno

Anyway, for the REAL news this month, cannot wait for Two-Bad at last!!! :blissy

So… anybody know anything about all the drama going on from the latest RGD podcast?
I know Eamon is on vacation but some people are saying he's been left out from it due to an altercation with JonWes?
I call it b.s. but even Emiliano is whining about it as usual… :dunno

Anyway, for the REAL news this month, cannot wait for Two-Bad at last!!! :blissy

In the Podcast they said Eamon wasn't on because of the Time Zone and because they moved the Podcast to a different recording time :dunno

anyways,Can't wait for Two-bad

In the Podcast they said Eamon wasn't on because of the Time Zone and because they moved the Podcast to a different recording time :dunno

That's BS, he's out of town on vacation…
I wonder if either Eamon or JonWes can clarify what's going on?…

In any case, did anybody see about that Imaginext castle that has the Dungeon Grate sculpted at the bottom?
WTF?

P1050151.jpg

That's BS, he's out of town on vacation…
I wonder if either Eamon or JonWes can clarify what's going on?…

In any case, did anybody see about that Imaginext castle that has the Dungeon Grate sculpted at the bottom?
WTF? ]

Jon Wes doesn't post here anymore,so who knows...apparently there is alot of love/hate going on in the MOTU community which really isn't that important in the grand scheme IMO.Sometimes I think the "FAME" really goes to some people's heads.
The latest Emiliano blog is interesting though,I guess Val is not who he says he is

The whole Val/Emiliano has permanently disfigured the org. After a long time of weighing out what I've heard and seen over the past 18 months, I've got a few observations.

- First and foremost, they are still censoring every mention of Emiliano over there. It's been a year and a half! What. The. ****.

- After personally trading PMs and online discussion with both of them, I've found an occasional exasperation and snippiness in Val's tone whereas Emiliano has always remained open and informative.

- Val has alot more tied up professionally in MOTU currently than Emiliano, with much less translateable talent to other venues. Major conflict of interest I'd say. He has said in the past that "no one has put more into the brand as a fan" but I see a strong personal career aspirations underscoring the entire thing. A colorist is an extremely niche thing in the comic book world, which is pretty niche to start with.

- Money has to be fairly tight for him and I see the org as providing a much needed income source. The best way to do that is to be increasingly dependent on a working "relationship" with Mattel no matter how poisonous it become for the community. He might not have intended it to get quite so bad, but his refusal to truly let go of the association has cost the site in more ways than dollar signs could convey.

- He also fancies himself a writer, but when you compare the two Emiliano was the real mega talent. Enough of a talent to remain independent of Mattel at any rate. Perhaps his stepping down from admin is the first step towards that, but I think it's time to completely divest himself. Enough of this rampant censorship of all things Santalucia.

- There's no way to be able to confirm how the finances really break down from the org as Emiliano admittedly isn't on the inside track anymore, but I agree with his general sentiment. I always thought of them as being on the same leadership role. I would've given Scott/Mattel the boot before Emiliano. Bros before schmoes.

Jon Wes doesn't post here anymore,so who knows...apparently there is alot of love/hate going on in the MOTU community which really isn't that important in the grand scheme IMO.Sometimes I think the "FAME" really goes to some people's heads.
The latest Emiliano blog is interesting though,I guess Val is not who he says he is

Ya, that's been the consensus for quite awhile.

The whole Val/Emiliano has permanently disfigured the org. After a long time of weighing out what I've heard and seen over the past 18 months, I've got a few observations.

- First and foremost, they are still censoring every mention of Emiliano over there. It's been a year and a half! What. The. ****.

- After personally trading PMs and online discussion with both of them, I've found an occasional exasperation and snippiness in Val's tone whereas Emiliano has always remained open and informative.

- Val has alot more tied up professionally in MOTU currently than Emiliano, with much less translateable talent to other venues. Major conflict of interest I'd say. He has said in the past that "no one has put more into the brand as a fan" but I see a strong personal career aspirations underscoring the entire thing. A colorist is an extremely niche thing in the comic book world, which is pretty niche to start with.

- Money has to be fairly tight for him and I see the org as providing a much needed income source. The best way to do that is to be increasingly dependent on a working "relationship" with Mattel no matter how poisonous it become for the community. He might not have intended it to get quite so bad, but his refusal to truly let go of the association has cost the site in more ways than dollar signs could convey.

- He also fancies himself a writer, but when you compare the two Emiliano was the real mega talent. Enough of a talent to remain independent of Mattel at any rate. Perhaps his stepping down from admin is the first step towards that, but I think it's time to completely divest himself. Enough of this rampant censorship of all things Santalucia.

- There's no way to be able to confirm how the finances really break down from the org as Emiliano admittedly isn't on the inside track anymore, but I agree with his general sentiment. I always thought of them as being on the same leadership role. I would've given Scott/Mattel the boot before Emiliano. Bros before schmoes.

Well, to be honest, I think both have quite the Ego, so that's part of the problem IMO.
The work both did with the 200x comic was superb, I like Val's coloring a lot, as well as Emiliano's art. But I always take what both say with a grain of salt.
Both are biased and have interests that are affected by their opinions of Mattel.

Val might be a bit shady at times, but I agree with his comments about not getting that worked up over toys. The whole "e-mail or donation" system from the .org has always sucked and I find it silly as hell. As well as their excessive censorship of silly stuff vs. really annoying things that get a free pass…

As for Emiliano, he does some amazing art, but he's sour grapes about being shunned from MOTU altogether. Considering he always talked crap about TG and Mattel it's not surprising he's left out. And honestly, he works for Hasblow, so any credibility he might have regarding his gripe against Matt-hell is lost since he has financial interests on making Mattel look bad. Besides, he never complained about the money drives when he was part of the .org...

Honestly, the .org is kind of imploding as a victim of it's own "fame" and the ego of his founders…
There's other forums, and MOTU will always be part of popular culture, and is bigger than any self-proclaimed bearers of the MOTU fandom… ;)

Well, to be honest, I think both have quite the Ego, so that's part of the problem IMO.
The work both did with the 200x comic was superb, I like Val's coloring a lot, as well as Emiliano's art. But I always take what both say with a grain of salt.
Both are biased and have interests that are affected by their opinions of Mattel.

Val might be a bit shady at times, but I agree with his comments about not getting that worked up over toys. The whole "e-mail or donation" system from the .org has always sucked and I find it silly as hell. As well as their excessive censorship of silly stuff vs. really annoying things that get a free pass…

As for Emiliano, he does some amazing art, but he's sour grapes about being shunned from MOTU altogether. Considering he always talked crap about TG and Mattel it's not surprising he's left out. And honestly, he works for Hasblow, so any credibility he might have regarding his gripe against Matt-hell is lost since he has financial interests on making Mattel look bad. Besides, he never complained about the money drives when he was part of the .org...

Honestly, the .org is kind of imploding as a victim of it's own "fame" and the ego of his founders…
There's other forums, and MOTU will always be part of popular culture, and is bigger than any self-proclaimed bearers of the MOTU fandom… ;)

Getting "worked up" could also be extended to include pulling a power play on an intransigent who refuses to amend his contrariness for the sake of corporate. Val couldn't possibly lecture anyone on getting worked up over toys, when the fact that the scope of the muzzle he's thrown over the entire site is utterly hysterical. Mattel may have forced his hand on this issue, but the series of events leading up to it should have cued him in on the real nature of the org/Mattel relationship.

Emiliano is clearly still angry and bitter over how his departure was handled, but his has always been an honest opinion. They also tended to be well thought out. If Mattel was so concerned about how his words were affecting the fan base, they should have sought to address those concerns. We know he loves the brand and contributed a great deal to it's continuation during the early 00's. I could say the same for Val, but the difference is he insisted on remaining in charge when Emiliano left. We know Emiliano is no longer gaining anything financially from his association with He-Man and it would go a long way for Val's reputation if he were able to break free of it himself.

Emiliano is a freelancer. He could work for anyone really. The man oozes creative design, some of which have been closely mirrored by 4H/Mattel. The only reason I see Mattel stonewalling him is so they could take his ideas without having to actually pay him. That's where Scott's ego comes in. I'd consider what Val is doing for Mattel is along those lines too, though instead of paying him for the site they don't issue a cease and desist. :lol

The org is already old news. MOTUC is on it's way out too and with traffic guaranteed to suffer as a result, it's time to redo the site to help generate more. At least that's how it looks to me right now. It is time for other sites step in and make this a bad memory.

Last edited:
Can't wait for more reveals next month...seems real quiet in MOTU Land

I think we'll see Tung Lashor,Lizard Man,mini figures,Madame razz and some kind of new mini sub including a mix of Filmation and POP

Yep, only nonsense and drama between Val and Emiliano as usual… :lol
I agree with Tung Lashor and obviously Razz… Also, for some reason i think Rio Blast will make an appearance this year…

Yep, only nonsense and drama between Val and Emiliano as usual… :lol
I agree with Tung Lashor and obviously Razz… Also, for some reason i think Rio Blast will make an appearance this year…

I hope so on Rio-Blast aswell....Tung Lashor and Rio would really seal the deal for me on this line

Has there been any news of Mermista joining the line anytime soon? I know Glimmer and Flutterina are the next PoP figures, right?

Has there been any news of Mermista joining the line anytime soon? I know Glimmer and Flutterina are the next PoP figures, right?

I know Mermista is coming within up to the next SDCC reveals...she was rumored in this year,but she might be saved for '15 Sub bait

Back