Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to help, guys.

Thanks bro, so 275.00 is for the late buyers only or everyone even the early 250 PO's?. Any confirmations on box art?

Yeah, $250 was for ordering last year. They opened up POs again (which I wasn't sure they'd do) for $275. Box art is supposed to be by Rudy Obrero, who did the original box art painting (which I just ordered a print of!) and did the recent Wind Raider and Granamyr box arts. If you pre-ordered, you got a code that let you choose which 10 characters you wanted on the art. Grayskull will be $300 day of, though now they are saying there might not be day of sales.

In other news, I had a crazy thought about the Wind Raider stand...

So, its one of the most head-scratching parts of the new Castle, right? Even though I love the Castle overall, I just didn't get this. It doesn't seem like the WR will fit in there. So what if it really isn't MEANT for the Wind Raider, but something else they can't talk about because it's not announced yet?

Again, this is pure speculation on my part, but the sky sled of part of the Battle Ram would be pretty cool on a stand in there... :)

Interesting. I agree I was confused about it as well, not because I think it's a bad idea or anything but for what you state, it doesn't look like it would fit there.

Happy to help, guys.

Yeah, $250 was for ordering last year. They opened up POs again (which I wasn't sure they'd do) for $275. Box art is supposed to be by Rudy Obrero, who did the original box art painting (which I just ordered a print of!) and did the recent Wind Raider and Granamyr box arts. If you pre-ordered, you got a code that let you choose which 10 characters you wanted on the art. Grayskull will be $300 day of, though now they are saying there might not be day of sales.

In other news, I had a crazy thought about the Wind Raider stand...

So, its one of the most head-scratching parts of the new Castle, right? Even though I love the Castle overall, I just didn't get this. It doesn't seem like the WR will fit in there. So what if it really isn't MEANT for the Wind Raider, but something else they can't talk about because it's not announced yet?

Again, this is pure speculation on my part, but the sky sled of part of the Battle Ram would be pretty cool on a stand in there... :)

Thanks so much for the info, wow no day of sales? Huh? I guess I must order tonight for sure. I'm just curious if matty is just making this up to scare us to order more. They always say last chance and it normally pops up again later. I guess I can't risk it. Will order tonight. Anyone get a filmation sub? I might get one as well.

Yeah, it's hard to say. I'd say it's better to pre-order now, and if you regret it, you can always cancel before the end of August. Originally they said they'd probably have a small amount of stock day of. But the most recent statements make that sound like it might not happen. It's possible because of the complaints they are worried about overstock.

Yeah, it's hard to say. I'd say it's better to pre-order now, and if you regret it, you can always cancel before the end of August. Originally they said they'd probably have a small amount of stock day of. But the most recent statements make that sound like it might not happen. It's possible because of the complaints they are worried about overstock.

honestly,I would prefer that this thing is pre-order only and no day of sales...then watch this take off on the secondary market

the less and more limited castle grayskull is...the better

https://ec.libsyn.com/p/4/4/0/4405c...1ce3dae902ea1d01ce8534d4cd5e0b37&c_id=5452473

Listening to this now and I agree with Eamon. There never should've been any doubt or criticism when CG was revealed. It should've been nothing but "Wows!" Unfortunately, while not a disaster by any means, the castle, in my eyes, does not live up to expectations.

Also, Eamon, I know you're friends with Val and I know he feels he has to keep a straight face with Mattel, but he always comes off as a Mattel apologist, this time specifically regarding He-Man on BC fitting through the door. Of course people will want to pose He-Man and BC this way. How could he not see this? I don't know, it's like he's afraid to say anything negative. As far as I know, Mattel ain't paying the org's bills or giving him free toys so I don't see why he's always so passive.

https://ec.libsyn.com/p/4/4/0/4405c...1ce3dae902ea1d01ce8534d4cd5e0b37&c_id=5452473

Also, Eamon, I know you're friends with Val and I know he feels he has to keep a straight face with Mattel, but he always comes off as a Mattel apologist, this time specifically regarding He-Man on BC fitting through the door. Of course people will want to pose He-Man and BC this way. How could he not see this? I don't know, it's like he's afraid to say anything negative. As far as I know, Mattel ain't paying the org's bills or giving him free toys so I don't see why he's always so passive.

Roast Gullible I mean Gooble dinner, was going to be praise-a-thon for Neitlich and Mattel. I am surprised that the ORG is allowing people to criticize Scot Neitlich and be out spoken about Classics Castle Grayskull. Reading Emiliano Santalucia blog is very interesting into the ORG drama.

Thank you. I will do so late tonight after work. :1-1:

Roast Gullible I mean Gooble dinner, was going to be praise-a-thon for Neitlich and Mattel. I am surprised that the ORG is allowing people to criticize Scot Neitlich and be out spoken about Classics Castle Grayskull. Reading Emiliano Santalucia blog is very interesting into the ORG drama.

where can you read that?

A lot of his experiences are quite similar to some Barbie related stuff talked about in the Stuff You Should Know Podcast about Barbie. I'd suggest anyone listen to it who's looking for an outsider perspective on Mattel. As two guys who have never really delved into Mattel before they echo a lot of the sentiments you often hear in the MOTU community.

https://castroller.com/podcasts/StuffYouShould/3217649

I also agree with his first post there. Mattel likes to cultivate this atmosphere of fear to keep their customers from acting like customers. It drives me nuts that people buy into it. We shouldn't be grateful that Mattel is making the toys. They should be grateful we're buying them.

Last edited:
HA!

Toyguru just said that certain figures DO have higher Runs

Ram Man had a higher run than the average figure and Sold out in 5 minutes

Netossa (which is POP) had a much lower run and took couple days to sell out.

Which again proves that Vintage is King!

This foolish arguement that POP (He-Man.Org POP cheerleaders like to claim POP sells the same) sells the same as Vintage MOTU is hogwash and always was..

Last edited:
A lot of his experiences are quite similar to some Barbie related stuff talked about in the Stuff You Should Know Podcast about Barbie. I'd suggest anyone listen to it who's looking for an outsider perspective on Mattel. As two guys who have never really delved into Mattel before they echo a lot of the sentiments you often hear in the MOTU community.

https://castroller.com/podcasts/StuffYouShould/3217649

I also agree with his first post there. Mattel likes to cultivate this atmosphere of fear to keep their customers from acting like customers. It drives me nuts that people buy into it. We shouldn't be grateful that Mattel is making the toys. They should be grateful we're buying them.

:exactly: Some people are sooooooooooooo in Love with MOTU that they can't see the abuse and will glady bend over

I think people read way more into how fast stuff "sells out" than they should.

HA!

Toyguru just said that certain figures DO have higher Runs

Ram Man had a higher run than the average figure and Sold out in 5 minutes

Netossa (which is POP) had a much lower run and took couple days to sell out.

Which again proves that Vintage is King!

This foolish arguement that POP (He-Man.Org POP cheerleaders like to claim POP sells the same) sells the same as Vintage MOTU is hogwash and always was..

I could've sworn this was common knowledge for years, but I guess I've been wrong. For instance, when every POP cheerleader was going on and on about how fast Bow sold, or how the Star Sisters performed above expectations (nevermind that they were included in the sub), they used this as leverage in arguments for vintage toy deco'd POP figures. I really wish Mattel had been more straight with the releases and not tried to artificially extend the line with the likes of Dekker (who asked for this guy?!??!) and the 'Fighting Foe Men' ($100 for 3 completely made up characters based on vehicles I'd rather have.)

Its been interesting reading Emilano's blog, to say the least. I'm not surprised, especially with how certain other sites are ran and moderated. Or how certain issues are never brought up to certain Mattel employees when they're on certain podcasts.

As for Castle Grayskull, the whole think stinks. Legal small print be damnned, we were promised one thing when our precious pre-orders were needed, and now we're being told 'this is your Grayskull, take it or leave it.' I don't see how anyone could not take issue with the fact the figures don't fit through the door or can stand without bumping their head on the ceiling above. I think some fans would be fine paying for a steaming pile of crap if it came in MOTUC packaging.

:exactly: Some people are sooooooooooooo in Love with MOTU that they can't see the abuse and will glady bend over

Or they just have a different opinion. I can't remember. Are most He-man fans overly negative or a bunch of buttkissers today? I can't seem to keep up with the overall sentiment from day to day. :rotfl

I don't think being critical of one group precludes being critical of another. He even proceeds the comment with "some people" indicating he's not talking about everyone.

i read over there when i was over there once that some dude commented and said "All NA figures....again this is a MOTU line & no matter how much you think that you can jazz these figures up they'll always be fugly looking".. rofl really though? so how is PoP in the line they went in scale with each other either so that statement didnt make sense when they cheerlead the hell out of out.

i read over there when i was over there once that some dude commented and said "All NA figures....again this is a MOTU line & no matter how much you think that you can jazz these figures up they'll always be fugly looking".. rofl really though? so how is PoP in the line they went in scale with each other either so that statement didnt make sense when they cheerlead the hell out of out.

Well, that's because it's a board full of people who have lots of different views and not the Borg Hive Mind. :) Just like most message boards. People say lots of silly things, interesting things and everything in between things. Having been a member for over 10 years, I can say there have been times I had to stay away for extended periods because I was getting frustrated/annoyed, times when I've been really into it and lots of times in between, too. :)

That's what cracks me up when people try to say something on one message board about another message board. I'm on TheFwoosh, GallifreyBase, here, He-man.org, Whona.com, Trektoy and Mego Museum, and honestly none are all that different as far as the types of people who go to them and the varied opinions people have. That's why I enjoy about them. Each has it's own quirks, but for the most part the majority of people just want to have fun talking about toys and junk. You'll get those people who are like dogs with bones and just can't let anything go and take everything too seriously, but usually they either go on an ignore list or I just tune them out after a while when I realize they aren't contributing anything to the conversation. I can't think of anything more silly than fan drama, either. It's fun to debate, but when I log off I could care less what anyone on a message board thinks on way or another... so maybe that helps. LOL

Back