Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, if we cut out Toyguru, who would everyone have to use as a scapegoat when anything goes wrong or people just want to complain about the smallest thing?

:exactly: I think TG catches a lot of crap b/c he's the public face of this line. The higher ups at Mattel who quite frankly I wonder if they really have any faith in a He-Man line at all (much like a lot of people in this thread). TG is just the messenger that gets shot at.

https://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=20110719123302739

Pixel Dan's review 0f Marlena is up, he does note the eyes, and some other issues other people have noted. I think she looks good but then again I'm biased I actually like this line.

I LOVE this line. Been a MOTU fan ever since I was 7 (yes, I'm really dating myself). This, above all other collections, comics, etc. is my favorite line. I was sad to see the 200X line go. When this line was announced, I was beyond ecstatic. I think both Marlena and Cringer look great. I'm not worried about the eyes on Marlena or the very limited articulation on Cringer. These are the best figures ever (until they re-do them 10 years down the road with newer technology :wink1:).

Can't wait for the first shots of SDCC Wednesday night! You know there are always fans taking shots and getting them online early :panic:

Toyguru said on podcast that the Subscription figure will be the price of admission alone! I predict the Sorceress!!! and if its not her,it will be a Filmation Character Shadow Weaver,but I am pretty sure,by comments/hints/talk that Toyguru has been pushing for Sorceress (along with the 30th anniversay coming up)

I can understand why they would put a popular character in the sub to sell LOTS of subscriptions and make sure they keep the line going!

I also think we'll be seeing Spikor,Fisto,Evil Seed,Flipshot,Frosta,Granymir

and Castle Grayskull playset!

Last edited:
Toyguru said on podcast that the Subscription figure will be the price of admission alone! I predict the Sorceress!!! and if its not her,it will be a Filmation Character Shadow Weaver,but I am pretty sure,by comments/hints/talk that Toyguru has been pushing for Sorceress (along with the 30th anniversay coming up)

I can understand why they would put a popular character in the sub to sell LOTS of subscriptions and make sure they keep the line going!

i just don't see them putting an essential character like the sorceress as the sub exclusive. it would be a ____ move even by Mattel's standards.

either way i'll be getting a sub no matter what. when do they go on sale again?

i just don't see them putting an essential character like the sorceress as the sub exclusive. it would be a ____ move even by Mattel's standards.

either way i'll be getting a sub no matter what. when do they go on sale again?

I see them doing it because its the 30th anniversary and they are going "BIG" for 2012...alot of people will be pissed, but the subscription sales will outweigh the cries.What figure would meet the statement of "a figure being the price of the subscription alone"? it has to be a big name character.(Fan demanded-Sorceress or Shadow Weaver)This panel is going to be a big deal as the Mattel Execs and Classic Media are going to be at the panel....

The [2012] subscription figure alone will be worth the price of admission... it's beyond compare. It's not like the past two years where we've thought 'we'll do somebody that... if you don't have that, you won't really feel like you've lost out.

[Interjection: "Ah, so this is someone that you gotta have?"]

"Yeah... you'll understand why. It's not like we did it to be evil - we did it to actually be nice... and you'll see why. I don't think we'll have too many [complaints] - I hope not. The Horsemen and I went back and forth on this so many times... 'do we really do this?' - but, y'know what, it's the right thing to do and we talked about it a lot. Eric and I sat down and we just really really talked about this one."

Last edited:
the Marlena figures look good even with the weird eyes. probably won't even be that noticable from a normal distance anyway. i'll be getting 2 so i can display both versions. hopfully we get a younger version of Randor in the future. loving the Cringer as well. can't believe we finally got him. i'll be putting 1 next to Adam and the other next to Orko. my MOTU display has become epic. my basement can hardly contain the awesomeness that radiates from the 50+ figures i got.

I am expecting to be blown away by the reveals at comicon ( I am every year) I just regained about 20+ vintage figures (and a 99% complete vintage greyskull) So I am more thrilled to be a part of this line than ever. It is merely a cost factor that is making my sub decision in doubt. I can only imagine who the ex. figure might be if it's someone that we've been expecting but hasn't been released yet.

A Grayskull playset would be incredible. That and Evilseed, but it'd be nice for them to include two headsculpts with him; a mouth-closed version and a screaming version. That death scene was too creepy not to replicate with his figure.

Purchase a membership to Club Eternia for $20 and you’re guaranteed to receive all of the monthly Masters of the Universe Classics figures released during the year. You’ll also receive club-exclusive Shadow Weaver and an all-new bonus map poster of Preternia!
Starting January 2012, you are automatically shipped the Club Eternia Monthly Figure every month for a total of twelve months (January through December). For 2012, you will also be shipped four beast figures or multi-packs and four character variant figures at various intervals throughout the year. You are billed as figures ship. Figures revealed to date are Sorceress (January), Fisto (February) and Kobra Kahn (March). The multipack revealed to date is Princess of Powers Star Sisters (Starla, Jewel Star and Tall Star) that also includes Glory Bird.

Heck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorceress,Fisto,Kobra Kahn!!!

here is the link......https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/pd/productID.233184100

Purchase a membership to Club Eternia for $20 and you’re guaranteed to receive all of the monthly Masters of the Universe Classics figures released during the year. You’ll also receive club-exclusive Shadow Weaver and an all-new bonus map poster of Preternia!
Starting January 2012, you are automatically shipped the Club Eternia Monthly Figure every month for a total of twelve months (January through December). For 2012, you will also be shipped four beast figures or multi-packs and four character variant figures at various intervals throughout the year. You are billed as figures ship. Figures revealed to date are Sorceress (January), Fisto (February) and Kobra Kahn (March). The multipack revealed to date is Princess of Powers Star Sisters (Starla, Jewel Star and Tall Star) that also includes Glory Bird.

Heck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorceress,Fisto,Kobra Kahn!!!

here is the link......https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/pd/productID.233184100

okay..um...squuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeee!!!! That gets my attention! Sorceress and Fisto? Hell yeah. and a shadow weaver? yeah unless i'm on the street i'm signing up for the sub. Fisto should have been a given though they debuted the arm attachment with clawful

okay..um...squuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeee!!!! That gets my attention! Sorceress and Fisto? Hell yeah. and a shadow weaver? yeah unless i'm on the street i'm signing up for the sub. Fisto should have been a given though they debuted the arm attachment with clawful

I am VERY happy with the 2012 reveals!!! Fisto!! :yess:

Lots more to come! We dont know Oct,Nov,Dec,or the quarterly variants are yet! Also sounds like Mattel will have some access to the Filmation characters and I still think Castle Grayskull will be announced for 2012....

MOTU goes BIG for 2012!

Nice, I'll have to come and check if I like the Sorceress. Hope they have a Frosta and new version of She-Ra.

Wonder if it ever crossed their mind to cast and sell those displays... I'd buy everything in that picture.

Back