Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got Roboto today. i put him to use right away by having him open my breakfast.

IMG_1539.jpg

Nice!! :lol

Ladies Man Bow!! NOT!!! nice looking piece though

attachment.php

Looking great!

My Roboto won't be here till friday. :(

Bow looks cool. I still think he could have used a thinner framed buck. On the plus side a lot of those parts are destined to be NA He-Man. I'm one of maybe four people that actually wants a few more NA figures.

So - my Roboto soon will not have the backward shoulders. I noticed when I got mine today that his head was a bit wobbly. Also his leg was a bit warped as were some of the attachments. I decided to boil him a bit to straighten his leg and arms, and attempt to change the shoulders. Well the shoulders were a no go, everything else was fixed.. but his torso got condensation inside. Long story short - I cracked the torso apart with virtually no damage and got everything together so I can make the switch. Eff you Matty - you screw up on your product and actually made it easier for me to fix.

So - my Roboto soon will not have the backward shoulders. I noticed when I got mine today that his head was a bit wobbly. Also his leg was a bit warped as were some of the attachments. I decided to boil him a bit to straighten his leg and arms, and attempt to change the shoulders. Well the shoulders were a no go, everything else was fixed.. but his torso got condensation inside. Long story short - I cracked the torso apart with virtually no damage and got everything together so I can make the switch. Eff you Matty - you screw up on your product and actually made it easier for me to fix.

Awesome! I was wondering if somebody would try to crack open Roboto's chest to swap his shoulders. I might give it a try too. Show some pics Memnoch!

been reading reports about everything you mentioned about Roboto....some are getting bobble heads,loose joints,and bad paint apps and the biggest one is the warped weapons....it never fails...thinking I am only gonna get one sub for 2012...the almost $30 cost for one is getting old and Mattel's QC is almost not worth it...might be time to pick and choose

Ive only had two BAD QC experiences with this line, and that was the crushed face Zoar and the ears on Orko. Thankfully this one was fixed. Just waiting for the chest to dry and gonna grab some gorilla glue in the morning... or maybe another trip to wal mart tonight. But either way, my Roboto will be as the 4H wanted him. I don't need a second swaping hand.

been reading reports about everything you mentioned about Roboto....some are getting bobble heads,loose joints,and bad paint apps and the biggest one is the warped weapons....it never fails...thinking I am only gonna get one sub for 2012...the almost $30 cost for one is getting old and Mattel's QC is almost not worth it...might be time to pick and choose

I should've only ordered one sub for 2011, but I wanted to have doubles of some of the really awesome releases. I'll definitely stick to just one sub for 2012, since I'm getting tired of getting 2 of everything (especially if only secondary and non MOTU figures start increasing). If the figures were $15 the $8.70 shipping would be easier to manage, but I don't ever see the prices going down (hopefully they don't go up in following subs).

Ive only had two BAD QC experiences with this line, and that was the crushed face Zoar and the ears on Orko. Thankfully this one was fixed. Just waiting for the chest to dry and gonna grab some gorilla glue in the morning... or maybe another trip to wal mart tonight. But either way, my Roboto will be as the 4H wanted him. I don't need a second swaping hand.

Any recommendations on the best way to crack the chest open without damaging it?

Any recommendations on the best way to crack the chest open without damaging it?

:pray: Yes, please tell us how you pried him open without breaking him!:pray:

Well it was after I boiled Roboto a bit (just NOT the chest). But what I did was apply some gradual pressure between the peg hole that goes into the chest for the head, using that pressure to slowly push the two sides apart, gaining some wedge room and slowly forcing it bit by bit. I was trying to get just enough room to get the arm pegs out when the split happened, and it happens fast. I don't think they really used much glue to seal him up and I know Im not the only one that has popped him apart. But as always, YMMV and try it at your own risk.

Nobody has an extra floating around? He was one of my favorites growing up. Do his gears turn in the torso when you turn it?

Back