Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I sold off all of my motuc, that movie Skeletor is particularly tempting. Must resist, but it is damn cool.

Bluetooth features will just jack it up to $700 though..but,yeah prices for everything collectible toys today is just about nuts anymore. While there are issues with Super7 and Brian Flynn's condescending talk, I do think its a bit over-blown some. I do hope super7 delivers on this playset and if they have any sense at all, this thing gets made at Mattel.
If you stop and think about how some collectors behave over little things they need a magnifying glass to see, he really isn't condescending but is truthful.

If you stop and think about how some collectors behave over little things they need a magnifying glass to see, he really isn't condescending but is truthful.

Yeah,there is truth in what he says,but we are paying high dollar for their products, QC does need to be better and get better. I think customers expectations are justified there.

Excited for God Skeletor but disappointed with the version of Conan they're going with. And I guess all that exposed flesh is going to result in the final production figure having that unpainted plastic skin texture that doesn't really look very good.

I know I am a little behind but does this mean Super7 has the license for Marvel Conan characters? I know people are disappointed with the version of Conan they went with but I for one am a huge Barry Windsor-Smith fan and love that they used his version. Obviously they'll make a more Frank Frazetta or John Buscema version in the future. I will be amazed if they make a Barry Smith Red Sonja but we'll see. The Esteban Maroto Red Sonja would make more sense.

I know I am a little behind but does this mean Super7 has the license for Marvel Conan characters? I know people are disappointed with the version of Conan they went with but I for one am a huge Barry Windsor-Smith fan and love that they used his version. Obviously they'll make a more Frank Frazetta or John Buscema version in the future. I will be amazed if they make a Barry Smith Red Sonja but we'll see. The Esteban Maroto Red Sonja would make more sense.

I'd be very much down with all that. I'm cool with the Barry Windsor-Smith choice too but he looks very weird with them big feet and narrow head. Hope they fix it.

BWS...yeah not really a fan of his stuff from that period....stiff figure work and wonky facial proportions but I digress....

If Super 7 making MOTUC style characters is a regular thing now, hope they look into pursuing something with the Frazetta estate. I'd love to see Death Dealer and Fire & Ice characters in the MOTUC style. I'd actually prefer that over a Frazetta Conan.

Aren't the Ultimates supposed to be shipping out this month? Anyone get theirs yet?

My Ultimate He-Man showed up in the mail today. No email or notification. Had no idea what was delivered to me until I opened it. Looks really nice.

20190225_102337.jpg

20190225_102315.jpg

20190225_102257.jpg

This is only the 3rd figure I've ever bought from this line. Bought He-Man (2nd release) and Battle Cat waaay back when Matty collector had it as a special at only $35 for both!!. What a great deal that was. Sorry I never got Skeletor. I didn't want to miss out on the cartoon version a 2nd time since these things skyrocket on the secondary market after release. Never opened any. Figured one day I'd display them with my original vintage He-Man figures from when I was a kid.

I hope they revisit the Thundercats and re-release Lion-O. The only other figure I ever wanted.

My Ultimate He-Man showed up in the mail today. No email or notification. Had no idea what was delivered to me until I opened it. Looks really nice.

View attachment 445762

View attachment 445763

View attachment 445764

This is only the 3rd figure I've ever bought from this line. Bought He-Man (2nd release) and Battle Cat waaay back when Matty collector had it as a special at only $35 for both!!. What a great deal that was. Sorry I never got Skeletor. I didn't want to miss out on the cartoon version a 2nd time since these things skyrocket on the secondary market after release. Never opened any. Figured one day I'd display them with my original vintage He-Man figures from when I was a kid.

I hope they revisit the Thundercats and re-release Lion-O. The only other figure I ever wanted.

Nice! I'm on the east coast too, so I should have Skeletor soon.

I couldn't miss yet another opportunity to own Filmation He-Man and Skeletor so I just ordered set from BBTS. How much did these retail for from Super7?

I wanna say $35? but shipping was bad at I think $12. It was $47 total for 1 figure. Why I almost passed. So BBTS price isn't too bad when you factored in the high shipping cost from Super 7.

Is it the Grayskull filmation version?
Very disappointed... thought they were dispatched in the art box...

And the plastic seems very shiny.
:thud:

Still waiting for my Filmation set,plus Faker (ultimate He-man). Never order right away because apparently that puts you in the very back of the line. I really hate Super7's ordering system and their super slow shipping process.

I wanna say $35? but shipping was bad at I think $12. It was $47 total for 1 figure. Why I almost passed. So BBTS price isn't too bad when you factored in the high shipping cost from Super 7.

Oh okay, sweet. And BBTS let me pay a few bucks for "Collector Grade" cards which I actually don't mind paying so getting them both for under $100 total sounds acceptable enough.

I'll probably keep cherry-picking figures through BBTS since I don't know that I've seen a wave where I've wanted every single figure in it.

Got mine today (please excuse the ****** phone pics)...

IMG_20190301_014602.jpg
IMG_20190301_015328.jpg IMG_20190301_015154.jpg

I'm glad to have him and he looks cool and all, but $47 is a bit much. Should've been priced around $25/$30 SHIPPED. I can't imagine anyone paying $100 + secondary market prices for these... I always wanted a decent cartoon Skeletor though, so what the hell.

Luckily I'm not interested in any of the others. I might pick up a movie Skeletor, but that's it.

Is it the Grayskull filmation version?
Very disappointed... thought they were dispatched in the art box...

And the plastic seems very shiny.
:thud:

The regular Club Grayskull figures come in the window boxes, however the Ultimates for both Classics (aka Collector’s Choice) and Club Grayskull all have been packaged in the vintage style packages.

You’re right, the shininess of the plastic seems to still be an issue. It’s something that they’ve received multiple complaints over. I think in one of the monthly Q&As, they said that they were working on trying to improve the appearance so it didn’t look as shiny. Seems like they still have some work to do there. It seems most noticeable on characters that are flesh colored, IMO.

Back