Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my problem with it is that I don't really like the translucent flesh tone plastic on the female figures and prefer the painted style of the old Mattel ones. Oh well.

Okay, so.... yeah... her lips in particular are bad. Which is weird as there are sculpted edges right there to follow. The blue paint not coming down to the obvious sculpted line near her bust is also frustrating. It's annoying the females keep getting the short end of the stick. At least her legs look better than Teela's. I think with some red paint and maybe a coat over her face to dull the shininess I'll be happy with this figure. But these things aren't cheap. I hope they kick up their QC even further.

I'm HOPING it's possible to pull Mer-man's head up some to make him look less neckless.

She is also far shorter than Teela who was already too short.

She is also far shorter than Teela who was already too short.

Oh really? How weird. It's like the opposite problem of the other Classics where sometimes it seemed like the female figures were a bit too tall.

View attachment 425768

Okay, so.... yeah... her lips in particular are bad. Which is weird as there are sculpted edges right there to follow. The blue paint not coming down to the obvious sculpted line near her bust is also frustrating. It's annoying the females keep getting the short end of the stick. At least her legs look better than Teela's. I think with some red paint and maybe a coat over her face to dull the shininess I'll be happy with this figure. But these things aren't cheap. I hope they kick up their QC even further.

I'm HOPING it's possible to pull Mer-man's head up some to make him look less neckless.

The fact that I haveordered her twice because the proto looked so good is making me even more angry. It isnsimpky not a good figure and not worth the money. Huge disappointment, for me personally easily in the top 3 disappointments of MOTU Classic.

S7 is really not delivering on these Filmation figs. I would be really irritated if I didnt have a near complete collection of Mattel MOTUC so I see these as fun, side figures and I accept the faults that come with a side line.

S7 is really not delivering on these Filmation figs. I would be really irritated if I didnt have a near complete collection of Mattel MOTUC so I see these as fun, side figures and I accept the faults that come with a side line.

I have a little bit of the same attitude. But, the fact the female figures keep getting bungled is more galling by the fact that MOST of the other Filmation figures have been so good. The PowerCon exclusives, in particular, are pretty much perfect (at least the ones I got.)

Those particular characters should never have been exclusives in my opinion. I think Power-Con is taking the mick with that to be honest. Figures do look decent enough though.

Speaking of the Power Con Exclusives...this rather annoys me -:mad:

41338172_1770333226411364_8850548135164903424_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see one painted Kuzeh?

It’s in the works!!!

I have a little bit of the same attitude. But, the fact the female figures keep getting bungled is more galling by the fact that MOST of the other Filmation figures have been so good. The PowerCon exclusives, in particular, are pretty much perfect (at least the ones I got.)

Well... I just got both my sets of Wave 2...
Ugh... seriously quality just keeps getting worse... particularly on the Filmation/Grayskull ones

Besides the face and height of Sorceress, the torso and legs are wobbly and loose... it’s bad...

Then Tung Lasher’s head on mine, has some issue as it shows remains of some sort of glue that doesn’t allow the head to freely rotate in the peg... it’s weird because you can interchange heads but it just doesn’t move right, legs are very loose

Man-E-Faces is ok for the most part, but rotating the face is a bit tight and doesn’t move easily... I’m fearing paint will chip off if I change the faces too often...

Finally, this one bummed me so much...
Merman, loose joints, but the biggest problem in mine are the eyes...
No pupils... WTF?

Now, as far as Classics go, overall the wave is pretty solid... Granita has some issues but other than that, good figures!
I actually love Dylamug, great figure and such a crazy character

Not sure if we know this, but feels like all Filmation figures are being manufactured on a different factory, the plastics, designs and engineering feel so different and also qualitywise... not sure what S7s plans are but definitely not improving

I give them Kudos though for sending a replacement TriKlops head where the visor actually works!

Quick and dirty pics
9f811ac62804a21c82ccadd00ec977a6.jpg

3cdfc199bd1409522dfc472215c9d500.png

2fab0580abc232acdd1e70aa91d14000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait they sent replacement triklops heads? How do you get one? I never knew about it so I didn’t even bother asking.

Also I wonder why I haven’t gotten a shipping notice for wave 2. It’s been so long I had stopped even paying attention so I didn’t realize it was shipping out now.

Better off painting the pupils yourself instead of sending it back to super 7

Sorceress is now a dwarf...awesome!

It’s in the works!!!

Well... I just got both my sets of Wave 2...
Ugh... seriously quality just keeps getting worse... particularly on the Filmation/Grayskull ones

Besides the face and height of Sorceress, the torso and legs are wobbly and loose... it’s bad...

Then Tung Lasher’s head on mine, has some issue as it shows remains of some sort of glue that doesn’t allow the head to freely rotate in the peg... it’s weird because you can interchange heads but it just doesn’t move right, legs are very loose

Man-E-Faces is ok for the most part, but rotating the face is a bit tight and doesn’t move easily... I’m fearing paint will chip off if I change the faces too often...

Finally, this one bummed me so much...
Merman, loose joints, but the biggest problem in mine are the eyes...
No pupils... WTF?

Now, as far as Classics go, overall the wave is pretty solid... Granita has some issues but other than that, good figures!
I actually love Dylamug, great figure and such a crazy character

Not sure if we know this, but feels like all Filmation figures are being manufactured on a different factory, the plastics, designs and engineering feel so different and also qualitywise... not sure what S7s plans are but definitely not improving

I give them Kudos though for sending a replacement TriKlops head where the visor actually works!

Quick and dirty pics
9f811ac62804a21c82ccadd00ec977a6.jpg

3cdfc199bd1409522dfc472215c9d500.png

2fab0580abc232acdd1e70aa91d14000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same no-pupil problem with Man-At-Arms, I sent it back and they sent me a new one. I never did get Tri-Klops' visor to rotate.

The tri-klops visor was easy to fix using the hairdryer, pulling it off, and putting back on.Worked fine after that

Thanks. I had tried similar to no avail, and was concerned about damaging it, but i was twisting rather than trying to popping it off. I'll give that a shot.

Man, that sucks about Merman Kuzeh. Not happy about the loose joints either. I think this is the wave that will effect sale of the next wave sadly.

In other news, I am happy they are going to put vac metal on He-Ro. Twas a bit mental that they even considered not doing it.

I highly doubt that. Super 7 could package a turd with MOTU's logo on it and it will still sell.

Well if you are only looking at He-Man.org forums then I can see why you would say that.
But if you look across the Facebook groups and places like the Fwoosh, people are quite vocal about the quality and stating things like they "are out" etc.

Well I got mine yesterday and been opening them over the last two days. I will say that Sorceress aside and Merman's neck, that this wave does show a noted improvement. I am quite happy with these figures. The Filmation figures for the most part really tidy and most importantly very matt in their finish, which is something the one from Mattel really lacked. For such low in detail figures, they need to be super clean as S7 are nailing that. Sorceress will make you cry though as she is just one big fail in my opinion.
From he other ones I have just opened Karg so far and am really impressed with him. Hi colors and details are spot on and he has a great retro 80's B movie feel to him with that big hair.

I will say that I had to pay an extra $85 on import fees which makes for a very expensive set of what are basic figures which did sting a bit I will say. It's getting hard to justify that to be honest but I am a die hard collector so lets see what they will have at NYCC. So far it looks like we are egtting some new Netflix She-Ra stuff which I am excited about. :)

Back