Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read the update from Mattycollector, and while I know it may seduce some fans into giving the team a break, just remember that while they drop the word 'transparency' and update some figure issues, they DO NOT address the damage done to the Talon Fighter playset and Teela figure. Also, painting the line as that scrappy little fighter that is barely hanging in there doesn't quite ring true.

I see this property being licensed to multiple other companies and enoying a nostalgia renaissance and we keep hearing that screenplay and motion picture are just around the corner but supposedly you barely have the resources to keep the ship straight? I'll agree with them that profanity is out of line as well as empty threats but guess what else is out of line .. the very existence of Digital River. They mention going into meetings and seeing screenshots of all the terrible things said about them but I guess they don't look at any of the articulate, constructive criticism regarding how their products are distributed, the design choices and so on. Over the years I've read some great, thoughtful feedback from some fans, so don't paint all of them as potty-mouthed ogres.

Between being butt hurt over what people say, lacking the support that a major line has from the company and effectively saying that mistakes will continue because that's just the nature of beast, I'd say their update today was a wonderful way of saying "don't subscribe anymore" right? If everything I read from the company in that statement is accurate, the line doesn't mean enough to the company bottom line and the Filmation series will not be spared any of the trials it's counterparts have endured.

This message from Matty has the exact opposite reaction of inspiring excitement for upcoming product. Instead, it has me wondering why Mattel makes toys anymore? It's obviously such a hard, thankless business that has shareholders and designers sharing kleenex because we are so vitriolic.

So if you've read the update, you know you have been put on notice by Mattel. And Matty has had enough already. He's sick of your damn emails!

If they can't seem to ignore negative or angry posts on social media or online forums then they need to quit looking at them. There are always going to be over-the-top negatively charged people in any fan base of this size. There was really no reason to address that in my opinion because it's only going to give those people more fuel for the fire.

Just read the update from Mattycollector, and while I know it may seduce some fans into giving the team a break, just remember that while they drop the word 'transparency' and update some figure issues, they DO NOT address the damage done to the Talon Fighter playset and Teela figure. Also, painting the line as that scrappy little fighter that is barely hanging in there doesn't quite ring true.

I see this property being licensed to multiple other companies and enoying a nostalgia renaissance and we keep hearing that screenplay and motion picture are just around the corner but supposedly you barely have the resources to keep the ship straight? I'll agree with them that profanity is out of line as well as empty threats but guess what else is out of line .. the very existence of Digital River. They mention going into meetings and seeing screenshots of all the terrible things said about them but I guess they don't look at any of the articulate, constructive criticism regarding how their products are distributed, the design choices and so on. Over the years I've read some great, thoughtful feedback from some fans, so don't paint all of them as potty-mouthed ogres.

Between being butt hurt over what people say, lacking the support that a major line has from the company and effectively saying that mistakes will continue because that's just the nature of beast, I'd say their update today was a wonderful way of saying "don't subscribe anymore" right? If everything I read from the company in that statement is accurate, the line doesn't mean enough to the company bottom line and the Filmation series will not be spared any of the trials it's counterparts have endured.

This message from Matty has the exact opposite reaction of inspiring excitement for upcoming product. Instead, it has me wondering why Mattel makes toys anymore? It's obviously such a hard, thankless business that has shareholders and designers sharing kleenex because we are so vitriolic.

So if you've read the update, you know you have been put on notice by Mattel. And Matty has had enough already. He's sick of your damn emails!

good post....bottom line,corporations (they can pretend all they want) don't care about you and all they care about is your money and how they can cut costs and make inferior product to get it.

Just more smoke and mirrors. All this is, is them passing the buck once again. This time it's the fan's fault, oh wait... sorry, SOME of the fan's fault. LOL! I don't know who's the more obvious liar, Neitlich or this woman. I don't even know why they bother. The only people they have fooled are most of the Heman.org and matty forums members, and those fans don't equate to the majority of the customers who buy MOTUC products. I used to think Scott used to shoot himself in the foot a lot, SLC has shot off both of her feet, shins, and kneecaps at this point. LOL.

Anyone else notice that BigBadToyStore has the convention exclusives up for preorder? Did the organizers anticipate having that much stock left over? What the heck kind of condition will these exclusives be in when they finally ship?

Wow, I've been away for a few days and I cant believe no-one has posted at all. Anyway, slightly weird question. Has anyone who bought Stinkor noticed the stink making a comeback? Mine smelt at first but gradually got less intense, up to the point where I could only smell it up close. Well after a long weekend away my whole office and living room had a funky smell to them which turned out to be Stinkor. Hope it dies down again as my wife has been threatening to take matters into her own hands :monkey2

Okay, I'll post something.
Skeletor's Love Child has supposedly left Mattel either on her own accord or she was let go for unknown reasons.

Wow, I've been away for a few days and I cant believe no-one has posted at all. Anyway, slightly weird question. Has anyone who bought Stinkor noticed the stink making a comeback? Mine smelt at first but gradually got less intense, up to the point where I could only smell it up close. Well after a long weekend away my whole office and living room had a funky smell to them which turned out to be Stinkor. Hope it dies down again as my wife has been threatening to take matters into her own hands :monkey2

Same problem.

Moss Man amd Stinkor are destroying my whole collectionroom. Despite being in a cabinet the smell is so strongmthat my eyes start tearing. It is really terrible.

Has Matty Collector ever extended their subscriptions? At first I procrastinated saying next week, next week. Then during the last week I had so many things happening at work and home that I completely forgot about it and finally remembered the day after the oorder window closed. If not I guess it's off to EBay in 2016 to take a hit in the wallet to get these minus Evilseed and Clawful.

Yes. They have extended the sub at least once that I remember. I think it was the 2014 sub if I recall correctly. Mattel said that the sub did not initially meet the minimum number of subs so they opened the sub up again and after the extension there were enough to proceed. There may have been another time, but I can't remember.

Has Matty Collector ever extended their subscriptions? At first I procrastinated saying next week, next week. Then during the last week I had so many things happening at work and home that I completely forgot about it and finally remembered the day after the oorder window closed. If not I guess it's off to EBay in 2016 to take a hit in the wallet to get these minus Evilseed and Clawful.

Just call DR and tell them that there must be a mistake. Insist on the fact that you have entered your order but neither can find a completed order nor an order failure. Usually they will not discuss with you for too long but send you a link that will put a new order in your shopping card. DR usually sucks, but for issues like this they are easy to work with. However you have to CALL THEM BY PHONE! No email! :duff

Edit: stay friendly. Tell them about your beloved collection of 100+ figures and how sad it would be to miss these. ;)

Finally got around to opening Saurod. Great figure!

22141569364_6fa8c8e498_b.jpg

22143274333_24a24f6a9a_b.jpg

22764481645_a2432a9b59_b.jpg

22143458333_7ec59bc4c7_b.jpg

Back