Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most everybody is burnt out on this line....Negative nonsense?

Again, speak for yourself. Not everybody who has been with the line from the start is burnt out, and not everyone has been with the line from the beginning.

FACTS-
2015 wraps up the MOTU/POP Vintage line.Vintage collector's will be leaving in droves

Prices/taxes and shipping ARE OUT OF CONTROL and have been..Already a poster here said Lizard Man isn't worth $40+ dollars and will be done after 2015.Get a clue friend.I am reading this all over the place on the internet.

People hate Digital River and are tired of dealing with them.poster's are quitting the sub just because of them.

Yes,there are MANY more characters to do,but will people pay the price for them? I doubt it

ALL lines come to an End

This doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about. You're completely writing off the 2016 line without knowing anything about it. All of these are valid complaints about the current line, but we don't know what 2016 holds.

Son of He-man is a DUMB idea and Mattel shunned it for reason back in 89

If Mattel even goes the Son of He-Man route for 2016 (again, not guaranteed), we don't know what that would look like. For all you know 2016 is all Nu 52 figures or Filmation variants. And just because you think it's "dumb" does not make that a fact.

Again, speak for yourself. Not everybody who has been with the line from the start is burnt out, and not everyone has been with the line from the beginning.

This doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about. You're completely writing off the 2016 line without knowing anything about it. All of these are valid complaints about the current line, but we don't know what 2016 holds.

If Mattel even goes the Son of He-Man route for 2016 (again, not guaranteed), we don't know what that would look like. For all you know 2016 is all Nu 52 figures or Filmation variants. And just because you think it's "dumb" does not make that a fact.

Dude,you are like 1 of 10 people that thinks Son of He-Man is Cool :lol you're in the minority! that's a fact

you're complaining about negativity when I gave you REALITY and Facts about the line which is why I come to my conclusions.

Go to He-Man.org if you want happy,happy,joy,joy about how the line is going

You see? This is what I'm talking about. You have zero proof about what's going to be in the 2016 line, only your own skewed suspcisions. It could be 0 Son of He-Man, or 1-2 figures, if that. Either way, it's all SPECULATION. Not facts.

All I'm saying is to wait until there's some official announcement before saying whether 2016 will be good or bad.

proof is HIGHER PRICES,TAXES,SHIPPING AND Character selection which will not be as good as previous years with NO Original Vintage Characters to carry the line.

Dude,you are like 1 of 10 people that thinks Son of He-Man is Cool :lol you're in the minority! that's a fact

you're complaining about negativity when I gave you REALITY and Facts about the line which is why I come to my conclusions.

Go to He-Man.org if you want happy,happy,joy,joy about how the line is going

proof is HIGHER PRICES,TAXES,SHIPPING AND Character selection which will not be as good as previous years with NO Original Vintage Characters to carry the line.

Might as well be talking to a brick wall, your reading comprehension sucks...

Might as well be talking to a brick wall, your reading comprehension sucks...

so does yours,because you can't seem to understand Facts and my reasons for my conclusions of why a 2016 sub likely won't go through...you came after me friend with your boring accusations...I wonder when you have actually brought anything useful to this thread? you haven't!

Finally got around to checking out my Lizard Man and I have to say, not so much a fan. It looks so cartoony next to the other figures, more so than Fang Man. I guess my desire for Shadow Weaver and Scorpia as a kid may have blinded me but I think they fit in with the other figures perfectly. Not to get too much into the argument in this thread but Filmation figures, especially if they are re-dos of He-Man, etc. won't get me to subscribe. Prices are outrageous for this line anyway. I think they only thing that would get me to subscribe if a sub with all the new MOTUC mini comic characters (Lady Slither, Fang-Or, etc.) but I know I am probably in the minority for those.

This reminds me of Scott telling us how all of these D-list characters are "fan-demanded" and therefore justified in forcing them on subscribers. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the minor background characters such as Chief Carnivus, Demo-Man, Plundor, and Oo-Larr but I don't believe they would sell well enough on their own to keep the line going and that's why I think 2016 is dead in the water. The majority of fans will have what they want by the end of this year. I can't see Songster, shower power Catra, Nocturna, or Crackers the Clown getting people to part with their money.

This reminds me of Scott telling us how all of these D-list characters are "fan-demanded" and therefore justified in forcing them on subscribers. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the minor background characters such as Chief Carnivus, Demo-Man, Plundor, and Oo-Larr but I don't believe they would sell well enough on their own to keep the line going and that's why I think 2016 is dead in the water. The majority of fans will have what they want by the end of this year. I can't see Songster, shower power Catra, Nocturna, or Crackers the Clown getting people to part with their money.

but you don't know that..it's all Speculation!! ;) everything is peachy!

I think the point he was making is that your facts are fine, and your opinion may prove corrct, but it's just that..opinion. Until the sub goes up for sale and either does or does not go thru you can't know if it will or won't happen. Saying so is speculation. That's is point.

I think the point he was making is that your facts are fine, and your opinion may prove corrct, but it's just that..opinion. Until the sub goes up for sale and either does or does not go thru you can't know if it will or won't happen. Saying so is speculation. That's is point.

I agree,it's speculation, but its based on history and some facts for the conclusion...He didn't need to attack me,come after me by calling me immature, blah blah just because he is more optimistic about the line than me.I've been here a long time with this line (and this forum).I do (and others) happen to know just a little bit of what's going on :)

I've been with the line a long while as well. Been collecting motu since the first figure hit the shelves in 1980s. And with NA and 200x and with motuc. I've been on forums a long time as well. But that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme. Collecting and reading a fan forum doesn't mean you have inside info. If a guess turns out right doesn't mean it wasn't a guess. I'm not trying attack you or anyone else. I've worked in the toy industry, with sculptures, movies and TV and commercials. But that doesn't mean I know everything either. And I often get attacked or called out on things I have actually worked on. People are skeptical. Some anyway. There are a lot of people that claim to have special info. If you do indeed have some inside info then you may want to explain where or how that comes your way. Would make your points a but better. All I've seen from your posts is that you said you are a collector and you read the Internet. There's nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong. But, to be fair, everyone can do that. And if your here, you collect. That doesn't seperate you from anyone else. Again, I'm not attacking you, just asking questions and explaining things from an outside view. I had no dog in your argument. In fact if you read back a few pages I myself am feed up with how this line has been handled. And I've been in it as long as anyone possibly could be. From the first figure. I do have a bit of inside info based on old working relationships. Though most of the info I have is older, or old, because with this line there's not much new. Not news wise anyway.

I don't think he was "attacking" you for sport, or because he disagreed, but because you kept saying you had inside info and knew things and that you where right because of facts. People have said since the first subscription that the next one would not go thru...but they keep going. Those are facts as well. There are comics, TV commercials and movie news this year. Which is more promotion then motu has gotten since the start. Those or facts as well. I like both designs of Dare. That means there's more then just 1 person. Those are facts as well. My point is, both sides can come up with an equal number of facts. No single one trumping the others. And until the sub actually goes thru, no one knows if it will happen. To shout louder that your facts support our argument thus making it true won't make it so. I'm not siding with him or you. Only trying to explain what i see from the outside.

If you truly have an inside source then explain. You don't need to give personnel details or anything. But being a long time collector and forum member is not inside info. It's not even uncommon here. In fact it's pretty much the norm.

I've been with the line a long while as well. Been collecting motu since the first figure hit the shelves in 1980s. And with NA and 200x and with motuc. I've been on forums a long time as well. But that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme. Collecting and reading a fan forum doesn't mean you have inside info. If a guess turns out right doesn't mean it wasn't a guess. I'm not trying attack you or anyone else. I've worked in the toy industry, with sculptures, movies and TV and commercials. But that doesn't mean I know everything either. And I often get attacked or called out on things I have actually worked on. People are skeptical. Some anyway. There are a lot of people that claim to have special info. If you do indeed have some inside info then you may want to explain where or how that comes your way. Would make your points a but better. All I've seen from your posts is that you said you are a collector and you read the Internet. There's nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong. But, to be fair, everyone can do that. And if your here, you collect. That doesn't seperate you from anyone else. Again, I'm not attacking you, just asking questions and explaining things from an outside view. I had no dog in your argument. In fact if you read back a few pages I myself am feed up with how this line has been handled. And I've been in it as long as anyone possibly could be. From the first figure. I do have a bit of inside info based on old working relationships. Though most of the info I have is older, or old, because with this line there's not much new. Not news wise anyway.

I don't think he was "attacking" you for sport, or because he disagreed, but because you kept saying you had inside info and knew things and that you where right because of facts. People have said since the first subscription that the next one would not go thru...but they keep going. Those are facts as well. There are comics, TV commercials and movie news this year. Which is more promotion then motu has gotten since the start. Those or facts as well. I like both designs of Dare. That means there's more then just 1 person. Those are facts as well. My point is, both sides can come up with an equal number of facts. No single one trumping the others. And until the sub actually goes thru, no one knows if it will happen. To shout louder that your facts support our argument thus making it true won't make it so. I'm not siding with him or you. Only trying to explain what i see from the outside.

If you truly have an inside source then explain. You don't need to give personnel details or anything. But being a long time collector and forum member is not inside info. It's not even uncommon here. In fact it's pretty much the norm.

Do I really need "insider information" to see that the writing is on the wall for this line based on the facts given? Right now,you can clearly see folks are giving up on the line and are tired of the prices,Mattel and Digital River.The 2015 sub just barely made it,and you think 2016 will with a bunch of C and D list characters?

Yes,there is a select group of people that want some of these characters,but is there enough people to support it this time? I highly doubt it

Vintage MOTU is done after this year...I know plenty of people who are DONE! No more subbing anymore! that matters quite alot ;)

I also have been giving character "leaks" (that's my inside info) since the beginning (I have my ways and know some people,that's all I'll say) No,it hasn't been perfect but I've been right often

Do I really need "insider information" to see that the writing is on the wall for this line based on the facts given? Right now,you can clearly see folks are giving up on the line and are tired of the prices,Mattel and Digital River.The 2015 sub just barely made it,and you think 2016 will with a bunch of C and D list characters?

Yes,there is a select group of people that want some of these characters,but is there enough people to support it this time? I highly doubt it

Vintage MOTU is done after this year...I know plenty of people who are DONE! No more subbing anymore! that matters quite alot ;)

I also have been giving character "leaks" (that's my inside info) since the beginning (I have my ways and know some people,that's all I'll say) No,it hasn't been perfect but I've been right often

You have been given characters leak huh? Well if it was truly inside people leaking it then you would never be wrong. As those people that work directly on the line don't have to guess.

Do you need inside info? Nope. Not at all. In fact that was my point. But when you say you have inside info and then say that inside info is sometimes wrong, guesses, and because you collect a long time, well then yes, your going to get questioned. There are a few people on this forum that do in fact work for Mattel now, or in the past, and/or know the 4h from their McFarland days (they worked there at the same time my father, mother and and uncle did). When you say you have inside info, then say your only wrong sometimes...kinda kills your credibility. Because again, someone that actually worked on the line and was leaking info would know what is real and what isn't. So either your source is not reliable or something else is up. That's where the issues are bud.

As for your everyone is jumping off the line because all the vintage are done...you may be right. Of course a figure slated for 2015(we don't have even all of 2015 announced yet so saying you know for sure vintage will be done in 2015 is a guess) could easily get bumped to 2016. This would mean not all the vintage is done. On top of that if they announce some epic creature or castle (you think the sub wouldn't sell if they had a BaF with castle eternia?) or a movie or a thousand other things. I know people who didn't sub last year due to personal stuff but are planning to sub next. Another couple that didn't even know of motu till recently. Now excited to sub. Every year since 2008 people say its the last year. And guess what, nearly 8 years later the lines still going. That's longer then the vintage line. What did u say last year about the 2015 sub? Remember, I may have already checked. So don't fib.

Everyone's point has been, no matter what "facts" you use, you don't know for a FACT what is going to happen. You are speculation based on cherry picked info, that supports your argument, and inside info that you admit is wrong nearly as often as right. You see why people are saying slow down, wait and see, right?

Here I thought we were told this was the final year for MOTUC and I felt super guilt ed into buying into it. I haven't collected these for a couple years but thought I could get a sub and just even out selling my monthly figs to help the fans get the line complete.... and there's talk of a 2016 year? I guess it wasn't the entire truth and told from a different point of view.

I'm gonna be lucky if I even break even now and I sure as hell am not being put in this situation for next year and listening to Scott's pity video at the end of this year. Shame on me...

Here I thought we were told this was the final year for MOTUC and I felt super guilt ed into buying into it. I haven't collected these for a couple years but thought I could get a sub and just even out selling my monthly figs to help the fans get the line complete.... and there's talk of a 2016 year? I guess it wasn't the entire truth and told from a different point of view.

I'm gonna be lucky if I even break even now and I sure as hell am not being put in this situation for next year and listening to Scott's pity video at the end of this year. Shame on me...

Apparently it's the last year of MOTUC. But it could be rebranded in some way in 2016.

I'm working on a statue (custom) of sorceress and don't know exactly what color to do the lips, or if I should do like eyeliner on the eyes or what. The 80s figure and the filmation cartoon versions both had these bright red lips. And I'm kinda going with an updated 80s style. Any advice?

"Son of" spinoffs are always weak. Doesn't matter what the design is, it's a lame idea.

Moreso my problem was that he was acting like he knew the 2016 lineup (and from there could predict the fate of the line). Simple fact of the matter is, no one really knows what 2016 will look like until Mattel makes the announcement (probably at SDCC). Heck, things could totally change between now and then. But really, as you can see for yourself, he has no interest in hearing or trying to understand anything that might challenge his own opinion (and indeed he seems to willfully misinterpret things), so it's not really worth trying to get through to him (I've already wasted enough mental energy on it).

For what it's worth, I agree that if Mattel continues down the path they're on (subscription model with the same number as SKUs and subs required as 2015) that they won't get enough subscriptions for 2016 to get 100% (although they would probably let the line through anyway like they've done with DC, and cut any large non-sub items). However, based on comments that they made in the last WTFWTK and other places, I think they recognize this, and 2016 will likely have less SKUs and offerings to attempt to draw in old fans (likely at least 2.0 and/or Filmation variants of characters like He-Man, Teela, Beast Man, etc).

I think if they lower the minimum number of subs required to hit 100% (right now AFAIK they're operating at "tier 2", so if they drop to tier 1), that there's still going to be enough fans left over to get a sub through. A lot of people are dropping off, but there's a core base of hardcore fans that I think will pretty much keep the line going indefinitely. My guess is that if they continue on the path they're on, they'll see about 50% of the people that were willing to sub for 2015 sub for 2016, which I think should be enough for a subscription without a ton of SKUs or tooling.

"Son of" spinoffs are always weak. Doesn't matter what the design is, it's a lame idea.

False. In comics, for example, there's been many, many times when the mantle has been successfully passed down to a new generation. Having someone younger from a different upbringing take on the powers opens a whole new world of story telling. Sometimes fans hate it, but if done right it can certainly be successful. It's not "always" weak, unless all you're looking at is crap like James Bond, Jr. Heck, He-Man himself is the "Son of Randor," does that make He-Man lame?

I think what really bugs a lot of people is the idea that He-Man would be going away entirely, but he's not. The only real difference we would see is in the MOTUC mini comics and maybe a few extra figures in line. He-Man would even still be there as King He-Man in a more Randor type role, and still get to kick ass every once in a while (and I suspect that a King He-Man would more of a battle king than Randor). Dare could be an interesting character, because unlike to Adam, the power isn't a total mystery. Also, Adam was forging his own path with the power, with no real precedent, while Dare would have He-Man's legacy to look back upon, while at the same time have King He-Man there for guidance (and casting a wide shadow over Dare). His personality and his struggles would be totally different from Adam's, and I think there's a lot of potential there for neat story telling and struggle while we watch how someone totally new deals with taking up the Power of Grayskull.

I don't think there's anything to worry about, it's not like He-Man is going away any time soon - the Son of He-Man story line would just be a way to push the MOTUC story line into the next logical step. Really, I see it as an excuse to make some cool new figures. A new generation of Masters, as well as new designs for old favorites (Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, etc). Any new media (movies, comics, TV shows, etc) would and should still be on Adam/He-Man. I just see Son of He-Man as something to flesh out for hardcore fans who have been wondering (potentially for 20+ years) exactly how the He-Man story line would/could continue after New Adventures. I think they should still have stories with He-Man, I think they should have stories about Powers of Grayskull era, and just the same I think they should keep pushing the timeline forward, and show us what happens after King He-Man takes up the throne.

Wonder how Mattel's CEO stepping down and Barbie tanking compared to the Frozen dolls, will effect MOTU in the future?

Back