Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of head shots of He-Man and Skeletor

DSCN0090_zpseed67fdf.jpg

DSCN0091_zps16446564.jpg

Found the seller and scrolled through all their items still cant find the Battle Ram though. I had a similar problem a few weeks ago when a Hot Toys accessory wouldn't show up in a search for me. Maybe it's because I'm in the UK :dunno

Thanks anyway :)

EDIT: Went to ebay.com and found it in about 10 seconds! Weird that the UK site showed some of his stuff but not the Battle Ram...

Decided to do a photo shoot inspired by the Toy-r-us two pack of He-man and Superman, it would have worked better with sideshow's new superman but I work with what I got:wink1:

DSCN0166_zps46576c3b.jpg

DSCN0165_zpse516b431.jpg

DSCN0167_zpscd08b13c.jpg

RSCN0171_zps89a48544.jpg

DSCN0168_zpsa3c484e4.jpg

DSCN0160_zps74e2b004.jpg

DSCN0161_zps209275f4.jpg

DSCN0162_zps288c7e81.jpg

DSCN0163_zpsa7f464e0.jpg

It's sad that heman is only a little less then half the cost of that MOS superman. The HT stuff is so much better. I hope they get to a new MOTU movie and maybe let HOt Toys get a license of it to see how great a hot toys heman and skeletor would be. If only....

I do think the 12 inch figures look pretty good for what they are. But hot toys has really spoiled my figure collecting. They are just so much better. And I've always been a MIB guy because I love the package art almost as much as the figures. (On top of being the only way to really maintain the value) but with hot toys the packaging lets me open and then if I want put it back in and there is no real damage so the box is still pristine. I really wish Mattel would try this 1/6 high end approach or get the dang movie moving. If there can be a Battleship movie and a new TMNT movie and an upcoming candy land..motu dang well better get one. Lol

It's sad that heman is only a little less then half the cost of that MOS superman. The HT stuff is so much better. I hope they get to a new MOTU movie and maybe let HOt Toys get a license of it to see how great a hot toys heman and skeletor would be. If only....

I do think the 12 inch figures look pretty good for what they are. But hot toys has really spoiled my figure collecting. They are just so much better. And I've always been a MIB guy because I love the package art almost as much as the figures. (On top of being the only way to really maintain the value) but with hot toys the packaging lets me open and then if I want put it back in and there is no real damage so the box is still pristine. I really wish Mattel would try this 1/6 high end approach or get the dang movie moving. If there can be a Battleship movie and a new TMNT movie and an upcoming candy land..motu dang well better get one. Lol

:goodpost:

I can't argue with any of that, well said as my issues with the giants is the packaging not being collector friendly and the price, they should be about 50 dollars tops. Just about every toy company that makes collector toys over charges by at least 30 percent over what the retail price should be, its an annoying trend and only getting worse:(

That aside these giants are not meant to be posed alone side the ultra high end figures like hot toys, I was just having fun:monkey3 There charm and nostalgia is what there all about, to be honest it has been quite refreshing collecting them, its nice to get something different that not only gives you a sense of nostalgia but that's also display worthy to, the giant size is a perfect fit for my collection and really pops in my display.

DSCN0152_zps3e8c5e31.jpg

Thanks, I ordered the rest of the line, hope to see more of these in 2015!
Very nice and congrats.
Decided to do a photo shoot inspired by the Toy-r-us two pack of He-man and Superman, it would have worked better with sideshow's new superman but I work with what I got:wink1:

DSCN0166_zps46576c3b.jpg

DSCN0165_zpse516b431.jpg

DSCN0167_zpscd08b13c.jpg

RSCN0171_zps89a48544.jpg

DSCN0168_zpsa3c484e4.jpg

DSCN0160_zps74e2b004.jpg

DSCN0161_zps209275f4.jpg

DSCN0162_zps288c7e81.jpg

DSCN0163_zpsa7f464e0.jpg

Very cool man and those pics are excellent :clap

I know what you are saying. About them not real designed to be competing with hot toys. But it's what I collect. Motu and HT. (As for figures)

I was just comment on my thoughts about the comparison between what Mattel calls adult collectors toys and hot toys.

I agree that the 12 inch motu figures are cool. Got them myself. I love motu. Just would like motu hot toys. Or at least quality level equals. Lol

I know what you are saying. About them not real designed to be competing with hot toys. But it's what I collect. Motu and HT. (As for figures)

I was just comment on my thoughts about the comparison between what Mattel calls adult collectors toys and hot toys.

I agree that the 12 inch motu figures are cool. Got them myself. I love motu. Just would like motu hot toys. Or at least quality level equals. Lol

I know, everyone wants there favorite lines to get the hot toys treatment, problem is unless a new movie is made that will not happen and even then most you would get out of the line would be he-man and skeletor, forget getting any side characters.

I just want to see a couple of more waves of the giants, another 8 figures would be perfect to get all the well known characters like trap jaw, merman, man at arms, faker, prince Adam, evil Lynn, zodac and many faces or ram man.

I know, everyone wants there favorite lines to get the hot toys treatment, problem is unless a new movie is made that will not happen and even then most you would get out of the line would be he-man and skeletor, forget getting any side characters.

I just want to see a couple of more waves of the giants, another 8 figures would be perfect to get all the well known characters like trap jaw, merman, man at arms, faker, prince Adam, evil Lynn, zodac and many faces or ram man.

Yep I know it will take a movie.

But as for which characters they would make...that would have more to do with the success of the movie. If the movie did huge numbers they would do more characters. Like say GotG. And others.

I don't care if it's hot toys per se. Though they would be my preference. But just that quality and type. 1:6 adult collector figures. Mattel could do it as far as I'm concerned. Just don't have much faith in them doing it well.

As for the 12 inch line. I hope everyone that wants them gets every figure they want. I've never been a person that whines about some figure getting made that I don't want. All I gotta do if I don't want it is not buy it. But if someone else did want it and it didn't get made they have no options. So I hope every person gets every figure they want. However...I do also understand why most figures don't get made.

Yep I know it will take a movie.

But as for which characters they would make...that would have more to do with the success of the movie. If the movie did huge numbers they would do more characters. Like say GotG. And others.

I don't care if it's hot toys per se. Though they would be my preference. But just that quality and type. 1:6 adult collector figures. Mattel could do it as far as I'm concerned. Just don't have much faith in them doing it well.

As for the 12 inch line. I hope everyone that wants them gets every figure they want. I've never been a person that whines about some figure getting made that I don't want. All I gotta do if I don't want it is not buy it. But if someone else did want it and it didn't get made they have no options. So I hope every person gets every figure they want. However...I do also understand why most figures don't get made.

Your right, it would depend on the success of the movie on how many figure would get made, just Hot toys track record of usually doing the main characters and then moving on the next project, there are exceptions to that but not many. As for this movie you speak of I've only heard random rumblings myself, is there anything solid in the works?

I wonder who could fill the role of He-man these days, not many well built actors with the right look for that role I could think of off hand, maybe Josh Holloway or maybe even Chris Hemsworth:dunno

Hemsworth has publicly been asked about MOTU and he-man and said the character would be to close to thor for him to do it he thought.

The film has a director and has done preproduction and a couple of script rewrites.

Nothing more then pre-pre production stuff though. But it's gotten a director assigned and a couple script writers and paid for script rewrites so the studio is serious enough to pay some money for not only the rights but script work and some production stuff. But its a very slow moving production at this point. Who knows if it ever gets made. I am hoping though.

Hot Toys of the original MOTU movie would be hella sick. If nothing else, the costumes were gorgeous.

Back