Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never really thought too much about it but in talking to my friend, who knows about ecommerce (he works as a programmer for a fairly large webstore). I mentioned the crazy hidden costs in shipping and how I just realized that the shipping is included in the taxable total. So not only do you pay $8-12 in shipping for one figure but you're also paying another $.56-$.84 in taxes on that shipping.

He asked if they have a brick and mortar store in FL since that's the only reason they'd have been charging me tax all these years. As far as I know they don't have any brick and mortar stores… which means they shouldn't be charging anyone any tax. I think they even charge Canadians sales tax (not sure about that though).

It's entirely possible, and I wouldn't put it past them, that they're just pocketing that sales tax they're charging us since they have no obligation to give any of it to the government.

This is all just conjecture though. Maybe since they sell products in physical stores through another party (walmart/target/tru/etc) that constitutes the same thing as having their own store. I am by no means an expert on tax law. I just have never heard anyone even bring this up.

I've said this many times before as it was already admitted by Toyguru that Digital River charges a fee to the customer to help pay for materials and warehouse storage costs along with a shipping and handling fee.......why do you think DR won't combine shipping or upgrade their software to combine orders.....because DR gets paid a fee for EVERY box they pack and ship.This is how DR makes their money as the shipping vendor that they are and of course,the customer picks up the tab.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of the shipping BS. The tax thing is just another thing where I suspect shenanigans and I have never really thought about that.

Post SDCC lull?

Kowlometer is at 68%. Not sure if that is updated from last week or not. I'm confident this will hit 100% with 2 weeks left to get there. There's always a surge the last few days and the percentage was lower at this point the last couple years.

just placed a SDCC Hordak and Doomsday order. Its been awhile since I've had to do the 10AM sharp Matty orders. This one went smooth, got both no problem. Now those stressful right on the moment orders are reserved for thousand dollar Rainman customs lol

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand other times and my apologies in advance, but anyone have any idea if Mattel plans on re-releasing Skeletor or Beast Man? Six years later and I finally, FINALLY, picked up a Classics He-Man.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand other times and my apologies in advance, but anyone have any idea if Mattel plans on re-releasing Skeletor or Beast Man? Six years later and I finally, FINALLY, picked up a Classics He-Man.

Not any time soon. Skeletor was released as an "evergreen" figure and was available on the site pretty constantly for quite a while. But he sold out a while back, now. With 2014 and 2015, it seems like all production is focused on finishing the line versus re-producing any of the older figures. Of course, they could always throw a surprise at us.

unless they sell these at retail (which is doubtful)....Skeletor and Beast Man are retired

Matty just announced no day of sale for Ninjor

10562597_10152610499159844_5670439177803477293_o.jpg

Last edited:
The no day of sale tactic has really lost most of its impact by this point. I'm sure I'll be able to pick one up within 18 months on a normal sale day.

The no day of sale tactic has really lost most of its impact by this point. I'm sure I'll be able to pick one up within 18 months on a normal sale day.

:exactly:
This. Seahawk was the only figure I really wanted from the Filmation sub last year, so there was no way I was going to get the mini-sub. I was easily able to pick him up in June when they sold their customer service stock. "No day of sale" is really only hurting themselves. Collectors who don't want to sub are going to find a way to still get the figures they do want. I understand their desire for subscription sales to guarantee the tooling money to make the figures they want to make, how they want to make them; but keeping the more desirable figures "sub only" doesn't really help their bottom line and I feel is one of the big contributors to killing this line off... I don't want to say early, because it has been a good long run. But let's say killing this line... earlier than it needed to be.

Agreed. I imagine Fisto is more rough and rugged as compared to He-Man. He probably refers to him as laddy. He's probably fathered a bunch of kids, too. He either has a boisterous attitude like Gimli or the Scotsman from Samurai Jack or he is proud and solitary like Shrek.

MOTUCMinicomicsSub3.jpg

I think of Vena and King Grayskull and have wondered in the past how they hooked up. I was thinking of Oo-Larr's story of how he saved the Goddess and the picture becomes clear. She might not have only gave him magical weapons but also her heart. It's like many a fairytale/Conan story; brave hero saves damsel in distress and they fall in love. Why not here?

Sorry to go off topic but sitting here at home sick and unable to go to work the mind drifts. Sometimes about the back stories in MOTU.

640px-King_Grayskull.JPG

Matty just announced no day of sale for Ninjor

Of course they did!

Well, as much as I dislike this tactic, I am happy I will be getting him no problem. He's a favourite of mine, and looks great here.

Thanks for the info, guys. Maybe, one day, I can get a new Beast Man for less than $150.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in some kind of "best of" reissue capacity. Maybe at retail, who knows.

zombihamma and Alvis Underground Customs (Conan,Minotaur,Unmasked Un-named One,Filmation Hordak and Blackstar)

100_6737.JPG100_6740.JPG100_6739.JPG100_6736.JPG

The minotaur custom is definitely my favourite, the massive battle axe fits the character really well :drool That Hordak head is a BIG improvement but the armour still makes it look like a bit of a lazy interpretation of Filmation Hordak to me.

Back