Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think if Mattel is going to spend money on a big ticket item, they will probably go the safe route of the Battle Ram since it already has the Sky Sled tooled or Stridor/Night Stalker since they could share a lot of tooling. I could also see a Talon Fighter/Point Dread to go with Castle Grayskull but that's a little more out there. I would like a Grayskull accessory set or Skeletor's throne before this line wraps up, but they could be really overpriced with all the new tooling required.

not 100% confirmed no,but pretty close....you definitely can expect figures of Multi-bot,Saurod,Ninjor,Sssqueeze,Blast Attak,Dragstor,Mara,Angella,Peekablue,Perfuma,Lizard Man,Huntara....that's almost all of them ;)....then there is Dylamug too...this lineup is basically scraping at the bottom of the barrel

Gwildor and Tung Lashor are to show up this year...along with Mermista,Enarrow,Spinnerella,Granita or NA She-ra

Thanks man.

Yeah, I'd agree that the none approach the "must have" status of guys like Ram Man, but there's still enough original vintage figures and/or Filmation, etc. characters that I'm down for most of them.

someone played detective and discovered this

"Last night there were 4,156 subs in stock. This morning there are 4,147. Little birdie enjoys playing with bugs and will keep an eye on this one."

Seems like the Sub numbers are about 5,000-6,000 total needed to go into production

someone played detective and discovered this

"Last night there were 4,156 subs in stock. This morning there are 4,147. Little birdie enjoys playing with bugs and will keep an eye on this one."

Seems like the Sub numbers are about 5,000-6,000 total needed to go into production

That would match up with what Rueben let slip at PowerCon last year. He said they made 5,000 of each MOTUC figure.

That would match up with what Rueben let slip at PowerCon last year. He said they made 5,000 of each MOTUC figure.

5,000 units each are definitely low numbers....I just wished every character that got made would reflect that for the re-sell value.Maybe MOTU just isn't as big as fans want to believe it is

Well, I think we've basically dwindled to the core group. I've heard at it's peak MOTUC was selling 15-20,000 per figure. But I think a lot of that were more casual collectors and re-sellers. So I think more and more what's left are the people who are more all-in. Or close to all-in. It's not bad numbers for a collector's property that was handled pretty poorly by Mattel in the past. It'd be a nightmare to rely on that group at retail, of course. But, it's a tribute to the fans of MOTU that there is such a dedicated base. And also makes it rather miraculous that Mattel bothers to turn on the machines, frankly, if the levels really are that low. Although I'm sure the main motivation was to keep the brand active while waiting for the movie to come to fruition.

Battle Ram Chariot is Trademarked

This? Why?

36335-2.jpg

I would have guessed that's just what they're calling the other piece of the Battle Ram that the "Sky Sled" attaches to.

The Chariot is still one of the coolest things they did in 200X. Wish I still had mine.

I would have guessed that's just what they're calling the other piece of the Battle Ram that the "Sky Sled" attaches to.

exactly...if it gets made,it will be Classic but probably called Battle Ram Chariot,though the original "Battle Ram" name is available

5,000 units each are definitely low numbers....I just wished every character that got made would reflect that for the re-sell value.Maybe MOTU just isn't as big as fans want to believe it is

I wonder if some of the less popular characters everyone is clamoring to sell off now will be more expensive and desirable down the road... 5,000 isn't a particularly high number, won't be that many to go around compared to the main guys...

Really am thinking of re visiting my childhood and start collecting these. This was may favourite show growing up.
Just curious, any Uk collectors here ? any tips on the best place to buy these...?

Really am thinking of re visiting my childhood and start collecting these. This was may favourite show growing up.
Just curious, any Uk collectors here ? any tips on the best place to buy these...?

I'm UK based and to be honest you're going to pay a major premium to get core characters mate :( Ebay is probably your best bet, ask around to see who is willing to combine shipping and lower the value stated to below £25 and mark it as a gift on the packaging. Then order several figures in one purchase. This will save you an extra 20% tariff added to the item cost plus a fee of around £8-£12. On the other hand if you don't mind loose figures you could probably get most of the characters from ebay UK as interest dies down after the line ends.

The second strategy would be a lot cheaper but take much more patience. I've been waiting for a Castle Grayskull priced below £320 for about 3 months and counting! You'll get lucky eventually though :)

Or maybe they are offering one as part of the rumored 200x sub?

man, that would be a serious kick in the pants to vintange fans. And a major boost to the 200x fans ( of which TG is one of)

I think it's VERY likely.

Might even come packaged with a 200x-themed Skeletor head.

I'm UK based and to be honest you're going to pay a major premium to get core characters mate :( Ebay is probably your best bet, ask around to see who is willing to combine shipping and lower the value stated to below £25 and mark it as a gift on the packaging. Then order several figures in one purchase. This will save you an extra 20% tariff added to the item cost plus a fee of around £8-£12. On the other hand if you don't mind loose figures you could probably get most of the characters from ebay UK as interest dies down after the line ends.

The second strategy would be a lot cheaper but take much more patience. I've been waiting for a Castle Grayskull priced below £320 for about 3 months and counting! You'll get lucky eventually though :)

Thanks mate. I have been looking on ebay to get an idea. Like you say, some are cheap but some are pretty steep. To be honest, im not worried about boxes... Im just thinking of doing some kind of dio display possibly in a perspex box. I do love the way these are an upgrade from the originals yet still look very much like them in a retro sense :)
We do seem to get ripped off here in the Uk dont we lol.

I think I'm looking at SDCC reveals with an open mind. On the one hand, I feel like I'm done with MOTUC. There are only going to be a handful of characters I'm going to want and the vintage characters left are not ones I feel like I HAVE to have anyway. On the other hand, I thought the same thing last year and ended up wanting most of what was revealed, and don't regret subbing this year at all. I think Mattel is going to really have to wow me to convince me to sub. And if they just try to scare me into subbing instead... well for me personally, they really don't have anything left to do that with.

I still think they'd make a killing making a Best Of type series. Release 2-packs of Teela and He-man, Beast Man and Skeletor, Fisto with ..., Scareglow with ... etc.

It would force people to buy a figure they already had to get the rarer more popular figures.

Back