Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between Grayskull-gate and the crappy way they handled this year's Cyber-Monday, they are not doing themselves any favors for the 2015 sub… people are just tired of dealing with all the DR crap despite Mattel saying they'll fix things…

Pretty sure 2014 will be the last sub year for the line...

IMO 2014 is the last year of the Sub..

there has been too much Bullcrap going onlately with DR and the character selection will not hold up sales-wise...like I said,all the most important figures are done after two-bad and modulok

what is left? Rio-Blast,Ninjor,Dragstor (and Tung Lashor if they remove him out of the '14 sub) I'll buy day of sale or BBTS/Ebay for those

Conan custon almost done...I might experiment with Vikor's buck too

You know, the 4 Horsemen usually do good work. But everything else about this line is just crap! They do a terrible job at everything!

Yeah, 2014 is the last full year. That's that.

Somehow, I think they'll manage to pull a 2015 sub out of most of us, but that should be it.

These types of complaints are nothing new, after all. I realize there aren't many - if any - heavy hitters left, but I think the Four Horsemen will surprise us...

I agree, I do see 2015 squeaking through, even if just barely. As of right now, I think the only way I personally would get a 2015 sub is if they didn't do Tung Lashor this year and he wasn't revealed at San Diego. With everyone that I still kind of wanted coming in 2014, I'm not sure if there is anyone else I absolutely have to have to commit to the full sub. Though, who knows, they might surprise us with some amazing reveals at next years con. At this point, they kind of have to, to still catch the interest of the "on the fence" collector.

the more i think about it, i think tounge lasher and rio blast will be 2015 sub bait.

and for 2016, i think they'll go full on 200x, and have mroe sub numbers than ever before :lol

I'm going to have to go back through this thread and just see what's out there, as I'm so outta the loop.

When MOTU returned with the Four Horsemen, I bought up every one I could and then my interest waned. Somehow the magic of the first just wasn't recreated for me, despite the gorgeous sculpting. Not only did I end up selling all of them in one large lot, but I decided to let a little piece (well, a big piece) of my childhood go and sold the lot of my original MOTU, too!

Now, all I've kept (and proudly display) are my original Skeletor/Panthor and He-Man/Battlecat here at work. Everytime I look at them I feel 8 years old again. :)

Somehow, I think they'll manage to pull a 2015 sub out of most of us, but that should be it.

These types of complaints are nothing new, after all. I realize there aren't many - if any - heavy hitters left, but I think the Four Horsemen will surprise us...

Most of us might not be enough. Things were tight this year. I also predict that many people who bought multiples will drop down to 1, which would really hurt the numbers.

I expect 2015 will miss the target, but get pushed through.

I'm sure Mattel will make whatever they show at SDCC 2014 even if the sub doesn't go through, similar to what they did for DCIE for next year. We all know they could put certain vintage figures up for day of sale only, just like they did in 2009, and those would sell out no problem. I'm talking about Ninjor, Rio Blast, Squeeze, and Dragstor. They would have to forget about POP, NA, and probably Filmation. I really don't think those would sell out without the subscription considering who is left from those factions.

I'm sure Mattel will make whatever they show at SDCC 2014 even if the sub doesn't go through, similar to what they did for DCIE for next year. We all know they could put certain vintage figures up for day of sale only, just like they did in 2009, and those would sell out no problem. I'm talking about Ninjor, Rio Blast, Squeeze, and Dragstor. They would have to forget about POP, NA, and probably Filmation. I really don't think those would sell out without the subscription considering who is left from those factions.

yep! anything they show at SDCC '14 will get made (don't believe Toyguru when he threatens like he did the last two year's of not getting figures like Ram Man and Two-bad)

It costs them money to tool new figures,new heads/weapons etc...to show them and not make them, it's Mattel tossing money away into the trash.If the Sub doesn't go through,they will sell them quarterly and or as exclusives

as far as POP and NA,you can't even really give them away...those figures are money losses everytime,as once again I'll say...if it wasn't for the forced to buy method and the Vintage MOTU characters,there wouldn't be POP Classics

I really wish we could have gotten some more vehicles in MOTUC. I'd kill to see the Land Shark and Spydor get made. Those are my two favorites from the vintage line. I keep my fingers crossed for Mantisaur. He-Man has Battle Cat, Skeletor has Panthor, and She-Ra has Swiftwind, so it's only fair for Hordak to get Mantisaur. Too bad none of that will happen though.

I really wish we could have gotten some more vehicles in MOTUC. I'd kill to see the Land Shark and Spydor get made. Those are my two favorites from the vintage line. I keep my fingers crossed for Mantisaur. He-Man has Battle Cat, Skeletor has Panthor, and She-Ra has Swiftwind, so it's only fair for Hordak to get Mantisaur. Too bad none of that will happen though.

yeah,Landshark is another must-have in Classics form (probably my favorite vehicle)

but alas,Toyguru claims vehicles don't sell

MOTUC didn't venture very far from figures, It's impressive that they made so damn many different figures, but they didn't do very much beyond them at all.

2. Coptur: I've read a lot of displeasing comments from people threatening to quit the line once they've received the Two-Bad figure. They'll be breaching the year long contract by cancelling their credit cards. What action will be taken to stop this from happening?

If enough customers really do this we will simply cancel the 2015 line as we would not be able to take this risk of this happening again.

So you see,everything that gets tooled/prototyped has to get made or Mattel loses money.

If customer's actually did what was suggested above in the question,there would NOT be a single tooled prototype shown at SDCC

Just to be clear, you're using that as justification that doing it's ok?

Personal opinion: If you don't plan to stuick out the whole year, don't sub.

Likely, however, that's not going to happen, as this is the internet, and it's full of "internet tough guys" who are all talk.

Just to be clear, you're using that as justification that doing it's ok?

Personal opinion: If you don't plan to stuick out the whole year, don't sub.

Likely, however, that's not going to happen, as this is the internet, and it's full of "internet tough guys" who are all talk.

didn't say it was okay to do it....I am pointing out the issue of figures prototyped must get made or Mattel loses money.That answer was a threat that you won't see any kind of 2015 figures at all if people cancel their Subs

I am not canceling subs,but I won't be signing back up for '15,but if others want to cancel their 2014 subs,with all the terrible customer service lately,they have a right to

Yeah, I don't have any plans to cancel my subs, but I think anyone who chooses to do so is justified - both morally and legally.

Teemu: gotcha, that's why i asked instead of assuming.

Yeah, I don't have any plans to cancel my subs, but I think anyone who chooses to do so is justified - both morally and legally.

I disagree completely. Yes, Mattycollector has been a collection of assclowns about how they handle this line. But here is the thing.
We KNOW this by now. you go into the sub expecting screw-ups at this point, or you don't. it's not like this fowl-ups are unexpected. We KNEW this going in, and still subbed.

Stick it out, or don't sub in the first place. Life isn't allways fair, it's called be a mature adult and suck it up.

Back