Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digging Flogg! He's one of only three designs from NA that I really enjoyed, along with Optikk and NA Skeletor.
I think one of the reasons Extendar is a little off-putting is because he has a giant torso and a comparitavely teeny weeny crotch. It's accurate to the vintage figure, but looks weird as a modern toy.
As to the new sub...its cherry picking time there.

I'm going to bet it will be these guys below..

why would they show them and it was said the Sub would be "like Filmation" theme....Hmmmmm

Gladiator
Fang-or
Red Shadow
Banwidth
Black Wizard

I'd get those too...I especially like fang-or and the black wizard...

Mara won the vote...Ugh! what is the matter with people???

only helps NOT buying a 2015 sub

Last edited:
Mara won the vote...Ugh! what is the matter with people???

only helps NOT buying a 2015 sub

I think it's the dumbest thing to conduct a poll at a convention! I guess Mattel thinks it makes sense for a small group of people to decide what all the fans want.

I think it's the dumbest thing to conduct a poll at a convention! I guess Mattel thinks it makes sense for a small group of people to decide what all the fans want.

all voting should be for Sub holders only

then we'd have Lord Masque and Tuskador instead of a Dyke action figure and a Woman character from NA that nobody has any clue about

Well Mara was a character that developed through the course of the NA Animated series and she was going to be an actual figure with a made prototype in the line before they canned it.

I have no great fondness of her personally but she is at least on paper a more 'worthy' of a figure than some of the others.

This:

Mara.jpg

over this:

blog_tuskador_triumphs.jpg

WTF? :slap

Well Mara was a character that developed through the course of the NA Animated series and she was going to be an actual figure with a made prototype in the line before they canned it.

I have no great fondness of her personally but she is at least on paper a more 'worthy' of a figure than some of the others.

what makes her more worthy of than "others"?? she is as boring as they come from a Sucky cartoon...

Does Toyguru not want the 2015 Sub to happen?

This might be a stupid question but I'm a first time subscriber for 2014, Is it normal that "my subscriptions" link on matty is empty? I mean it should have info that I have subscribed for 2014, am I right or wrong?

EVERYTHING from New Adventures is boring and stupid.

I was about 8 when the NA comics started being released so have nostalgia for a lot of the character designs. Even as an 8 year old I thought the cartoon was dire though!

As for the poll results; I would have liked Tuscador because its an interesting design and would have looked great with some Ram Man parts, or Darius as he was so prominent in the comic. Really disappointed we're getting Mara though, with so few NA slots it just feels like a waste to me :monkey2

I was about 8 when the NA comics started being released so have nostalgia for a lot of the character designs. Even as an 8 year old I thought the cartoon was dire though!

As for the poll results; I would have liked Tuscador because its an interesting design and would have looked great with some Ram Man parts, or Darius as he was so prominent in the comic. Really disappointed we're getting Mara though, with so few NA slots it just feels like a waste to me :monkey2

I had literally forgotten NA ever happened until December 2012 when I bought the He-Man DVD box set. I watched the first 3 NA episodes after watching all the old Filmation ones (I couldn't sit through more than 3.) A memory came back to me of watching the first episode of the "New" He-man Cartoon with my brother at my father's house. I remember when it was done, my father asked me what I thought. I said something like, "That's not He-Man" and I went outside and played - and literally forgot the terrible show ever happened. That's the entirety of my pre-2012 NA experience. I also didn't think about He-Man again until about 2012....

I had literally forgotten NA ever happened until December 2012 when I bought the He-Man DVD box set. I watched the first 3 NA episodes after watching all the old Filmation ones (I couldn't sit through more than 3.) A memory came back to me of watching the first episode of the "New" He-man Cartoon with my brother at my father's house. I remember when it was done, my father asked me what I thought. I said something like, "That's not He-Man" and I went outside and played - and literally forgot the terrible show ever happened. That's the entirety of my pre-2012 NA experience. I also didn't think about He-Man again until about 2012....

:exactly:
I had a similar experience with the cartoon. Persevered for about 6 episodes as a kid and then gave up. After a friend saw my MOTUC collection last year he lent me the NA boxset, I didn't finish the first disc. I take lots of work home with me and the Filmation cartoon is great to have on in the background. I've watched them through a couple of times in the last few years.

I loved the NA comic though and still enjoyed it when I found them archived on the org a few years ago. When I look at a NA figure the comics provide the nostalgia factor for me.

New Adventures completely lost the flavor and style of the original series and deservedly takes a backseat to the real vintage stuff. NA He-Man and Skeletor stick out the most because of it. Just like Snake Armor He-Man from 2002 looks like a mish mash of junk ideas hoping to gain a following from the kiddies, they're not nearly as inspiring.

If it has any chance at all of fitting in with the rest, the 4H are the ones to do it. Optikk and Slush Head are decent enough. Everything else is mostly passable for me even with 4H doing the sculpts. Probably the only one I'd really like to see is Sagitar since he has the most original design out of that entire series.

Flogg looks alright, but they should have gone ahead and put in a new tool for the boots. Those things are so tired they can ruin an entire figure all on their own! :lol

Back