Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like everything they do, their webstore is awkward and weird. I don't think I have ever run across anyone else who uses a capta on their shopping cart and I buy a lot of stuff online.

Same here. Mattel is the only site I've ever bought from with that feature.

I can't believe this, Spirit of Hordak goes on sale an hour early, says add to chart, a message comes up saying my cart is empty, and after going back and refreshing the page it then comes up and says he's sold out!

What kind of ****ing joke are you playing MATTY?

I have absolutely no interest in this figure. That said I think Matty's attempt at creating "buzz" and excitement tHrough this chase figure has fallen flat! It's examples like this that further strengthen the notion that 2014 will not have the support needed IMO.

Tell that to the Catholic Church! ;)

HEY-YO!

Got my Odiphus order in. That means I'm waiting on SIX figures from Matty now. Cherry-Flavoured Hordak, the FFM, Karratti, and now Stinkor. (Not to mention that my HT Thor and my SSC Obi-Wan are on their way too!)

You know I bought subscriptions so I wouldn't have to fool with this mess and now because of this early bird crap I've missed two figures now, Strobo, and Spirit of Hordak; what was the point if I still have to deal with this "White screen of Death, flipper, dealer/scalper crap and everything. Call their customer service and get some lame excuses from some foreign telemarketer that can barely understand me and me them.

I've been so pissed I've been trying to sell my extra un-opened set to a Flea Market guy that runs a toy shop for over a month for just what I've got in them and shipping, with the promise he'll take the rest of this years extra sub off me as well. Then in 2014 (if they're is one, but Matty will have no one to blame but their selves if it isn't) I might not even get a sub, but cherry pick.

That Toy Gu Ru (Brand Manager what's his name) in my opinion is such a fool, Mattel should replace or just out right fire him for stupid *** ideas like this.

I gotta say this Hordak situation is doing more Harm than good...

those who are trying to buy this figure are the loyal subscribers and with them wasting their time and effort only to come up short,it is only putting bitterness in them to NOT even want to subscribe again....I really don't think Matty/Toyguru should be messing around with subscribers like this,because we just might not see 2014 Sub happen if Scott keeps pissing his customers off

Its only a toy you say?? yes it is...but the people who want these toys are the ones keeping this line going.Its a matter of principle and reason why people subscribe to get all their figures.

Mattel better be blowing their load at SDCC if they want a 2014 MOTU Classics

You know I bought subscriptions so I wouldn't have to fool with this mess and now because of this early bird crap I've missed two figures now, Strobo, and Spirit of Hordak; what was the point if I still have to deal with this "White screen of Death, flipper, dealer/scalper crap and everything. Call their customer service and get some lame excuses from some foreign telemarketer that can barely understand me and me them.

I've been so pissed I've been trying to sell my extra un-opened set to a Flea Market guy that runs a toy shop for over a month for just what I've got in them and shipping, with the promise he'll take the rest of this years extra sub off me as well. Then in 2014 (if they're is one, but Matty will have no one to blame but their selves if it isn't) I might not even get a sub, but cherry pick.

That Toy Gu Ru (Brand Manager what's his name) in my opinion is such a fool, Mattel should replace or just out right fire him for stupid *** ideas like this.

this is exactly what I mean

people are getting tired of it...its just becoming more aggravation

every subscriber is important,and Toyguru needs to start treating subscribers like they are important

I like the idea of surprise non-essential figures like this, but I absolutely loathe this sales strategy. They should have announced it last Friday, put it up for early access today (in higher quantities) and then during the regular monthly sale tomorrow. I hate this "keep checking back" crap.

It's only a toy I think is even more reason to be angry. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a goddamn toy. I don't care about it, but I can understand other people who wanted it getting irate. First they feel slighted because it was sold without notice, then they feel slighted AGAIN because because even with subscriber statues and early access they STILL can't buy it.

So now Evil-Lyn and Stinkor are both gone for good. I would buy them both now if you want them because the prices will probably start to go up soon.

It's only a toy I think is even more reason to be angry. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a goddamn toy. I don't care about it, but I can understand other people who wanted it getting irate. First they feel slighted because it was sold without notice, then they feel slighted AGAIN because because even with subscriber statues and early access they STILL can't buy it.

well at SDCC...if 5 or more make an issue about it at Q n A time...maybe something "might" change

direct and live confrontation goes much a longer way than messaging toyguru on the internet

we know toyguru is just a salesman first...he has lied to us quite often (ahem castle grayskull) just to make sales (from working in retail,honesty is corporate's last resort)

This line has become the joke of the collector world at this point. Its almost as if they go out of their way to make sure its as frustrating as possible to collect this line. I've never seen a toy line that has half as many issues as this one does. How its managed to survive for 5 years is a testament to the hardcore fandom and stubborness of MOTU fans.

well at SDCC...if 5 or more make an issue about it at Q n A time...maybe something "might" change

direct and live confrontation goes much a longer way than messaging toyguru on the internet

we know toyguru is just a salesman first...he has lied to us quite often (ahem castle grayskull) just to make sales (from working in retail,honesty is corporate's last resort)

Has anyone ever had any negative thing to say in the live SDCC panel? To me it always seems like all the ill will is quickly abated with pictures of pretty new toys.

Has anyone ever had any negative thing to say in the live SDCC panel? To me it always seems like all the ill will is quickly abated with pictures of pretty new toys.

Yes they have! or maybe it was PowerCon where my friend Tobar gave him some stick on a panel.

Folks are much braver on a keyboard!

Yes they have! or maybe it was PowerCon where my friend Tobar gave him some stick on a panel.

Folks are much braver on a keyboard!

Its nice to hear that at least one person that goes to these cons had the testicular fortitude to say what's what.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just put them all up for early access today. This whole 'limited stock' b.s. is creating more problems than I think the folks at Matty realize. This false scarcity is starting to drive hardcore fans away. They should've just put up all they had. Now its going to be more issues and complaining.

Back