Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strobo totally creeps me out. Looks like something from a Brian Yuzna movie. If you don't know who that is just look up the movie "Society".

Not exactly apples to apples but ThreeA sells stuff that costs $250 or more quite often completely sight unseen. I find it baffling that Mattel who has been making toys for decades including large playsets (there's quite a few large Barbie playsets iirc) would seemingly screw up pricing so bad that they have to keep changing stuff.

It's a good point. This isn't some indie company. This is friggin' Mattel. Mattel doesn't know how to price toys? What the heck!?!?!?

I just wish they had given us the right price. I would have paid more for an ultimate Grayskull. Shrinking it down and gutting it instead of charging the right price in the first place seems incompetent to me.

Aren't they raising the price to $300 at some point in their weird tiered ordering schedule too? It was $250, is going to be sold as $275 then later as $300?

Strobo totally creeps me out. Looks like something from a Brian Yuzna movie. If you don't know who that is just look up the movie "Society".

He does look a bit creepy but I think I'll end up picking one up at some point.

It'll be cool having a trio of these weirdoes...

It's the distended flesh. If his chest wasn't flesh colored it wouldn't be creepy. Like I said it has a very "Society" vibe.

Finally got my first ever order of MOTUC figures, and all I can say is WOW!!! God I wish I hadnt sat on the fence with this line for the past 2-3 years.

Then I wouldnt have to pass on figures like Teela and Sorceress where the asking price is now $150+ each!!! Or Beastman and Tri-Klops where the asking price is getting close to $100 each!!!

At least I managed to get this lot at around $34 each, which is still pretty expensive but at least reasonable. Love them!! :D

... i googled society. I found this picture. I lol'd

society_xl_01--film-B.jpg

I find it hard to believe that Matty couldn't make a version of CG, include He-man and Skeletor (or Teela just to be an ***) and sell 3 to each Toys R Us store in the nation at Christmas time. Or sell them to Toys R Us stores in Europe for that matter. Seems like a good way to up the numbers on production to cover rising costs.

Finally got my first ever order of MOTUC figures, and all I can say is WOW!!! God I wish I hadnt sat on the fence with this line for the past 2-3 years.

Then I wouldnt have to pass on figures like Teela and Sorceress where the asking price is now $150+ each!!! Or Beastman and Tri-Klops where the asking price is getting close to $100 each!!!

At least I managed to get this lot at around $34 each, which is still pretty expensive but at least reasonable. Love them!! :D

You're off to a good start there, I think. :)

It's too bad that the four figures you've mentioned are pretty much the rest of the "key" characters. I suppose one could get away with not owning a Sorceress but the other three would definitely be holes in your collection.

Ah, why didn't I get doubles of these? Oh well.

I find it hard to believe that Matty couldn't make a version of CG, include He-man and Skeletor (or Teela just to be an ***) and sell 3 to each Toys R Us store in the nation at Christmas time. Or sell them to Toys R Us stores in Europe for that matter. Seems like a good way to up the numbers on production to cover rising costs.

Yeah, but maybe TRU isn't interested... After all, all we ever got out of them were some 2-packs with friggin' DC figures.

But you'd think they would be. I mean, are Gears of War and Bioshock figures really a more sound toy investment from their perspective?

Now that I think of it, though. I could see MOTUC coming to TRU in a limited fashion after this whole online thing dries up, to be quite honest. They'll milk us collectors dry and then try to get us to double-dip on slight colour variations and what not. I don't think they'll release near the amount they have through Matty, but the main guys? Why not?

And sure, I could see Grayskull being offered up that way, too. Might as well pay for the tooling and what not through Matty first, though.

TRU might do that. They sold the Millennium Falcon in Classics style packaging over this last Christmas season. It cost $250. And most TRUs only got one box per store unless you were in a larger market.

I think I prefer this, to be honest.

I always imagined we'd get a BA He-man with Battle Cat at TRU. I still can't believe that never happened. Maybe it doesn't help that there are still piles of the crappy overpriced DC 2-packs at TRU?

I always imagined we'd get a BA He-man with Battle Cat at TRU. I still can't believe that never happened. Maybe it doesn't help that there are still piles of the crappy overpriced DC 2-packs at TRU?

No doubt.

Not sure why they thought 2-packs with Stratos and Mer Man would sell as well as He-Man and Skeletor, but oh well.

I do see Mattel milking this line at least a little bit, though, once the subs and Mattycollector aren't an issue.

This is entirely speculation on my part. But I kinda feel like maybe just maybe Mattel toy lines except for like… Barbie and Hot Wheels… don't do well at retail because they treat retailers with the same lack of respect and lack of service that they treat people who buy from mattycollector.

I almost don't even want to post this because there's so much negativity about Mattel and I'm certainly posting a bunch of it… but I thought screw it, it's the Internet right? :)

^ I'm sure that's an oversimplification. No doubt there are a lot of factors we don't generally consider as toy collectors. Mattel's the world's #1 toy company, after all - they don't get to be that by neglecting retailers who sell their product.

Mattel is #1 because Barbie is a thing you cannot kill no matter how stupid you are about it. It's kinda like how Microsoft was until their various market shares began to erode. Mattel has had a captive market for decades and haven't had to adapt or change to maintain that. They haven't had to develop anything new that their survival depended on for a very long time.

Welcome my friend!! :rock!!

... i googled society. I found this picture. I lol'd

society_xl_01--film-B.jpg
:horror

Yeah, me too.

Imagine the fan rage, though. :)
:lecture
I actually don't like hunting down figures all over town...

Mattel is #1 because Barbie is a thing you cannot kill no matter how stupid you are about it. It's kinda like how Microsoft was until their various market shares began to erode. Mattel has had a captive market for decades and haven't had to adapt or change to maintain that. They haven't had to develop anything new that their survival depended on for a very long time.

Monster High is helping them too quite a bit...

The Fwoosh has Snake Face:

snake-face-accessories-592x629.jpg

snake-face-close-2-592x567.jpg

Back