Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the biggest problem with CG is that Matty went against their own ideals for MOTUC. Matty always said "no action features" and it seems like they did the opposite with CG and focused on the action features and forgot to make it to scale and more statue-like.

I honestly think they should have gone barebones with the castle and sold all of the accessories in weapons packs type sets.

I think the biggest problem with CG is that Matty went against their own ideals for MOTUC. Matty always said "no action features" and it seems like they did the opposite with CG and focused on the action features and forgot to make it to scale and more statue-like.

I honestly think they should have gone barebones with the castle and sold all of the accessories in weapons packs type sets.

Hmmm... do you think? There doesn't seem to be much in the way of action features. The trap door seems to be about it, unless you could the movable elevator. The rest are just doors. I do think that can trip them up (like the Voltron lions, which I liked but definitely suffered because of the action features) but in this case I wonder if that had much impact. Maybe.

I definitely would have rather have had a bigger Castle with no trap door and no secret entrances if that was an actual choice. Just not sure if it was. I guess we'll never know on the outside.

Anyone get that email from Matty with the sword? So, to whom does it belong? Looks cool, but I don't recognize it.

Man, I gotta find a way to get a Filmation sub somehow. Anyone getting doubles? :(

Hey everyone! I know their have been a ton of questions about the Castle and Val and the Mods were nice enough to gather together the most pressing questions. Please keep in mind that everything about the Castle is in flux right now as development continues. No one has really tired anything this ambitious before (selling in a 250.00 playset with a B-sheet!) so we do ask that you bare with us as development continues. There are and will continue to be changes from the original B-sheet as we move into sculpt (as seen at NYTF) and final toy (which we hope to show at SDCC).

If in any way you are unhappy with the product as it develops you may cancel your order through Aug 30th. But keep in mind if you cancel you can’t get back in and it is likely we will not do a day of sale for the Castle (or if we do it will be super limited and maybe only customer service stock sold off if not needed). Hope these answers clarify and feel free to ask more over on the Mattycollector.com “ask Matty” forums!

Best,
Scott...

*snip*

Wow, lots of "noes" in this post. Sounds like my 16-month old daughter.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no..." Definitely her favourite word right now. Guess it's Scott's, too. :)

The 200x He-Man on the front of the box makes this set a big fat fail. And what's with the gold sword?

And classic karamazov. Just classic. :lol

I swear I've seen that scheme for the sword before...

Was it used as part of a "full-size" playset, by any chance? I think we had this, back in the day... came with sword, shield and chest piece, if I'm not mistaken.

"Costs keep coming in"

Worrying.

Yeah, I'm glad I passed.

That custom version cast by one of the members here (I forget who) is looking better and better. :)

I might pick this up if I can ever get a good deal in person, though, eventually. I don't really want to pay for shipping if I can help it.

Has anyone brought up the fact that the castle may be even smaller if they actually cast that prototype? The final product always shrinks after casting.

Seriously, not trolling. Just saying.

What do you mean "gotta find a way?" The subscription is still available on mattycollector.com. Just go sign up.

Can't do it. Made a promise to trade only this year, because of babies and one income for a time... :)

Matty's making this very difficult, though.

Has anyone brought up the fact that the castle may be even smaller if they actually cast that prototype? The final product always shrinks after casting.

Seriously, not trolling. Just saying.

I here ya.....the big test will be when its shown at SDCC

if it shrinks any smaller,it will be the same as the Icon Heroes Grayskull

The Fwoosh has Strobo now...

https://thefwoosh.com/2013/02/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-strobo

strobo-and-stand-592x574.jpg

And Zodak's head

strobo-zodak-592x798.jpg

Is it just me or does Strobo look like he's wearing a nude-colored velour bodysuit?

My Ram Man and Jitsu arrived today! Rammy is great, but Jitsu has a bit too much black paint on his forehead.

No one has really tired anything this ambitious before (selling in a 250.00 playset with a B-sheet!) so we do ask that you bare with us as development continues.

Not exactly apples to apples but ThreeA sells stuff that costs $250 or more quite often completely sight unseen. I find it baffling that Mattel who has been making toys for decades including large playsets (there's quite a few large Barbie playsets iirc) would seemingly screw up pricing so bad that they have to keep changing stuff.

Back