Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there I was thinking that what I said would be considered good news.

I must've forgotten where I was.

The news is good, but the issue I have is that TG is now saying something different related to the 2014 sub and the number of slots we may have. What I was saying was that I could see many who subbed for 2013 under the notion that 2014 would be full of vintage to basically "finish" our collections becoming enraged. Now TG says that 2014 may have a reduced number of slots (6 maybe). I just wish that it was explained to us at the beginning so that we are not left in a state of confusion now. I for one want the sub to go on for as long as possible with all factions (except for POP!!!). That's all I was saying.

wasnt the point of the line to remake the Vintage ones?

Nope, the point of the line was to create a cohesive line that represented all of the various lines that came before it. They've been very up front about that from the start. Of course, the line went from a one-off con exclusive to a series of two packs to a series of six figures to a full-blown line. So it's evolved over time. But since they decided sales were good enough for it to be a continuing line, it's always been presented as far more than vintage.

Interested about these news Eamon...
Here's the thing, TG has always said that things change so much on the Toy Industry it's hard to confirm things. And I believe him...
I'm sure that right after SDCC there's been dozens of meetings and talks over @ Mattel trying to figure out what to do with the line, and I'm sure it takes a LOT for management and managers to agree on the solution.

So, I'm not surprise if the vehicle thing is at times a nono and at times a strong possibility. And also, on most toy-lines we don't see all the backstage drama, but with Mattycollector and TG, we kind of see a little bit of it and I'm sure that for most people, it's a little discouraging.
Obviously, Mattel doesn't have they're act together so we see all this back and forth of half truths that make things really confusion for some people who apparently have no experience on how this things work.

In any case, for me it's good news Eamon! So thanks a lot!!
:rock!!

I am not saying it's confusing but there was always a $60 item in the sub that wasn't a multipack. What did folks think that was going to be?

there was? That $60 item is not in the Sub...see,apparently nobody can give straight answers

The 2013 Sub has 4 quarterly items- one $30 (Ram Man),one $75 (fighting Foe men),one $50 (horde troopers),one $25 (Variant)

so anything else will be extra...

there was? That $60 item is not in the Sub...see,apparently nobody can give straight answers

The 2013 Sub has 4 quarterly items- one $30 (Ram Man),one $75 (fighting Foe men),one $50 (horde troopers),one $25 (Variant)

so anything else will be extra...

Sorry not in the sub. There is a $60 non sub item. My bad!

Cool off Teemu, Jesus.

Eamon, the confusing thing with TG is that he said the 2014 sub would be full of vintage in an attempt to complete our collections. Then after the 2013 sub was green lit he says that the number of sub slots for 2014 will probably be less then 12 slots. This will not allow the 2014 sub alone to round out or complete the collections for some who bought the 2013 sub thinking so. I for one don't mind if it's full of vintage or not as I want the line to last as long as possible. Again TG should have clarified this point during the sub sale so that this point would not leave confusion right now. Hopefully once the next podcast is up the confusion will vanish.

I understand the confusion.

Call me simple or whatever but all I care about is us getting more figures and the fact that we may yet get more vehicles.

I don't care if a statement is contradictory.

Folks need to realise that this is a tiny line with little profit and it's run by one dude having to be everything to all people. There is no budget there to even get someonelese to come on forums or podcasts or whatever.

That's not me making excuses, it's just me explaining what's important to me. ie getting more stuff.

Becuase they would sell more figures if all factions are in one line.
Neither New Adventures not Princess of Power are big enough to justify their own unique line.

This way they can cater to the broader spectrum of fans.

Gotcha. It just looks like its hurting the line since i see a lot of people complain about how they dont care about those lines they just want MOTU.

I understand the confusion.

Call me simple or whatever but all I care about is us getting more figures and the fact that we may yet get more vehicles.

I don't care if a statement is contradictory.

Folks need to realise that this is a tiny line with little profit and it's run by one dude having to be everything to all people. There is no budget there to even get someonelese to come on forums or podcasts or whatever.

That's not me making excuses, it's just me explaining what's important to me. ie getting more stuff.

I understand. There is a lot of pressure and stress on TG, I would not want to have his job. It's impossible to please everyone all of the time or even most of the time. I too want more stuff (a new vehicle would be awesome), but I think consistency could go a long way in keeping issues from manifesting. Thanks Eamon for being our link to He-Man.org.

I understand. There is a lot of pressure and stress on TG, I would not want to have his job. It's impossible to please everyone all of the time or even most of the time. I too want more stuff (a new vehicle would be awesome), but I think consistency could go a long way in keeping issues from manifesting. Thanks Eamon for being our link to He-Man.org.

Thanks! But I must stress, I don't have much to do with He-Man.org outside of being a guest on the podcast :)

Gotcha. It just looks like its hurting the line since i see a lot of people complain about how they dont care about those lines they just want MOTU.

Well that is the cause of much arguments in many circles.
I tend to agree but that's just the way it is.

Well since its not another 2 pack and vehicles are supposedly not off the table :rolleyes2......... my guesses are Battle Ram or Stridor

Well nowadays, you're going to get an argument that POP and NA are part of MOTU and now what used to be called MOTU get's jumbled in with the "vintage" term thanks to MOTUC. Oh the webs we weave!

Mattel knew the main draw would be MOTU but they wanted to be ambitious about it and throw in all the related properties. To be fair to the POP and NA fans, the line was setup that way from the beginning and many have been buying into the subs just to get a shot at their favorites which are few and far between these days.

The basic problem here is, Mattel never deemed POP or NA as worthy of having separate lines. The good news is that it appears vintage MOTU has a decent shot at getting all the heavy hitters out. POP and NA won't fair anywhere near as well, but thems the breaks unfortunately.

Dude, you should get the Wind Raider, it's a beauty!!

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about 2013 or 2014 just yet... there's plenty of amazing upcoming figures!!
Starting with Mecaneck and DB Skelly on September!! :rock!!!

I was just about to say the same thing!

I too prefer the Battle Ram but man, the Wind Raider is just kick ass I think.

It's just like how it should've been and it's not the stumpy thing we had as kid. :)

WINDRAIDER.jpg

windraiderart2.jpg

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about 2013 or 2014 just yet... there's plenty of amazing upcoming figures!!
Starting with Mecaneck and DB Skelly on September!! :rock!!!

I would but with HT and SS eatting up all my extra cash I have to be vert selective with the MOTUC stuff. :lol

I was just about to say the same thing!

I too prefer the Battle Ram but man, the Wind Raider is just kick ass I think.

It's just like how it should've been and it's not the stumpy thing we had as kid. :)

WINDRAIDER.jpg

windraiderart2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Well nowadays, you're going to get an argument that POP and NA are part of MOTU and now what used to be called MOTU get's jumbled in with the "vintage" term thanks to MOTUC. Oh the webs we weave!

Mattel knew the main draw would be MOTU but they wanted to be ambitious about it and throw in all the related properties. To be fair to the POP and NA fans, the line was setup that way from the beginning and many have been buying into the subs just to get a shot at their favorites which are few and far between these days.

The basic problem here is, Mattel never deemed POP or NA as worthy of having separate lines. The good news is that it appears vintage MOTU has a decent shot at getting all the heavy hitters out. POP and NA won't fair anywhere near as well, but thems the breaks unfortunately.

Thanks Frank!

Back