Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll have to judge for myself how bad it is. but i was looking through my other figures the other day, and i just don't see how this hand pose is any different than the open clawed hands of stratos, beastman, or mossman. not to mention all the pointy weapons we've gotten.

i'll have to judge for myself how bad it is. but i was looking through my other figures the other day, and i just don't see how this hand pose is any different than the open clawed hands of stratos, beastman, or mossman. not to mention all the pointy weapons we've gotten.

that was the point I was trying to make,but seems its a conspiracy to not want to believe Mattel's corporate fluff! So many figures in the line have sharp edges and "scratchy hands" made of hard plastic,but catra gets a rubbery hand?

Its their excuse using "safety" to justify that they used the same plastic used for the rubbery weapons for Catra, aswell as Catra's hand.Its all about saving money! otherwise shouldn't ALL the figures have safety hazards? I am going to go poke my eye out now with Mossman's Knife

that was the point I was trying to make,but seems its a conspiracy to not want to believe Mattel's corporate fluff! So many figures in the line have sharp edges and "scratchy hands" made of hard plastic,but catra gets a rubbery hand?

Its their excuse using "safety" to justify that they used the same plastic used for the rubbery weapons for Catra, aswell as Catra's hand.Its all about saving money! otherwise shouldn't ALL the figures have safety hazards? I am going to go poke my eye out now with Mossman's Knife

:horse okay I'm curious if it's about money why haven't all the hands that have this same pose have the same soft plastic? :thud:

Got my Weapons Rack today. As someone who's not collecting many figures from this line it's the only weapons set that's been put out so far that I had much interest in. The other weapons sets only have one or two pieces I would ever use since so many of the pieces are very specific to certain characters.

While this sword looks utterly ridiculous in Hordak's hands, I think it will go great with Catra which was my primary goal in buying this set. While I like her pink kitty sword and generally like pink in general I don't think it suits her character design at all. I'm very happy the red metallic is red metallic. The figures.com pics make them look bronze.

5719956122_491e79e45c_b.jpg

I think the blaster rifle works much better for Hordak if I was to give him one of the weapons. I like that he's depicted as being this gothic medieval universal monster reject but actually favors high tech over sword and sorcery. Regardless the red metallic weapons I think work great for the Evil Horde. Compliments their red and black color scheme well. I know a of people seemed to hate them, but I dig 'em a lot.

5719959510_196e4ecd5a_b.jpg

The big surprise for me was the polearms. I love the "space spear" that originally came with Whiplash. Here in silver it looks even spacier. The Scareglow halberd also works really well with Grizzlor (as do all the weapons really) and allow me to both have Grizzlor holding a weapon and to have his backpack full. I love how all the weapons store on his back but I also want him holding one.

5719954174_c644f3ee00_b.jpg

5719389567_98f3f4581d_b.jpg

I didn't take any close up pics of the Rack itself as there's tons of pictures out there and I don't have much stuff to stick into it at the moment. I also neglected to take photos of the laser pistol and shield.

:horse okay I'm curious if it's about money why haven't all the hands that have this same pose have the same soft plastic? :thud:
because to save money, manufacturers combine as many parts in the same mold. then when they do the plastic injectuion process they can turn out several parts at once. in this case they admitted to combining the sword and whip in the same mold. since the whip needed to be soft, then the sword had to be made of the same material. the theory is that they also put the left hand in this same mold and realized it was a mistake but now they won't admit to it. instead they use the safety excuse instead of retooling a new mold.

So, not having her in hand yet, what's the big deal with the softer plastic hand? It's not made to hold anything so that's not an issue. Is it because the sculpt ends up softer looking or something?

So, not having her in hand yet, what's the big deal with the softer plastic hand? It's not made to hold anything so that's not an issue. Is it because the sculpt ends up softer looking or something?
i haven't decided if it will bother me til i see it in person. supposedly the flesh color doesn't match up with the rest of the figure.

teemu just hates the whole principle of the thing.:lol

From the Fwoosh pics I don't see any appreciable difference. If it looks good and doesn't affect the functionality of anything I don't care what's it's made from.

Yeah the red weapons look like they where made for the Horde. There's some slight warping to a few of them. The Scareglow Halberd and the flanged mace most notably. Nothing a little hot water won't fix.

i haven't decided if it will bother me til i see it in person. supposedly the flesh color doesn't match up with the rest of the figure.

teemu just hates the whole principle of the thing.:lol

you think he hates it? I didn't get that impression it seemed to me that he's not too bothered by it.:wink1:

@dedguy awesome pics. That one of Grizzlor holding the halberd and spear is just bada$$

because to save money, manufacturers combine as many parts in the same mold. then when they do the plastic injectuion process they can turn out several parts at once. in this case they admitted to combining the sword and whip in the same mold. since the whip needed to be soft, then the sword had to be made of the same material. the theory is that they also put the left hand in this same mold and realized it was a mistake but now they won't admit to it. instead they use the safety excuse instead of retooling a new mold.

:lecture:lecture:lecture its not that hard to understand or figure out......instead lets believe what Mattel says!

When we show photos like this we're stating the obvious. Not making fun. But hey if got photos too that would be interesting. I just marvel at the fact you cannot accept that you just may be wrong on this one. But no that can't be it can it?

When we show photos like this we're stating the obvious. Not making fun. But hey if got photos too that would be interesting. I just marvel at the fact you cannot accept that you just may be wrong on this one. But no that can't be it can it?

Well prove me wrong? :) I know you can't .All you have to do is look at the rest of the MOTU Classics line as nobody else uses a rubber hand.Toyguru even said they molded the weapons using a softer plastic,and likely the Catra hand was molded that way too from using the shared mold and Because people are complaining about the soft hand,Mattel spews out "Safety reasons".You seem like the type of person that believes everything you're told Huh? Usually Robots just follow and just go along with what their told....so I hope it makes you feel better by posting photos that dont pertain to the subject even discussed...if you want real conspiracies,I'll debate you on MANY of them,especially touchy subjects (trying to be nice here)

I'll wait till I get my Catra to make full judgement,but I wasnt happy with what I saw on Pixel Dan's video,and hopefully this doesnt happen going forward..Thank goodness is was Catra than someone from the Masters Vintage

what proof do you have that what you say is true? Hmmm? I posted the pics to prove a point that you are holding on to a theory that has been proved false and instead of letting it go you just stand on you soap box declaring that is is false and that you're still right. No I don't always follow the party line but you seem like the kind of person who sits around all day pretending that his farts don't stink and if anyone tells him that they do he'll scream that they don't know what farts smell like, and if they continue to tell him that he's a smelly bastard he would lambast them for being mean to him.

sorry i have to agree with Teemu here. there is no reason for a rubbery hand when you look at the past figures. it'd be different if they would just come out and say "we're cutting corners." but they lie about it. in fact, from what i can tell, TG didn't really come foward and address the concerns about the hand. there was speculation on a thread at the Org about it. then all of a sudden TG shows up and quotes the person's post that said "maybe it is for safety reasons" and said "that is exactly right". it's almost like he read through the entire thread and found the so called "best" excuse to agree to. smells fishy if you ask me.

just remember Stratos, Beastman, and Mossman all have the exact same style hands.

Super-old news, I know, but I finally got around to taking pics of the first-issue Beast Man that arrived a couple months back.

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

Love this guy (the colors are just awesome), but Mer-Man continues to be my favorite so far. I really need to buy more MOTUC, so hopefully when all the busy stuff starts winding down, I'll get plenty more.

Back