Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've asked Eamon a while back . he never PM'd me back. i figured he doesn't like me for all the org bashing i do here. oh well.[/IMG]

dont worry, He hates me too...join the Eamon hates club!

(I do think he draws great though)

i've asked Eamon a while back . he never PM'd me back. i figured he doesn't like me for all the org bashing i do here. oh well.

i'm looking for something that looks real and not so cartoon/comicbook.

like this:

Sorceress_by_acidlullaby.jpg

Find out who did that Craw. I like the artsy/realistic look of it. My guess is it's probably fan-art though.

Just read this article on the Org,

From He-man.org:
While Dan hosts his video reviews through www.blip.tv for posting on He-Man.org and PopCultureNetwork.com, they have always also been cross-posted to YouTube. With YouTube being the largest internet video site, this has been necessary in helping to spread the word of MOTU Classics and to get the maximum views possible.

Those who have used YouTube know just how overly protective and strict they can be when it comes to copyrights. And it seems the more popular a video gets on YouTube, the more strict YouTube gets. Pixel Dan has fallen victim to this.

This originally started when YouTube sent Dan a "cease and desist" notice concerning the use of Filmation music in his videos. Dan immediately complied, and began using all original music composed by good friend Mat Howlett. Some of the tunes still used are covers of some classic MOTU music also composed by Mat. Written documentation showing that full permission was granted for the use of the music was given to YouTube, and the problems seemed to be taken care of.

Dan also replaced the Filmation Cartoon intro with all-original animated intros created by forum member Ryan "Horde Lord" Czaplinski. This was another safety measure to prevent any possible issues with using Filmation properties in the videos, as well as adding some nice flare to the videos.

Just recently, YouTube has come down on Dan again, now telling him that he does not hold the proper license to use the Masters of the Universe Classics logo in his videos. On top of this, they have also brought the music issue back up, now stating that covers cannot be used without the original music owner's consent.

All attempts to discuss this issue with YouTube have been unsuccessful. Each response back to them asking for more clarification and information are always returned with automated, cookie cutter responses. It is obvious that with YouTube, it's only black and white. Although Dan has gone to great lengths to ensure that all of his content is original, YouTube is still threatening to remove his videos.

As a result, going forward all MOTU review videos that Dan uploads to YouTube will be a trimmed down version of the review. The YouTube versions will not contain the awesome animated intros by Horde Lord, no MOTU logos will be used, and anything that sounds remotely close to MOTU inspired music will also be cut. These bare bones versions will only contain Dan's video footage, a simple background tune, and Dan's voice.

If you would prefer to continue watching Dan's reviews the way they were intended to e see, complete with all original animated intros, all music, and even logos, then we urge you to watch these videos here on www.He-Man.org or on www.PopCultureNetwork.com. This is our way to fight back against YouTube.

Really? do the guys at youtube have nothing better to do? It seems to me that Pixel Dan has gone out of his way to comply.

That's hot! I've always liked the Sorceress. :drool

If you right-click on the picture and look at the properties, it says Sorceress_by_acidlullaby. That gives you someone to start with. :)

If you would prefer to continue watching Dan's reviews the way they were intended to e see, complete with all original animated intros, all music, and even logos, then we urge you to watch these videos here on www.He-Man.org or on www.PopCultureNetwork.com. This is our way to fight back against YouTube.

If I were Pixel Dan, I wouldn't even bother making an edited version for YouTube. :pfft:

I got my Palace Guards and Vikor. :yess:

I will not probably be displaying teddy bear and lizard man head sculpts. Toy Guru head goes in the unused accessory box.

Last edited:
I think Vikor is not going to be very popular. Very strange how so much of what was released is still available at this point. Maybe that many people really got fed up and it hurt their 2011 line sales hot streak, leading to an over production?

Especially odd with the palace guards set and the display stands!

I think Vikor is not going to be very popular. Very strange how so much of what was released is still available at this point. Maybe that many people really got fed up and it hurt their 2011 line sales hot streak, leading to an over production?

I think they either upped production by alot or the flame has died down some on the Classics line...... or there has been too many Sku's to buy at once in one month....If they didnt do this subscription service,there is no way this line would last more than 3 years.The forced to buy "any"
character keeps the line going....there is no doubt sales would be down without the sub,when it comes to the selling of POP/NA and characters like Vikor(he is a great figure though)...but I honestly believe the Original Vintage line characters must lead most of the way or the line will eventually cease

Well, I thought production numbers were bumped a few months ago. Either way those who pass on Vikor are missing out on one of the coolest figures to date. WB btw.

I think they either upped production by alot or the flame has died down some on the Classics line...... or there has been too many Sku's to buy at once in one month....If they didnt do this subscription service,there is no way this line would last more than 3 years.The forced to buy "any"
character keeps the line going....there is no doubt sales would be down without the sub,when it comes to the selling of POP/NA and characters like Vikor(he is a great figure though)...but I honestly believe the Original Vintage line characters must lead most of the way or the line will eventually cease

:lecture But I think if they star doing figures that would fit in the original line like Battle Armor Faker I think that would help the overall longevity. Also true variants like Dragon Blaster Skeletor, he'd look great! Now where's my Castle Grayskull MF'ers?

Well, I thought production numbers were bumped a few months ago. Either way those who pass on Vikor are missing out on one of the coolest figures to date. WB btw.

:lecture But I think if they star doing figures that would fit in the original line like Battle Armor Faker I think that would help the overall longevity. Also true variants like Dragon Blaster Skeletor, he'd look great! Now where's my Castle Grayskull MF'ers?
We're never gonna get it...and Toyguru now says "maybe" (now its freakin maybe) in a movie year....

where's my man-e-faces and ram man? there isn't much time. the world is gonna end in less than 2 years. i at least want to play with my ram man figure for a couple days before that happens

where's my man-e-faces and ram man? there isn't much time. the world is gonna end in less than 2 years. i at least want to play with my ram man figure for a couple days before that happens

dont worry,the world is NOT going to end in 2012

Back