Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the Org (our favorite alternate he-man info place)

A certain individual (and I won't say who) sent me this tweet: "April MOTU Classics is in issue 162. And here's a hint: he's cute, cuddly and evil."

guesses are saying Stinkor.....or could he be the quarterly bonus?

Wasn't it supposed to be a good guy? :dunno
Maybe things changed again...

thats what I thought too....but he comes with a sheild so its gotta be Stinkor if he's Evil...Toyguru's hint was male master...I guess it can be good or evil

from the Org (our favorite alternate he-man info place)

A certain individual (and I won't say who) sent me this tweet: "April MOTU Classics is in issue 162. And here's a hint: he's cute, cuddly and evil."

guesses are saying Stinkor.....or could he be the quarterly bonus?

Stinkor would be sweet! One more key player in the line, imo.

Infinite Hollywood Reader Dale Asks: It seems as though MOTUC's power grows each year. First we were limited to just a few figures, then extra figures, now double packs, accessories and even vehicles are being discussed. If MOTUC continues to grow and have success in sales as it has each year, is it plausible that in a year or two Castle Grayskull and other larger playsets would be potentially on the table? Would Mattel be ready to then take that "risk"?

Castle Grayskull or other playsets are going to be tough. Yes, the line is growing, but playsets are a tough thing even in a major retail line like Green Lantern or Cars. It just takes a lot of tooling to complete a set and in the end they haven’t been the best sellers. We’d love to get to one, but it just is not in the cards right now based on current sell through of MOTUC basic figures.

Well we can forget a New Castle Grayskull...I guess the basic figures are not selling out fast enough, which makes me wonder if the Classics line has lost some steam...I seriously dont believe this line goes to 2016,which bothers me that we dont have Clawful,Man E Faces,Fisto,Ram Man,Mekaneck,Jitsu,Spikor,Sy Klone,Stinkor and few others yet! I will be dissapointed if we dont get these

I know this is way late, sorry...

Thanks brochacho, so what's the pooch's full name?
Full name: Pooky Chewbacca Flores. :D

So does your dog, Ill!
Thanks DP! :duff

You talkin' to me? :lol

7dba8cc7.jpg

We’d love to get to one, but it just is not in the cards right now based on current sell through of MOTUC basic figures.[/B]

I understand the risks of making a playset but by that logic there is no scenario in which a playset would be made. The "current sell through" is that every single figure sells out. Maybe they take a couple of days instead of a couple of hours but even so - there's not much room for improvement when your line is a total unmitigated success.

It's Mattel's suits that are behind this...
They don't see the big picture, they just want to make more money with less development... The Castle will require a TON of new sculpting and tooling...
BUT, honestly TG has always been extremely cautious about the Castle, so fans are just speculating as usual.
He said though in the past, that it would most likely happen with a movie tie-in...

that's funny.

"This line is doing so horrible we can't make a CG".

maybe we'll see one if things start picking up.:rolleyes:

that's the stupidest answer i've ever read on this subject.

the figures selling out in their current quantities is what they're talking about. YES, when first offered, the figures sell out in an hour, possibly two. some of them a few days.

then the reissues last a few days to a week, or even a month.

for the line to be successful enough for them to do greyskull, they would need to be able to produce them in Retail chain quantities, and have them sell better than they do already.

and they Can't.

the DC vs packs are an excellent example of this. They've been sitting at my local TRU store since they came out, and are covered by about an inch of dust.

that's funny.

"This line is doing so horrible we can't make a CG".

maybe we'll see one if things start picking up.:rolleyes:

that's the stupidest answer i've ever read on this subject.

you said it.....like I said...MOTUC to 2016? with watching how the economy is going, highly unlikely!

A castle is officially dead! (but Mattel will continue producing Barbie houses/towers though)

Last edited:
allow me to clarify what i meant be "retail chain quantities"

All these numbers are pure speculation, made up for the purposes of this example, as Matte will not release actual production numbers to the public

A limited edition, limited run toy, produced by sideshow might have an edition size of 700-5000 units produced.

These masters figures are intended to be in the same "collectors market" as a "high quality action figure". However, at the reduced production cost of these, and the higher demand, we can anticipate that Matte probably commissions a production run of each character somewhere in the market of 10 thousand to 100 thousand units, possibly more.

Compared to Hasbro, making GI joe and transformers figures with production runs as high as a million units, or more for popular enough characters, you start to see what they're talking about.

the figures selling out in their current quantities is what they're talking about. YES, when first offered, the figures sell out in an hour, possibly two. some of them a few days.

then the reissues last a few days to a week, or even a month.

for the line to be successful enough for them to do greyskull, they would need to be able to produce them in Retail chain quantities, and have them sell better than they do already.

and they Can't.

the DC vs packs are an excellent example of this. They've been sitting at my local TRU store since they came out, and are covered by about an inch of dust.
:exactly::goodpost:

you said it.....like I said...MOTUC to 2016? with watching how the economy is going, highly unlikely!

A castle if officially dead! (but Mattel will continue producing Barbie houses/towers though)
:panic::panic::panic:

Back