Master Replicas/Medicom Jack Skellington 18"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi friends. I have a question regarding the extra heads Jack comes with. Today I watched a YouTube video in which the reviewer had issues with oily, sticky residue on the extra heads and most had varying degrees of purple paint blemishes on them also. Has anyone else come across these problems? Just wondering how widespread an issue this is. If the topic has already been discussed, my apologies. I think I've read through most of this thread before but don't remember anything like that. Thanks for any response.

Hi friends. I have a question regarding the extra heads Jack comes with. Today I watched a YouTube video in which the reviewer had issues with oily, sticky residue on the extra heads and most had varying degrees of purple paint blemishes on them also. Has anyone else come across these problems? Just wondering how widespread an issue this is. If the topic has already been discussed, my apologies. I think I've read through most of this thread before but don't remember anything like that. Thanks for any response.

The residue is paint rub from poor packing. The cloth the heads sit in bleeds into the plastic. Mine had no issues with this however so I think it’s the luck of the draw. I ordered the Santa jack and the seller forgot the plastic shield covering the figure and the cloth stained and wore off the paint. So just be mindful of who you order from and you should be ok.

The residue is paint rub from poor packing. The cloth the heads sit in bleeds into the plastic. Mine had no issues with this however so I think it’s the luck of the draw. I ordered the Santa jack and the seller forgot the plastic shield covering the figure and the cloth stained and wore off the paint. So just be mindful of who you order from and you should be ok.

Thank you for the helpful info. I'm somewhat hesitant to get either the regular or Santa versions because of the current going rates for them and the potential for problems. I was looking at getting them new, but it may be better to buy from someone who has had them out of the boxes and can confirm there is no issues.

The Disney Store is releasing some limited Edition Nightmare Before Christmas figures of Jack and Sally. & they have some interchangeable faces. Not as much as the Medicom one but a good alternate. He's apparently 17" and Sally is "14. So pretty big.

tumblr_pfrkqgDJSx1uvye5jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pfrkqgDJSx1uvye5jo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pfrkqgDJSx1uvye5jo4_1280.jpg

Placed my order for these right when they went up! The bases alone make it worth it to me.

The Jack is a little shorter than the Master Replicas version by about 2" and it also lacks the amount of face options and level of articulation. I do however think that this is the best version of Sally to hit the market. The Diamond Select / Jun Planning versions were a bit lacking in the quality department. The price tag on these are a bit higher than I expected, but use the promo code "SHIPMAGIC" to get free shipping (this knocks off $40 if you buy both of these).

I will be curious to see these in hand! Are these available at Disney Stores as well? I cant make it to my local one until after work so I figured I wouldn't risk it selling out. With the high price tag and quantity of 3000, I think these will be available for a little bit.

Back