Mass Effect-Thane Krios Premium Format-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no artist, but all the heads look the same to me. The top one is the finished one and the four gray renderings look to be different views of the same head. The spots on the top of the head and the gills on the side seem to match up to me. :dunno

I am no artist, but all the heads look the same to me. The top one is the finished one and the four gray renderings look to be different views of the same head. The spots on the top of the head and the gills on the side seem to match up to me. :dunno

It's definitely not the same, generally it's the same, there's a few details that aren't quite right but mainly the small details aren't as clear.

I feel like I'd be in for at least 4 or 5 figures if they were 1/6. PFs are awesome as statue pieces but bigger and more expensive than i feel comfortable spending.

15wtuv.jpg

2j5gvuf.jpg

knew i saw those pics before they were posted here a while ago
https://theclubhouse1.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=73482&hilit=mass+effect

It's definitely not the same, generally it's the same, there's a few details that aren't quite right but mainly the small details aren't as clear.

Seriously guys, can't you see that the first pic is not an actual statue ? It's a 3d render from the cinematic :slap. The sculpt looks bad btw. The whole facial structure seems wrong.

Actually the sculpt looks quite accurate. The problem is that it is unpainted. If you look at the sculpt his face seems significantly wider, but that's just because they have not painted the pink gill like section of his head. A lot of the difference is just from the textures too, which can be replicated through the paint. The only issue I can see with the sculpt is that the nose seems rather thick compared to the 3D rendering. I really hope they go all out with the paint applications. If they can give it those kinds of textures then it will easily be one of their best statues ever.

Seriously guys, can't you see that the first pic is not an actual statue ? It's a 3d render from the cinematic :slap. The sculpt looks bad btw. The whole facial structure seems wrong.

the sculpt is two years ago and it was a Wip.:dunno

Monger, if you want, i can make a comparisson pic for you tomorrow to show all the minuses the sculpt has.

Monger, if you want, i can make a comparisson pic for you tomorrow to show all the minuses the sculpt has.

Honestly I couldn't care less. I would much rather Sideshow show off a painted sculpt so that while you guys are complaining about how inaccurate it is, I can enjoy a taste of what will hopefully soon be in my collection.

EDIT: I definitely could have said that more nicely. I appreciate the thought, but I much rather just see the direction Sideshow takes with the sculpt. Personally, I don't like to be too critical or see critical analysis of the sculpt prior to the paint applications especially in the case of someone like Thane, who has very unique skin textures on his head. To me the paint will make the difference here.

Last edited:
especially in the case of someone like Thane, who has very unique skin textures on his head. To me the paint will make the difference here.

I agree, but then you have to remember sideshow's production flat paint :wink1: :rolleyes2. So it's quite pointless to judge the prototype, considering sideshow's tendence to ruin sculpts with their awfull paint apps.
I love Thane Krios as a character, and want a statue of him, but i don't think sideshow are going to give him a justice :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I would love if they tried to go for something like that, where the bases somewhat match up so that it creates that kind of scene.

Of course what you can't see in that picture is Shepard in his drunken walk pose. Guess the cameraman missed him by just a bit.

I would love if they tried to go for something like that, where the bases somewhat match up so that it creates that kind of scene.

Of course what you can't see in that picture is Shepard in his drunken walk pose. Guess the cameraman missed him by just a bit.

thats cause he fell off camera when the picture was taking. Stay
out of Purgatory Shep.

Back