Media Mass Effect General Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainiac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mass-Effect.jpg

This is a thread for all talk related to Mass Effect. Games, comics, movies, statues, figures, art and everything else.

trH0NQe.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

17048.jpg

mass-effect-3-game-facebook-cover.jpg

banner_mass_effect_novels.jpg

18kbvz7kq5x5sjpg.jpg

Assorted Mass Effect Threads on the forum:
ThreeZero 1/6 Scale Mass Effect Commander Shepard Action Figure
ThreeZero 1/6 Scale Statue Mass Effect Legion Action Figure
Gaming Heads Mass Effect 1/4 Scale Statue Garrus Vakarian
Gaming Heads Mass Effect 1/4 Scale Statue :Tali Zorah Vas Normandy
Gaming Heads Mass Effect 1/4 Scale Statue: Liara T'Soni
Sideshow Collectibles Mass Effect Commander Shepard Premium Format
Mass Effect Andromeda Discussion
Mass Effect McFarlane Action Figure Discussion

I love Mass Effect, but like countless others I felt that the original endings were a failure and left me with a crappy feeling after devoting so much time to what was such a fantastic tale. Once the updated endings came up I felt a bit better towards it, but personally I believe the fight was never finished, we never concluded the war against the reapers.I guess I shouldnt dwell on that and instead remember the trip getting there, all the memories of friends and villains that got us to the end. For those who still keep hope for Shepard, never forget the one who tried to keep us from that ending

ME3-marauder-shields-by-scaperdeage.jpg

Mass Effect, one of Science Fiction franchises that I adore.

Star Wars started me on the path of craziness I am now on, and Mass Effect has driven me further with it (and a little bit beyond the edge of sanity really) making me delve into realizing my three favorite characters, Mordin, Grunt and Wrex into bust and sometime in the future life size form.

Star Wars makes me build 1/6 scale, but Mass Effect...that drives me to achieve full scale.

I love the franchise, faults and all. It's one of those rare occasions (like with Star Wars) I can look past its faults and just ENJOY it. Not many things have had an affect on my creative nature as Mass Effect has done.

I agree. The world building, with the codex and lore, is up there with Star Wars. It's one of the most fully realised universes created in recent memory.

I'm both surprised and disappointed at the lack of merchandise and figures this year. I had thought there would be a new 1/6 line, even from one of the unlicensed companies. There's nothing from NECA, McFarlane, not even new Funko Pops. I keep hoping Prime 1 will announce they have the license for statues, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

The official BioWare Store has small statues and plushes sometimes, but the selection is limited.

Yeah, I'm surprised there's no ME merch out there as well. Same with MGS, but that's got its own story. In a way I'm kinda grateful though. There's no way I'd be able to juggle Star Wars, Marvel/DC, random one-offs and something like Mass Effect. Still, I hope that sometime in the future we get some good 1/6th figures. Maybe DamToys could take it up, they're doing good work with AssCreed from what I'm seeing. VideoGame merch in general isn't that easy to come by. There are tons of VG characters I want in 1/6th format.

I'm both surprised and disappointed at the lack of merchandise and figures this year. I had thought there would be a new 1/6 line, even from one of the unlicensed companies. There's nothing from NECA, McFarlane, not even new Funko Pops. I keep hoping Prime 1 will announce they have the license for statues, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

The official BioWare Store has small statues and plushes sometimes, but the selection is limited.
Same, I was at least hoping for some Neca ones too but there's been absolutely nothing which is strange, a damn shame.
I'm still on the hunt for a Threezero Shepard since I doubt we'll ever get 1/6 scale ME figures again, maybe DamToys could look into.
I did get autographs from Mark Meer and Ali Hillis earlier this year to at least celebrate ME's return and get something to display.

Same, I was at least hoping for some Neca ones too but there's been absolutely nothing which is strange, a damn shame.
I'm still on the hunt for a Threezero Shepard since I doubt we'll ever get 1/6 scale ME figures again, maybe DamToys could look into.
I did get autographs from Mark Meer and Ali Hillis earlier this year to at least celebrate ME's return and get something to display.

Aftermarket prices on Ebay are very high for the few figures and statues there are, so there's a demand for ME stuff that no one is stepping up to.
Makes me think the license is hard to get or unavailable, which is stupid on the part of BioWare. A lot of money to be made here.
Those autographs are gonna look awesome on display if figures ever do appear.

There's a Mordin statue that just went up on the BioWare store. I went ahead and ordered even though it feels a tad overpriced for the small size. I just want some figures, it's the same problem I had with the lack of Alita merchandise.

https://gear.bioware.com/products/mordin-solus-collectible-statue

Or maybe Lim could look into it? ;)

I wish someone go around to making Garrus and Liara, my favourite squad members.

Or maybe Lim could look into it? ;)

I wish someone go around to making Garrus and Liara, my favourite squad members.
Sadly nobody in team has played the trilogy in it's entirety except me, I've already brought it up but there's no interest, we did check the production cost for Shepard's armor and it would be really high so yeah....
I hope Damtoys or even Threezero again could do some 1/6 figures, I had hoped with the remaster we could at least see a figure of Shepard but maybe we'll have better luck with the next ME game, if it doesn't turn into another Andromeda that is.

Last edited:
Aftermarket prices on Ebay are very high for the few figures and statues there are, so there's a demand for ME stuff that no one is stepping up to.
Makes me think the license is hard to get or unavailable, which is stupid on the part of BioWare. A lot of money to be made here.
Those autographs are gonna look awesome on display if figures ever do appear.

There's a Mordin statue that just went up on the BioWare store. I went ahead and ordered even though it feels a tad overpriced for the small size. I just want some figures, it's the same problem I had with the lack of Alita merchandise.

https://gear.bioware.com/products/mordin-solus-collectible-statue
I saw that Mordin statue and also the Garrus one but me not being a statue guy and the import tax put me off from getting them, I really wanted the legendary cache for the helmet but that would cost me even more at the end of the day, it's a damn shame that the only ME figures in recent memory were those Andromeda ****** ones by Mcfarlane.

Sadly nobody in team has played the trilogy in it's entirety except me, I've already brought it up but there's no interest, we did check the production cost for Shepard's armor and it would be really high so yeah....
I hope Damtoys or even Threezero again could do some 1/6 figures, I had hoped with the remaster we could at least see a figure of Shepard but maybe we'll have better luck with the next ME game, if it doesn't turn into another Andromeda that is.
Damn shame there's no interest, after the updates on the other figure, I can only imagine how awesome Shepard and Garrus would be from you guys. Do you know if Master Team has played the trilogy?

Threezero is fairly responsive so maybe if people brought it up to them on FB it might cause some consideration. They've come a long way from their early figures in quality. That's the main reason I haven't been trying to track down Legion, since he's such an older figure I'd be worried about the sticky paint jobs Threezero used to have. I don't know if Dam Toys listens to fan ideas or feedback.

Prime 1 has so many game lines going, I keep hoping they will announce they have the ME license.

Damn shame there's no interest, after the updates on the other figure, I can only imagine how awesome Shepard and Garrus would be from you guys. Do you know if Master Team has played the trilogy?

Threezero is fairly responsive so maybe if people brought it up to them on FB it might cause some consideration. They've come a long way from their early figures in quality. That's the main reason I haven't been trying to track down Legion, since he's such an older figure I'd be worried about the sticky paint jobs Threezero used to have. I don't know if Dam Toys listens to fan ideas or feedback.

Prime 1 has so many game lines going, I keep hoping they will announce they have the ME license.
No, Mass Effect isn't that popular or well known in China, it's a damn shame.

I've already messaged them a while back about the possibility of more ME figures and they never replied so I guess it's not in their interest, I really hope they strike a del with EA for the next game tho, maybe that could entice them to make Shepard and as a far as we know Liara, a Garrus would be a dream but kinda doubt he'll ever get made.
I remember their Legion, it was a good looking figure aside from the massive scale difference between it and Shepard.

I'm not a statue collector but would absolutely love to see Prime 1 take on the license, always like to see their work.

No, Mass Effect isn't that popular or well known in China, it's a damn shame.

I've already messaged them a while back about the possibility of more ME figures and they never replied so I guess it's not in their interest, I really hope they strike a del with EA for the next game tho, maybe that could entice them to make Shepard and as a far as we know Liara, a Garrus would be a dream but kinda doubt he'll ever get made.
I remember their Legion, it was a good looking figure aside from the massive scale difference between it and Shepard.

I'm not a statue collector but would absolutely love to see Prime 1 take on the license, always like to see their work.
I'm just praying that if/whenever the next ME comes out, ME gets put back on the map for companies making collectibles. Don't really see much else happening apart from this.

I’m always late to the party, but it’s crazy to me how little available merch there is for Mass Effect. Like, did anyone ever make a proper Wrex figure?

Threezero’s 1/6 Shepard is both hard to find and expensive… and every review I saw of him was that it wasn’t even that good to begin with.

With the Legendary system, I was hoping the floodgates would open - figures, model kits, replicas, etc. Despite selling well, it looks like nobody was willing to step up.

That’s a shame. There’s so many old and new fans who are still waiting for this stuff.

I’m always late to the party, but it’s crazy to me how little available merch there is for Mass Effect. Like, did anyone ever make a proper Wrex figure?

Threezero’s 1/6 Shepard is both hard to find and expensive… and every review I saw of him was that it wasn’t even that good to begin with.

With the Legendary system, I was hoping the floodgates would open - figures, model kits, replicas, etc. Despite selling well, it looks like nobody was willing to step up.

That’s a shame. There’s so many old and new fans who are still waiting for this stuff.

All hope is not lost. Hopefully ME4 is what opens the floodgates. Different market now than it was when the trilogy initially came out.

All hope is not lost. Hopefully ME4 is what opens the floodgates. Different market now than it was when the trilogy initially came out.
True. Even Threezero’s offering came out right in the hottest, meanest part of the ending controversy. Even a fan like me wasn’t eager to plunk down a lot of cash for a figure at the time.

All we can do is wait for ME4, hope it doesn't suck and that it catches the attention of any brand out there to make figures, I only wish for 3 above anyone else, Shepard, Garrus and Liara, any scale would do.

Unfortunately for us Mass Effect isn't that popular in China but I would've hoped DAM/VTS or even SooSoo would've taken a stab at making a new Shepard by now, especially DAM/VTS since they've done stuff like Rico from Starship Troopers and the characters from a sci-fi movie called The Wandering Earth and of course they have a lot of experience with military figures, SooSoo is more likely to listen but less likely to make it-

The whole situation really sucks, the end of the third game left a big stain in the legacy of the original trilogy and Andromeda made things worse, I hope ME4 can give us the continuation we deserve and hopefully some new figures along with it.

Back