Mass Effect 3 ending no spoilers please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the Ending of ME 3 bad?

• Total voters

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
I didn't even want to touch the original thread for fear of spoilers. But I have a question. I have been trying to get though 2 this week since I want 3. I went to order it off of amazon and saw horrible reviews. I have read some no the general opinions are the last 10 minutes ruin the whole game. Then I get on IGN and there is an article about the ending which I didn't read.

So I ask is it really that bad?

This is a great idea for a thread. I should have thought of this. I'm completely new to the ME games. I've had the ME1 collectors edition since I preordered it before the game came out so long ago. For some reason, I only played the first 15 minutes of it and I haven't touched it since.

Now the the trilogy is over I find myself wanting to go through all three games back to back to back for the first time. I wanted to get the CE of ME3 and I can, but it will cost me $132.00

But now I don't know if spending that kind of money for the CE of ME3 will be worth it, if I will just feel like crap after I finish it. :(

Maybe I should just buy the regular game instead when it comes down in price?

I really don't know what to do about it. Anybody have some advice on that? :pray:

i'm working through ME2 aswell and am avoiding that thread for fear of spoilers.

The ending kerfuffle worries me, but there's never a good way to end something so beloved really

I haven’t even begun to play because I can’t import my ____ing Shepard's face from ME2! Its ____ing unbelievable that Bioware could have over looked something as simple as importing your characters face from the last two games into the third. As stupid as it sounds I'm waiting for them to patch this before I play the damn game. It just doesn’t feel right playing a character that isn’t your character after playing over 100+ hours between the two.

One review I read scares me more than that. They posted something like with the ending in 3 it pretty much makes every decision you ever made void. I'm not sure what that means but I would hate to think they spent so much time making these decisions matter only to throw that part of the game away at the end.

One review I read scares me more than that. They posted something like with the ending in 3 it pretty much makes every decision you ever made void. I'm not sure what that means but I would hate to think they spent so much time making these decisions matter only to throw that part of the game away at the end.

It's true, they are all basically the same.

I'll post, since I'm one of a small handful that seem to have beaten it here on the forums and have been talking about it in the original thread.

The last 10 minutes really does taint an almost perfect series.

Badmoon the review you read was right. In the end you are given 2 (or 3) very similar choices depending on your EMS (Effective Military Strength). All of which are in stark contrast of the personality that we (the gamer) know to be shepherd, and that has been established of him before the end sequence.

But that is really only the beginning of the endings trouble. None of it makes and sense and feels like it was poorly planned.

I'm 20 hours in and I am loving it so far. The game is great....but my expectations for the ending have been greatly reduced. To hear that the ending taints a great franchise is a bad thing to hear, I'll let you now what I thought of the ending when beat it (spoiler free).

It's just weird. I never expected to see that on amazon today. 85% say how great the game was only to be ruined in the last 10 minutes. :dunno

Man I cant believe this. The missions and storytelling have been amazing so far, like my recent undertaking of the mission with Tali and Legion. Amazing storytelling - pure art. Game of the Many Years Award. But to keep seeing headlines of how bad the ending is has really got me worried. It is kind of disappointing to know this and I haven't even got there yet. lol Any word from Bioware?? /masseffectfanboy

ps: Good thread idea. Hopefully members that played it to the end can calm me lol

I beat it last night, I'm not going into detail but yes the ending ruined the game. It's such a great, fun, interactive game...but that ending....

I'm lad it's getting a lot of negativity about the ending, bioware needs to be aware.

It's a great game...but yeah that ending leaves me wondering. There is speculation that perhaps it's not even the "real" ending and we will be getting more in perhaps a DLC. Who knows. Bioware hasn't said much at this point. But I do hope we get a more definitive ending than what we have now.

But other than that - great game...had me on the edge of my seat...made me cry a couple times. Really packs a big emotional punch now that we are right in the middle of war.

Was this the game that the original ending was leaked and thus they changed it? Maybe it has something to do with the quality of what we got.

It's a great game...but yeah that ending leaves me wondering. There is speculation that perhaps it's not even the "real" ending and we will be getting more in perhaps a DLC. Who knows. Bioware hasn't said much at this point. But I do hope we get a more definitive ending than what we have now.

I hope that is something that bioware did not plan before the release of the game. Because if they did it should have shipped on the disc!

Hopefully it's in response to the criticism....and it has to be a free DLC, if they try to charge for a complete ending DLC then many people will be furious.

I voted 'runied everything' though that's too black&white a statement. I am of the opinion that ME3 was rushed. Ten hours shorter, broken journal, really a small amt of side quests not involving 'scanning and your done' type stuff. They needed another year to give the fans' the game they wanted, IMO

Such a shame, cause the story and pacing of story was pretty good - way better than ME2

ME1 for all its technical issues in comparison to Me2 and 3, remains my fav game in the trilogy, easily

I finished this last night and I have to say I hated the ending of ME3. Does it ruin the series for me......no but it puts an asterisk mark next to a damn near perfect storyline covering 3 games.

The ending feels like it was written by someone who had not been paying attention to the series. It ruined for me what was going to be the best game I've ever played.

I have yet to play ME3, but I LOVED ME1 and ME2....SO, do you guys think that the game was rushed or that BioWare has sold out to EA (with lackluster ME3 and DragonAge 2) ????

Back