Mary Jane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you love Mary Jane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've said it before & I'll say it again...why would Mary Jane, the love of Peter Parker's life, pose with a gun like the one that killed Pete's Uncle Ben?

Same here, but I do need a lame excuse cuz the only thing linkin it to Spidey is the tattoo. Other than that it's just a hot chick looking like MJ, because of the red hair.

I think you found your men, daikkenaurora :lol

Same here, but I do need a lame excuse cuz the only thing linkin it to Spidey is the tattoo. Other than that it's just a hot chick looking like MJ, because of the red hair.

Yeah, its not like the little Venom doll on the floor ties it to anything except....oh wait.....

Look, its a moot point because its not like Brooks would just use an existing piece for Sideshow, if he did a Mary Jane I'm sure it'd be something new but if you're looking for a connection how about this? In the McFarlane run of Amazing Spider-Man he introduces Venom in issue 299, the full character not just the alien, which goes to the Parker's apartment and terrorizes Mary Jane looking for Peter. She is so terrified after the whole ordeal in ASM 300 when Peter comes home she can't even look at the standard black costume because it paralyzes her with fear. That is what leads to the change back to red/blue.

This piece could easily represent the events right after or even when Venom escapes when Mary Jane is home and has armed herself for protection, the Venom doll easily represents the object of her fear in a little tongue and cheek kind of joke like the Vision does in Brook's Scarlet Witch comiquette.

molds might have been the wrong word, but i do believe that i read about it on the Statue Forum (or elsewhere) that it was a one time gift between Hughes and Brooks and that after it was made all pieces/drawing associated with said sculpt were discarded. not 100% sure, but more like 95% sure that's what was stated in the article i read, and i think it was either Brooks or Hughes that wrote the article/thread about it.

like i said not 100% on this, maybe 90% now.:lol

so then, this is pretty much a pointless thread, cause we will never get this :duh

We would never get this officially from Sideshow anyway. If Brooks did a Mary Jane Comiquette it'd be an All-New Design one owned by Sideshow.

Someone important, but not as important as another guy at Sideshow could maybe possibly perhaps might be paying attention...
icon9.gif

I love everything about it except the knee socks. Its true to the original art, but I gotta have the bare legs...:drool :drool :drool

Little repaint, minor resculpt = Heaven

Back