Media MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4: INFINITE (yes ... it's confirmed!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the re-release will include all digital content?

And regarding digital content, were the DLC characters for MvC3 removed? I haven't played that game in ages.

If you bought the digital content prior to 2012 I believe you can login to your PSN account on your PS3 and it should still allow you to re-download the content thru your download list

However ... I've noticed on the PS4 that purchases you made in the past are not always kept on the PSN download library.

For instance I bought Little Big Planet 3 for the PS4 and there was a flash sale that included all the Marvel Costumes. Now that I've transferred all my downloads to my Pro, Disney has since removed all that content and I dont have access to it anymore.

That's why I prefer disc based game of the year editions or game discs with all DLC included.

Here's the thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mvci/comments/5le778/happy_new_leaks/

I have to split this up when copypasta-ing it.
So here's Part 1:
"Prefacing this: Both side's MvCI rosters include DLC. I actually have no idea who is launch because it's still up in the air sans no X-Men. My MvCI info is around 3 months old btw. Source said wait til New Year's to leak. I wanted to do this on Xmas. With that said...

MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Edward Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West.

Cinematic trailer is indeed Ultron infected with the Sigma Virus and the main villain of MvCI.

Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doom are all DLC and not making the base roster.

Some Street Fighter characters might be held off on MvCI as DLC to make an X-Men vs Street Fighter DLC themed pack.

MvCI's director Norio Hirose wanted the Capcom cast from MvC to return since he programmed that. Hence why they're part of MvCI (except Mega Man is Mega Man X instead).

Ono suggested Ingrid and R. Mika for MvCI.

Combofiend suggested and got Spencer on MvCI in at his own request, as the team obliged.

Phoenix Wright was almost nixed on in favor of only Simon. The team felt he was a failed idea on UMvC3, but wanted to redeem him. They choose Simon because he's more straightforward and relevant (AA5 & 6). Franziska hasn't been on any lately, so no priority.

More than one BoF character was considered for MvCI. Bleu and Fou-Lu namely. Bleu almost got in with Nina. Katt, Rei, and Garr were all considered as well. Ryu never was. For fans of it, if you want more Breath of Fire characters later on MvCI, make noise. They'll listen.

Dante isn't based on DmC (reboot) version, but classic Dante for those who are worried. Dante isn't based on the reboot version because DMC5 will be announced in 2017.

Batsu almost got passed over in favor of Akira and Yurika as the Rival Schools rep.

Edward Falcon was included on because Power Stone fit the Infinity Stone motif AND Power Stone is coming back.

Leon was included to hype up the RE2 REmake.

They went with Tessa over a 3rd Darkstalkers character because of her storyline connection with Doctor Strange (which was previously teased on UMvC3) that they want to expand upon in a meaningful way. Both are scientists who dabble in magic with an interest in the unknown.

Masamune Date got in to appease the Japanese fanbase and garner interest from them.

"When it comes to Zero's exclusion, as far as I know, Zero's getting the Mega Man treatment this time around. Which is an odd exclusion given X is there. And back to 2vs2. But Zero got in TvC and both versions of MvC3 without X. So maybe that's their view? I can only assume they thought 3 MMX characters were too many. Zero might show up in the story mode though. I haven't heard anything for or against it, actually. But hold hope for that and DLC maybe. It'd honestly be surprising if Zero didn't even show up in the story. But X is the one of the focal storyline characters on MvCI, so they could be looking at it like not wanting to take away from X's glory. X might've been chosen and highlighted in such a way in spite of Zero. I'm really not sure. But Zero's exclusion, to me, seems to be the head scratching disappointment like Mega Man's was on both MvC3s.

Howard the Duck almost got in in place of Squirrel Girl. He just barely missed the roster, but fan demand could easily get him on MvCI.

As said, Rocket now has Groot included as an assist like Maya does for Wright in his moveset on MvCI.

Ant-Man is no longer in Hawkeye's MvCI Hyper. Hawkeye has a brand new one entirely. Wasp is in Ant-Man's moveset btw.

There will be characters not in MvCI's launch roster nor current DLC plans in the story mode ala SFV.

Akuma isn't part of the roster or even planned at the moment as far as I know. Could change though. I'd assume Akuma could make it in because of possible XvsSF pack plans.
Fans will likely wind up dictating more X-Men DLC than the 3 they have planned. They are aware of that already. I wouldn't be surprised if they launch with only Ryu and Rashid. And then make Chun, Gief and Gill DLC in that XvsSF pack since 3 of each that way.

Lastly, my name is actually a hint as to when it comes out... At least that's the aim internally, barring any issues that arise."
^ Their name is Ten_Count_Fall. So...October 2017 release date?

They went on to respond about no Haggar, Gwenpool over Deadpool when they've made up with Fox, and which version of Ghost Rider would be used too:
"I was honestly surprised when I heard he'd be gone. But Zangief makes him redundant, and with Norio's inclination to bring back the Capcom cast from the first MvC, and potential plans for X-Men vs Street Fighter themed DLC, it made sense when my source told me. I am sad no Final Fight character though, personally. As I wanted Poison and Haggar or just Poison to rep Final Fight this time. But I guess that series just isn't going to get some love this time. Sure, things can change, because their development decisions still aren't even finalized. But I wouldn't count on either.

As for Deadpool and Gwenpool, all I know is that Marvel wanted Gwen in one way or another, and Gwenpool was the one they would up going with. I guess Deadpool could still get in as DLC, if their movesets are different enough. I wasn't privy to what all Gwenpool could do and would be doing and if she's a 1:1 clone or anything like that. Their actual play styles could be completely different, even if similar, to leave the option of Deadpool's inclusion as DLC later. But I really can't tell you either way sadly.

I wasn't specified which version of Ghost Rider it was. Didn't think to ask either, because I assumed it would just be Johnny Blaze again. But I guess it could be Reyes and they just change the motorcycle stuff to a car instead."

I hope Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite gets some sort of gameplay upgrade.

Huge fan of the "Vs." series...I imported X-Men Vs. Street Fighter for the Sega Saturn way back in the 90's and have played and enjoyed every iteration of the series so far.

Picked up Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 last night after Gamestop called and said they were allowed to sell the game early. Granted I only got to play for 30 minutes, AND this isn't a brand new game...but the game play felt dated. I hadn't played MvC3 since it was first released, and have been playing Street Fighter V pretty extensively.

I would LOVE to get a MvC game with the same art style, but it ain't happening. Anyways, still looking forward to MvC: Infinite.

Probably as DLC

... like the XMEN ..

Any gaming site taking preorders for the collectors edition?

I had a $150 credit on PSN

bought the digital copy (deluxe)

I get the premium theme, 4 deluxe preorder costumes for Thor Hulk Megaman and Ryu

Also the season pass which includes 6 characters

Rumoured to be Wolverine, Cyclops, Sigma, and a couple other Capcom characters

-----

The statue set is sold seperately here in Canada.

As opposed to buying the Collectors Edition for $200 USD or $280 Canadian

EB Games has the Triforce Infinity Gems and 4 figure set for $149.99 Canadian or $110 USD

not bad.

It doesnt come with the steelbook and game / season pass though... but I already have most of that on PSN

3max.jpg

4scrmax1.jpg

6scrmax2.jpg

8scrmax3.jpg

10scrmax4.jpg

How the **** is Wolverine not a default character? He's been a staple of the series since the beginning, and arguably the best fighter in the series from the Marvel side.

he's an X-MAN that's why and Marvel have the Infinity War films to promote

How the **** is Wolverine not a default character? He's been a staple of the series since the beginning, and arguably the best fighter in the series from the Marvel side.

Part of Marvel's SECRET WAR against all their movie properties "owned" by other studios (i.e. anything X-Men and Fantastic Four-related)

If we get Cyclops I really hope we see Psylocke back since the original roster for the Marvel Heroes Infinity Gems game included both

Back